Corbin already signed for remainder of year?

I don't think either one of them is particularly happy for the simple reason they told us to "trust them" and probably fully expected us to just follow along. We are Kings fans. We don't trust anybody any more.
Too true, I don't know whether I should laugh or cry at the bolded part.

I just don't understand how they can fire Malone with nobody better in mind, then sign one of that HC's assistants who nobody has any confidence in for the remainder of the season, then tell everyone to trust them while they're ignoring a HOF coach who wants to coach the team and is available. Nobody is going show up if they don't do something that actually makes sense.

CarmichaelDave is being very cryptic on his twitter at the moment but it does not sound good!

@carmichaeldave: S. M. H.

@carmichaeldave: I can't get out of town quick enough.

@carmichaeldave: I guess all I can say is- I'm sorry guys. I really am. Not to overdramatize, but there's just so much weight to bear for some great people.

@carmichaeldave: We are with you @boogiecousins. We see you working, being a pro. Other stuff will pass. Thanks for killing it every single night. #DMCtoNYC

@carmichaeldave: No titles.Sale of the team.Maloof years. Glory days a decade ago. Yet on a school night, all passion. BEST FANS EVER. http://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/549831787484938241/photo/1

@carmichaeldave: There may be no answers right now, but tough times make me reminisce. Here's to the reminder that thick or thin, there are no better fans.

Appologies but its impossible to copy content of the post from the iPad twitter app.

Last edited:
Man. :(

No offense to Corbin, but unless he is allowed to instill a good defensive mentality in this team and take us back to half court offense playing to DMC's strengths, this is so disappointing. I'm not excited about this at all. This is downright depressing. Thanks a lot, PDA.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
CarmichaelDave is being very cryptic on his twitter at the moment but it does not sound good!

@carmichaeldave: S. M. H.

@carmichaeldave: I can't get out of town quick enough.

@carmichaeldave: I guess all I can say is- I'm sorry guys. I really am. Not to overdramatize, but there's just so much weight to bear for some great people.

@carmichaeldave: We are with you @boogiecousins. We see you working, being a pro. Other stuff will pass. Thanks for killing it every single night. #DMCtoNYC

@carmichaeldave: No titles.Sale of the team.Maloof years. Glory days a decade ago. Yet on a school night, all passion. BEST FANS EVER. http://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/549831787484938241/photo/1

@carmichaeldave: There may be no answers right now, but tough times make me reminisce. Here's to the reminder that thick or thin, there are no better fans.

Appologies but its impossible to copy content of the post from the iPad twitter app.
This is only a very small portion of what was said by Dave and a lot of others tonight. The ones about him getting out of town are in reference to a planned trip to New Orleans for the New Year. He's looking forward to getting away from the circus drama.

He also said:

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 24m24 minutes ago
@DJStrat: @CarmichaelDave is everything in jeopardy at the moment? Team? Ownership? Arena?” No. No. No.

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 1h1 hour ago
There may be no answers right now, but tough times make me reminisce. Here's to the reminder that thick or thin, there are no better fans.

And that tweet about us being the BEST FANS EVER was in reference to this:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Man. :(

No offense to Corbin, but unless he is allowed to instill a good defensive mentality in this team and take us back to half court offense playing to DMC's strengths, this is so disappointing. I'm not excited about this at all. This is downright depressing. Thanks a lot, PDA.
Well the ONLY good news is that with a one year contract as HC a no real chance to KEEP the job, he is sort of free to go back to basics and TRY to put up some wins despite the FO.

This is only a very small portion of what was said by Dave and a lot of others tonight. The ones about him getting out of town are in reference to a planned trip to New Orleans for the New Year. He's looking forward to getting away from the circus drama.

He also said:

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 24m24 minutes ago
@DJStrat: @CarmichaelDave is everything in jeopardy at the moment? Team? Ownership? Arena?” No. No. No.

Carmichael Dave ‏@CarmichaelDave 1h1 hour ago
There may be no answers right now, but tough times make me reminisce. Here's to the reminder that thick or thin, there are no better fans.

And that tweet about us being the BEST FANS EVER was in reference to this:

But he has not reply to a couple of questions if its got something to do with Cousins or Rudy! I do not like the sound of this. Hopefully its not DMC wanting out or these idiots pushing him out! :(

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
But he has not reply to a couple of questions if its got something to do with Cousins or Rudy! I do not like the sound of this. Hopefully its not DMC wanting out or these idiots pushing him out! :(
??? He cannot reply to everyone. You have no idea how many tweets he was getting tonight all at once. I was on Twitter the whole night and it was almost impossible to keep up with everything that was hitting.

