Corbin already signed for remainder of year?

I don't know whose worse... York and Baalke or Ranadive and PDA.

What a terrible time to be a Niner/Kings fan.

Hell, I would be swinging from the rafters next to Peja's jersey if it weren't for the Giants.
Easy, at least Baalke has proven himself an excellent GM which is more than I can say for the chump running things here. Ugh my 2 favorite teams...my sports soul is officially crushed

Please, please, please everyone tweet @vivek and @pdoro with your displeasure. I can't effing understand this crap, why not hire a proven coach!!!? Does anyone else think we're legitimately tanking on purpose? I can't see any other reason that the FO is going this way.
I don't think that's working.

Apparently people are saying that Corbin was signed right when Malone got fired, so this isn't really anything new. Just that no one reported it back then. Odd but yea. Twitter

Please, please, please everyone tweet @vivek and @pdoro with your displeasure. I can't effing understand this crap, why not hire a proven coach!!!? Does anyone else think we're legitimately tanking on purpose? I can't see any other reason that the FO is going this way.
it's all planned bro. mully massaged this fantasy into the MVP jr high coach's mind. 3.0 is right around the corner..

1.0 mike malone
2.0 tyrone corbin
3.0 chris mullin

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Apparently people are saying that Corbin was signed right when Malone got fired, so this isn't really anything new. Just that no one reported it back then. Odd but yea. Twitter
They already had Corbin under contract, so I'm not sure why they would need a new one.

I truly hope this is much ado about nothing...but after they way they treated Malone, I have no trust for our front office whatsoever.

deep breaths. deep breaths. this seems very normal to me. you get Corbin to take the interim role by signing him thru the rest of the year. They will just pay him out the year as "severance" when they get the real coach.

this doesn't change anything at all. you figure Corbin would just pick up "other duties as assigned" without a little sugar added to the deal?

deep breaths. deep breaths. this seems very normal to me. you get Corbin to take the interim role by signing him thru the rest of the year. They will just pay him out the year as "severance" when they get the real coach.

this doesn't change anything at all. you figure Corbin would just pick up "other duties as assigned" without a little sugar added to the deal?
Didn't even think of it this way....I wouldn't put too much stock into our front office to be that creative though

They already had Corbin under contract, so I'm not sure why they would need a new one.

I truly hope this is much ado about nothing...but after they way they treated Malone, I have no trust for our front office whatsoever.
Different duties. He got a pay raise for being the head coach. It's not like they added years to his contract. Think of it this way, his contract is now for the rest of the year instead of being 2 years. Shorter term with more pay.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I don't know whose worse... York and Baalke or Ranadive and PDA.

What a terrible time to be a Niner/Kings fan.

Hell, I would be swinging from the rafters next to Peja's jersey if it weren't for the Giants.
Yeah cause if you were also an A's fan, instead of a World Series Championship you'd have one of the worst second half collapses in history, a memorable 12 inning crapfest of a Wild Card game loss, and 5 All Stars traded in the last 6 months. Oh yeah and there's also the constant threat of losing the team and an owner who hates the city his team plays in. Kings/Niners/A's -- tell me again why I care about sports. :)

It's not, lol, I've been tweeting them almost on a daily basis since the Malone firing
I don't expect my tweets to cause earth moving results but I think that they still need to know how upset we are as a fanbase, especially those of us that aren't in the area and can't go to games and hold up signs. I'm bombarding those guys and I hope everyone else is too.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
A Jason Kidd move? Who would that coach be in this world of yours?
Oh god only knows who Mullin and PDA may have in mind and like the rest of us I have no idea if minds are changing upstairs either, but I HOPE a little time and pressure might translate into a thoughtful process of selection. My original suspicion was simply based on trying to make sense of the early firing of a successful coach with no clear replacement in the wings.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Different duties. He got a pay raise for being the head coach. It's not like they added years to his contract. Think of it this way, his contract is now for the rest of the year instead of being 2 years. Shorter term with more pay.
Okay, that almost kinda makes sense. I may put the pitchfork back in the shed...for now. Have to wonder, however, just why it was leaked.

I don't expect my tweets to cause earth moving results but I think that they still need to know how upset we are as a fanbase, especially those of us that aren't in the area and can't go to games and hold up signs. I'm bombarding those guys and I hope everyone else is too.
I hear you, If you look at both of their mentions, they are getting lit up by fans

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Problem with it being a new contract is he's no longer an interim coach. Why is that important? Because to hire Karl or someone else before the season is over would require firing Corbin.

I don't see it being likely that we'll see two head coaches fired with a couple months of each other. Also doesn't look like Karl is an option. If we were in serious dialogue with him, why would we sign Corbin to a new contract?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Problem with it being a new contract is he's no longer an interim coach. Why is that important? Because to hire Karl or someone else before the season is over would require firing Corbin.

I don't see it being likely that we'll see two head coaches fired with a couple months of each other. Also doesn't look like Karl is an option. If we were in serious dialogue with him, why would we sign Corbin to a new contract?
Pitchfork is back out of the shed.

Stupid freaking front office.

Karl was never and will never be an option for PDA/Vivek. He would not be the puppet that Vivek and PDA want, hes got 21 winning seasons under his belt he wouldn't put up with any of there data point 3.0 fast pace non sense, heck they would have a better shot at getting Malone to comply.

For anyone paying attention to the signs the message is clear, its looking like a Corbin-Mullin transition.

Karl was never and will never be an option for PDA/Vivek. He would not be the puppet that Vivek and PDA want, hes got 21 winning seasons under his belt he wouldn't put up with any of there data point 3.0 fast pace non sense, heck they would have a better shot at getting Malone to comply.

For anyone paying attention to the signs the message is clear, its looking like a Corbin-Mullin transition.
how long before cuz demands a trade is going to be interesting. they have 2 seasons to convince him to stay before he can opt out. if shi- keeps moving at this pace he'll probably demand it soon. if all goes well, we'll get a gigantic trade exception and maybe some second round picks. this is based off previous talent bleeds.

how long before cuz demands a trade is going to be interesting. they have 2 seasons to convince him to stay before he can opt out. if shi- keeps moving at this pace he'll probably demand it soon. if all goes well, we'll get a gigantic trade exception and maybe some second round picks. this is based off previous talent bleeds.
If this front office is dumb enough to drive away Cousins, I'm done.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If it comes down to a choice between Cousins and PDA, there's only one answer. And luckily for us, it's not PDA. The NBA is a business. Some very wealthy people invested a TON of money into the Sacramento Kings and they expect a return on their investment, especially with the new arena on the horizon.

Cousins puts butts in the seats, PDA does not. It actually can boil down to being that simple, especially when you consider that Vivek is not the sole owner. Guys like the Jacobs Brothers are not going to be happy if things get so bad that the only cash cow this franchise has seen in over a decade gets to the point of wanting to leave.

I give it till the end of this road trip.

This team has given up.

God help us all when Boogie finally explodes. He's a ticking time bomb.

This didn't need to happen.

If it comes down to a choice between Cousins and PDA, there's only one answer. And luckily for us, it's not PDA. The NBA is a business. Some very wealthy people invested a TON of money into the Sacramento Kings and they expect a return on their investment, especially with the new arena on the horizon.

Cousins puts butts in the seats, PDA does not. It actually can boil down to being that simple, especially when you consider that Vivek is not the sole owner. Guys like the Jacobs Brothers are not going to be happy if things get so bad that the only cash cow this franchise has seen in over a decade gets to the point of wanting to leave.
I hope you're right. PDA and Vivek are probably the only ones happy with this situation right now.