Clint Capela may be available

I am yet to hear one great player or anyone outside of the Sac fandom agree with you.
I think that’s why we disagree a lot.

I truly dgaf what great players or people outside Sac fandom or any outsiders say. Really truly. Dgaf about national narrative or any of it.

Vlade is pretty invested in him - lots of people “inside of Sac fandom” are invested in him - and he’s therefore “core” to a lot of people along with Bogi.

You and some other chronically negative posters really can’t live and let live it’s weird. Like someone inside “Sac Fandom” is supposed to crawl out of their mindset and really gaf what others are saying.

Who I say is core doesn’t matter anyway. All I really mean by it is whose signature I want on my Kings hat and which ones I don’t because I think they might be gone later. And Giles is here to stay and he’s damn good too just watch.

Neither team wants that contract, yes or no?
No!

Capela's contract is not the problem here. Philly don't need Capela since they have a better player in Embiid. There will be a taker for Capela out there. It doesn't have to be the Kings. There will be a team in need of C that can get him. If you think you are only need to take on the contract of a player like Capela to get him, I am sorry but you are dreaming.

There has been a vocal bunch on the board 12 months ago that wanted us to offer Capela a max contract and the need is much greater now that it was 12 months ago.

Capela won't be just given away. You can bookmark it.

No!

Capela's contract is not the problem here. Philly don't need Capela since they have a better player in Embiid. There will be a taker for Capela out there. It doesn't have to be the Kings. There will be a team in need of C that can get him. If you think you are only need to take on the contract of a player like Capela to get him, I am sorry but you are dreaming.

There has been a vocal bunch on the board 12 months ago that wanted us to offer Capela a max contract and the need is much greater now that it was 12 months ago.

Capela won't be just given away. You can bookmark it.
This aged well. Woj now reporting Rockets looking to trade Capela into space and hoping “for best 1st round pick possible”. So, they’ll settle for 2nds and they can send their own pick to Philly...or not get Jimmy Butler. Morey’s BS trade demands are infamous around the league and he’s constantly juicing journos like Woj, Simmons, and Lowe. Don’t believe the hype on what they’ll actually get for Capela.

Last edited:
This aged well. Woj now reporting Rockets looking to trade Capela into space and hoping “for best 1st round pick possible”. So, they’ll settle for 2nds and they can send their own pick to Philly...or not get Jimmy Butler. Morey’s BS trade demands are infamous around the league and he’s constantly juicing journos like Woj, Simmons, and Lowe. Don’t believe the hype on what they’ll actually get for Capela.
They won't settle for 2nds. They will get a 1st round pick (possibly a late one from someone). 2nd picks don't hold anywhere near the value that 1st do.

Plus, Woj's tweet references not just Capela but also Gordon and Tucker. If someone gets Capela for 2nds they got away with a robbery.

Just on Capela, this is is contract which is very reasonable for a double/double player who would fit the style pretty darn well. He is pretty much everything we wanted WCS to be.

$16,896,552
$18,000,000
$19,103,448
$20,206,896

That is a a very reasonable contract. If MLE is around $9-10m, you are paying just a little over 1.5 MLEs for a double double big man that defends.

My only concern is that he is yet to play a full season and seems to miss a chunk of games every season.

If we can do this for the lottery protected 1st for the next few seasons, I am all for it.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I am yet to hear one great player or anyone outside of the Sac fandom agree with you. Not one.
He showed no flashes of greatness. That term is used grossly. What is your definition of greatness? He did a few nice things. Some Sac fans tend to overvalue their own players. Your sentiment is certainly not shared by anyone outside of Sac. But, hey, keep on dreaming. I see role player. You see an All Star. Keep on wearing those purple colored glasses. I bet my mortgage, he ends up no more than a role player in this league.
What about his game screams obvious role-player to you? Is it the elite court vision? The post moves? The smooth stroke? The CWebb-esq hands? The competitiveness? The fire and drive? The constant improvement with more court time? The very quick learning?

If his knees hold up, he’ll be much greater than a role player. No doubt in my mind. Infinite upside.