Did you see DMC's post-game comments? He doesn't want out. He wants the rest of the team to suck it up and play the way they know they're supposed to instead of using excuses. He wasn't angry in the post-game, he was determined and he was adamant.

The front office is not going to push DMC out. He's the only thing they've got right now that's keeping fans from walking en masse towards the exits and never returning. The front office may not be doing all the right things but they are not going to get rid of Cousins.

Tough to see a rookie FO and owner pop their zits in the public eye, but didn't they say that Corbin had their support? At least this is a bit of a follow through I guess. Now, if they are trying to really give themselves the best chance to win and pick a rookie coach who failed miserably as a GM and who's only success can be tied to Don Nelson over HOF candidates I'll worry. If things aren't looking up by the deadline and they just blindly trot along, I'll worry. I'm starting to migrate to the give them time side of the debate.

And by time I mean the end of the road trip. ;)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Well, guess I'd better start boning up on college prospects again this year, 'cause we're going to be keeping our draft pick. #TenthOrBetter

Vivek, I don't know what qualifies as "two seconds ahead" in your world, but in my world, it's not firing a decent if flawed coach without bringing in a better coach. The key is that you bring in a better coach. This is how it works. So now I hope you enjoy that dream you once had of having a competing team when we open the new arena. Go to sleep tonight and dream about it again. Dream about it really often. Because that's the only damn place it's ever going to happen, in behind your eyelids while you're off in Never-Never Land. Good job.

Tyrone Corbin. Seriously, Tyrone Corbin. Who can't even beat the freaking Nets. Well done. Good choice. You saved a few million dollars. Enjoy your yacht, or whatever you buy.

??? He cannot reply to everyone. You have no idea how many tweets he was getting tonight all at once. I was on Twitter the whole night and it was almost impossible to keep up with everything that was hitting.

Did you see DMC's post-game comments? He doesn't want out. He wants the rest of the team to suck it up and play the way they know they're supposed to instead of using excuses. He wasn't angry in the post-game, he was determined and he was adamant.

The front office is not going to push DMC out. He's the only thing they've got right now that's keeping fans from walking en masse towards the exits and never returning. The front office may not be doing all the right things but they are not going to get rid of Cousins.
Didn't see the post game comments as they were not on league pass. I hope you are right but I wouldn't trust those chipmunks as far as I could throw them.

I don't care if they want to make Mullins coach next year... they didn't have to fire Malone and have Corbin coach the rest of the year. Timing my ass, it makes no sense. Fire Malone after the season would've made more sense (even after we make the playoffs). I just have no words, I think I've really given up hope for this season unless some sort of miracle happens.

Well, guess I'd better start boning up on college prospects again this year, 'cause we're going to be keeping our draft pick. #TenthOrBetter.
I can see it unravel right before my very eyes.. I have been granted the ability of clairvoyance, the skills that enable me to manipulate the holographic time grid. The ephemeral opportunity to enter the 4th dimension, to travel outside our observable timespace...

You may feel cheated, like you're being treated like trash. You may even feel like this.

But do not fret nor worry fellow Kings fans, I have come to spread the goods news.

The General Manager of your beloved Kings franchise, Pete D'Alessandro, can clearly see four moves ahead as stated by majority owner Vivek Ranadive.
The hiring and firing of coach Michael Malone was an experiment to rouse and awaken DeMarcus Cousins.
The experiment was a success, as DeMarcus Cousins is going participate in his first All-Star game in New York this year.
Now Kings fans, Pete D'Alessandro's has great foresight, even better than my own. When his most gracious of hosts inherited position of general manager, the great Pete D'Alessandro knew about the pick going to Chicago. First he had to secure Rudy Gay to a 3-year-deal and in order to do so, the team had to win. This could only be accomplished with the awakening of DeMarcus !@#$ing Cousins, which happened.

Once they inked the deal and secured the great Rudini, it was time to fire coach Malone. Sorry to say Kings fans, but coach Malone was a sacrifice. It had to happen.

Now, on towards Corbin and the draft pick. These two key players have vital roles within the grander scheme of things. First, Tyrone Corbin is a decoy. He, with his gimp limp, is there to frustrated us. The fans. To distract us from the bigger picture... and that bigger picture... is the 2017 NBA Championship.

I know what you're thinking.... 2017? 2017 NowImLost, are you serious?

Dead serious.

Hear me out.

Vivek went to India with Adam Silver recently. What do you think they discussed? Basketball Without Borders? Give me a break...

THEY DISCUSSED THE 2015 NBA LOTTERY OF COURSE.

Adam Silver is all about the ratings. The NBA still owes us for 2001, according to David Stern. So, the plan is this... Don't blink because I can only say this once.

Breathe.. breathe...

