De’Aaron Fox

Kingster

Hall of Famer
He's not near 100%. I think that's pretty clear. How far "off" is he, is the question
If we really want to drill down on this point, then we have to define what we mean by 100%. I would bet the bank that Sabonis isn't a 100% either, but I haven't seen it in his performance. Does 100% mean full mobility? If so, Fox checks the box, imo. Does 100% mean Fox can raise his hands in full extension above his head? Again, he checks the box from what I've seen. But if 100% means there is no discomfort, then yes, he appears uncomfortable, for want of a better word.

If we really want to drill down on this point, then we have to define what we mean by 100%. I would bet the bank that Sabonis isn't a 100% either, but I haven't seen it in his performance. Does 100% mean full mobility? If so, Fox checks the box, imo. Does 100% mean Fox can raise his hands in full extension above his head? Again, he checks the box from what I've seen. But if 100% means there is no discomfort, then yes, he appears uncomfortable, for want of a better word.
Put it this way, he doesn't look nearly as good as he did 5-10 games ago, when he looked at full strength or as close to 100% as he would need to be

gunks

Hall of Famer
Stiles and Watkins just reported on Fox’s performance this season in clutch situations. Quite the opposite of last year. Wonder what’s happened this season.

39% from field
0-13 for 3pt FG
12-20 for FTs
My eye test says it's more jacking 3s and less attacking the paint/midrange..... although he was missing that previously automatic floater a few times last night so what do I know!

whoops! in that case, disregard my comment and carry on.
whoops! in that case, disregard my comment and carry on.

i understand that there were previous "fox" threads, so, maybe this was addressed in the offseason (when it happened)

but, isn't anyone worried that fox is pricing himself out of sacramento?.

i refer to the team's offer in the offseason to add two more years to his deal (getting it matched up with sabonis) at a little over $50 million per year.

fox declined the (what i consider a "fair" number) offer choosing to bet on himself - if he again makes an all-nba team, he becomes eligible for $60 million plus for four years. (super max deal, similar to what bradley beal .has - which led to his trade).

initially, it seemed like a good bet, by fox since ja would not play enough games to qualify.

but looking at his recent play, i think he is going to lose that bet.

and how does he respond?

maybe by playing out his current contract and signing with the other klutch players on the lakers?

monte may be forced to trade him (although this time, he'll get value).

it really depends on whether keegan is a major player on this team (or not).

Stiles and Watkins just reported on Fox’s performance this season in clutch situations. Quite the opposite of last year. Wonder what’s happened this season.

39% from field
0-13 for 3pt FG
12-20 for FTs
Fox’s 3pt shot improved tremendously, but he’s regressed as a whole this year despite his hot start. I don’t like speculating, but something seems off with him mentally as of late. He’s not playing at the level he should be. Careless turnovers and fouls paired with missed shots in the clutch is not something we saw last season.

I would take last year’s Fox over this year’s Fox…

Fox’s 3pt shot improved tremendously, but he’s regressed as a whole this year despite his hot start. I don’t like speculating, but something seems off with him mentally as of late. He’s not playing at the level he should be. Careless turnovers and fouls paired with missed shots in the clutch is not something we saw last season.

I would take last year’s Fox over this year’s Fox…
Something's just been off the last 10 games or so. Maybe he's just so fed up with lack of calls he gets when he drives to the rim he's just stopped doing it? Because despite his new shot, he just shouldn't be one of the highest volume 3pt shooters in the NBA, as he has been.

22.7 PPG
4.7 APG
3.0 RPG
2.6 Turnovers/game
37.3% from 3 on 6.3 att (very good)
51.9% TS (very bad)
4.7 FTA/game (72.3% FT)

Just not good enough. These look like his pre-Domas numbers, without the good 3pt%, if we're being honest. And until he gets back to being himself, us quibbling about role players and ancillary guys just aren't going to matter if he's not playing like a top 10/15 player.

Why is hamm hinting at a personal issue without elaboration. I mean just keep it to yourself.
Fox is lucky that Sacramento is a small market with 3 other basketball teams in California with more interesting narratives this year…otherwise ESPN would be calling for his head on his poor play and speculate about his personal issue on national TV.

With that being said, I hope it’s something he’ll be able to get through and we should respect his privacy. Life is bigger than basketball, but sometimes we forget and demand answers for why a guy isn’t scoring 30ppg.

The speculation is that he didn't like being criticized by Mike Brown for not talking to the media, after the most recent home blow out loss to New Orleans. That was when they sent Keon Ellis to the post game podium to answer questions, as a two way contract player who hadn't played hardly at all.

The speculation is that he didn't like being criticized by Mike Brown for not talking to the media, after the most recent home blow out loss to New Orleans. That was when they sent Keon Ellis to the post game podium to answer questions, as a two way contract player who hadn't played hardly at all.
What did Mike Brown say that offended him? From what I remember he got asked why the “leaders” weren’t speaking to the media, and all he said was he never knows who speaks after the game and that Fox, Sabonis and the whole team should be held accountable.