Yeah, Buddy is right up there with the other three. I’ll need one more season of what he did last year to be fully convinced. I’m kind of scared he’s going to fall backwards a little this season.
I am yet to hear one great player or anyone outside of the Sac fandom agree with you. Not one.
Firstly, you should get out and talk to more people. It’s clear you live in your own little box or in a van down by the river.

Secondly, who cares what you haven’t heard someone else agree to? I mean, really, just because Selecao hasn’t heard or read it elsewhere means it can’t be true? Shake yourself.

How many pundits did you hear or read predict the Raptors to win the title this season, before the season began? I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess not many. Spoiler alert: it just happened!

Giles may or may not develop into the player many thought he could become. Who knows. But if it never happens it won’t be because Selecao didn’t find someone he/she approved of to agree that it could happen.

Whether you agree or not, there are a lot of people that believe in HGIII’s talent and potential. It ain’t just @SLAB

What about his game screams obvious role-player to you? Is it the elite court vision? The post moves? The smooth stroke? The CWebb-esq hands? The competitiveness? The fire and drive? The constant improvement with more court time? The very quick learning?

If his knees hold up, he’ll be much greater than a role player. No doubt in my mind. Infinite upside.
I was thinking the Harry train would've died down by now.. it's so unfair to put unnecessary amounts of pressure on him. To answer your question, I don't see the post moves nor the smooth stroke. His range is pretty limited.
shotchart(2).png

This is the same way Toronto fans thought about OG Anunoby. He was their "untouchable" who was going to be the next Kawhi. Guess what? They won a championship with OG playing 0 minutes total in the playoffs. This is the classic case of a fanbase overrating their young player. Fox or Bagley? I get it. They put up the numbers. They did more than just flash potential every 5 games. Harry? There wasn't enough there in his rookie year for me to declare him on the level of our core guys.

If we can trade 2nd year player who averaged 7pts 3.8rebs 1.5asts 0.5stls 0.4blks on 50.3% FG for a 25 year old who averaged 16.6pts 12.7rebs 1.4asts 1.5blks 0.7stls on 64.8% FG, then I'm driving Harry to the airport myself.

In reality, Giles doesn't have this kind of value. He would just be 1 piece in a bigger puzzle.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
^^^ He shot 73% from three in his g-league stint. Just a fluke?

Obviously not that good, but the touch is there. He wasn’t allowed to show it by our esteemed former coach.

I was thinking the Harry train would've died down by now.. it's so unfair to put unnecessary amounts of pressure on him. To answer your question, I don't see the post moves nor the smooth stroke. His range is pretty limited.
View attachment 9226

This is the same way Toronto fans thought about OG Anunoby. He was their "untouchable" who was going to be the next Kawhi. Guess what? They won a championship with OG playing 0 minutes total in the playoffs. This is the classic case of a fanbase overrating their young player. Fox or Bagley? I get it. They put up the numbers. They did more than just flash potential every 5 games. Harry? There wasn't enough there in his rookie year for me to declare him on the level of our core guys.

If we can trade 2nd year player who averaged 7pts 3.8rebs 1.5asts 0.5stls 0.4blks on 50.3% FG for a 25 year old who averaged 16.6pts 12.7rebs 1.4asts 1.5blks 0.7stls on 64.8% FG, then I'm driving Harry to the airport myself.

In reality, Giles doesn't have this kind of value. He would just be 1 piece in a bigger puzzle.
Harry Train isn’t dying down - it’s just finna leave the station

Firstly, you should get out and talk to more people. It’s clear you live in your own little box or in a van down by the river.

Secondly, who cares what you haven’t heard someone else agree to? I mean, really, just because Selecao hasn’t heard or read it elsewhere means it can’t be true? Shake yourself.

How many pundits did you hear or read predict the Raptors to win the title this season, before the season began? I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess not many. Spoiler alert: it just happened!

Giles may or may not develop into the player many thought he could become. Who knows. But if it never happens it won’t be because Selecao didn’t find someone he/she approved of to agree that it could happen.