The Kings finish with a record that leaves them in position to hold the 11th pick prior to the 2015 draft lottery. Now if all things go like you think it should, the Bulls nab the Kings pick. Guess what? That's not gonna happen.

No, no, no.

With a few strings pulled by Silver, the Kings win the 2015 draft lottery and draft Jahlil Okafor.

Then...

...The 2017 NBA Championship.

I can see it unravel right before my very eyes.. I have been granted the ability of clairvoyance, the skills that enable me to manipulate the holographic time grid. The ephemeral opportunity to enter the 4th dimension, to travel outside our observable timespace...

You may feel cheated, like you're being treated like trash. You may even feel like this.

But do not fret nor worry fellow Kings fans, I have come to spread the goods news.

The General Manager of your beloved Kings franchise, Pete D'Alessandro, can clearly see four moves ahead as stated by majority owner Vivek Ranadive.
The hiring and firing of coach Michael Malone was an experiment to rouse and awaken DeMarcus Cousins.
The experiment was a success, as DeMarcus Cousins is going participate in his first All-Star game in New York this year.
Now Kings fans, Pete D'Alessandro's has great foresight, even better than my own. When his most gracious of hosts inherited position of general manager, the great Pete D'Alessandro knew about the pick going to Chicago. First he had to secure Rudy Gay to a 3-year-deal and in order to do so, the team had to win. This could only be accomplished with the awakening of DeMarcus !@#$ing Cousins, which happened.

Once they inked the deal and secured the great Rudini, it was time to fire coach Malone. Sorry to say Kings fans, but coach Malone was a sacrifice. It had to happen.

Now, on towards Corbin and the draft pick. These two key players have vital roles within the grander scheme of things. First, Tyrone Corbin is a decoy. He, with his gimp limp, is there to frustrated us. The fans. To distract us from the bigger picture... and that bigger picture... is the 2017 NBA Championship.

I know what you're thinking.... 2017? 2017 NowImLost, are you serious?

Dead serious.

Hear me out.

Vivek went to India with Adam Silver recently. What do you think they discussed? Basketball Without Borders? Give me a break...

THEY DISCUSSED THE 2015 NBA LOTTERY OF COURSE.

Adam Silver is all about the ratings. The NBA still owes us for 2001, according to David Stern. So, the plan is this... Don't blink because I can only say this once.

Breathe.. breathe...

The Kings finish with a record that leaves them in position to hold the 11th pick prior to the 2015 draft lottery. Now if all things go like you think it should, the Bulls nab the Kings pick. Guess what? That's not gonna happen.

No, no, no.

With a few strings pulled by Silver, the Kings win the 2015 draft lottery and draft Jahlil Okafor.

Then...

...The 2017 NBA Championship.

Really? I read through all that and all the awful gifs just to hear a conspiracy theory?

First the Kings fire the best coach we've had in years and then the 49'ers fire the best coach they've had in years. Why? Not because of wins and losses but because they had stronger personalities than the owners..
:(:(:(

You've got to be kidding me. Seriously. I'm almost done with this team for now.

Every time i think about just throwing in the towel, I think about Cuz, or Ben, or DC, or Rudy, and it's hard to call it quits. I've been in love with this team too long for this, but when is enough, enough?

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
As far as Corbin, this is standard operating procedure. Once the head coach was fired, someone had to be signed to be the head coach of the Kings. It in no way precludes the Kings from making another coaching change if they wake up and see that George Karl is about their only pathway out of this mess.

The bigger concern for me is that Corbin is just keeping the seat warm for Mullin.

If so, I'm guessing we'll see another terrible year next season and probably the end of Boogie's heretofore herculean patience with the Sacramento Kings.

On the upside, if Mullin is the coach of the Titanic Kings when it all falls apart then he and D'Alessandro can be fired together and maybe Vivek will approach the forced rebuild wiser for the experience.

I won't watch that slow motion car crash happen though.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Malone had a contract, too.

I don't take this as a sign one way or the other. Coaches need contracts. He has one.

If this continues to go south (and I believe it will), changes will be made.

Edit - and I see the funky one just posted some similar thoughts. Beat me to it while I was typing!

There's no great plan in the works here, that's for sure. I think the firing might have happened like this:

PDA: Alley-oops for Derrick Williams, are we clear?
Malone: No.
PDA: Yes!
Malone: You want alley-oops, you'll have to fire me.
PDA: Don't think I won't!

Now they say they want a coach who will reinvent basketball, so it'll probably be an unproven name with no NBA track record. I'm afraid the Kings could be much worse next season than they are now.

Last edited:
I think rainmaker pointed out what this does mean is that to get another coach they'd have to fire Corbin, whereas as interim that wasn't necessarily the case.