Whether you agree or not, there are a lot of people that believe in HGIII’s talent and potential. It ain’t just @SLAB
Maybe that's why he's betting his mortgage

Just on Capela, this is is contract which is very reasonable for a double/double player who would fit the style pretty darn well. He is pretty much everything we wanted WCS to be.

$16,896,552
$18,000,000
$19,103,448
$20,206,896

That is a a very reasonable contract. If MLE is around $9-10m, you are paying just a little over 1.5 MLEs for a double double big man that defends.

My only concern is that he is yet to play a full season and seems to miss a chunk of games every season.

If we can do this for the lottery protected 1st for the next few seasons, I am all for it.
In terms of fit, I’d prefer one of the guys that is a little more diverse offensively, especially with 3-point range. But Capela’s contract is much more reasonable than what it would likely take to land a Horford or Vucevic, and for whatever reason we’re not getting any Lopez buzz (even though a report today pegged him at $10-13 million per year).

In terms of fit, I’d prefer one of the guys that is a little more diverse offensively, especially with 3-point range. But Capela’s contract is much more reasonable than what it would likely take to land a Horford or Vucevic, and for whatever reason we’re not getting any Lopez buzz (even though a report today pegged him at $10-13 million per year).
Probably because everyone expects him to sign with the Bucks given that they have cleared enough room for contract starting at around $15m.

I think you will find that no matter who we get at C, Bagley will be encouraged to shoot more 3s next year so I expect his number to really go up.

The Capela/Bagley fit is no worse than WCS/Bagley fit. Its probably better in a sense that defensively, Capela will protect the rim better than WCS which in turn takes pressure off Marvin to do so.

There is not a player out there who is an ideal fit next to Bagley so really out of the 3 things you want (shooting, rebounding defense), no matter who you get, they will give you 2 out of the 3. I guess the question then becomes what is the order of the most valued attribute to the least valued attribute on that list so you start narrowing down to player who provide the top 2.

Some will value shooting more than rebounding and defence. I personally think that those two were our biggest efficiencies from the C position last year.

The reason Adams/Capela are being moved is because teams realised they are not worth the contract they currently have unless its a expiring deal or maybe this upcoming and season after that left I have zero interest in overpaid players with really limited skill sets and did little to help their teams in the playoffs.

The reason Adams/Capela are being moved is because teams realised they are not worth the contract they currently have unless its a expiring deal or maybe this upcoming and season after that left I have zero interest in overpaid players with really limited skill sets and did little to help their teams in the playoffs.
I like both players, but there’s some truth in what you’re saying.

Probably because everyone expects him to sign with the Bucks given that they have cleared enough room for contract starting at around $15m.

I think you will find that no matter who we get at C, Bagley will be encouraged to shoot more 3s next year so I expect his number to really go up.

The Capela/Bagley fit is no worse than WCS/Bagley fit. Its probably better in a sense that defensively, Capela will protect the rim better than WCS which in turn takes pressure off Marvin to do so.

There is not a player out there who is an ideal fit next to Bagley so really out of the 3 things you want (shooting, rebounding defense), no matter who you get, they will give you 2 out of the 3. I guess the question then becomes what is the order of the most valued attribute to the least valued attribute on that list so you start narrowing down to player who provide the top 2.

Some will value shooting more than rebounding and defence. I personally think that those two were our biggest efficiencies from the C position last year.
I think we’re largely on the same page, but a couple points:

Regarding WCS/Bagley, I agree that Capela/Bagley is probably a better fit. But WCS/Bagley wasn’t the primary driver of our success—it was the lineup with WCS/Bjelica. So, we’re moving Bagley in to the starting lineup. Does he replace WCS’s rim running or Bjelica’s shooting? I’d say he’s already a good rim runner, so on offense I’d be more comfortable pairing him with a shooter to emulate the successful WCS/Bjelica dynamic from last year.

On defense? Neither Bjelica or WCS protected the rim or defended much, so I’d say Bagley can help on either front there. Given his proficiency on the boards in college (and rebounds usually translate well from college to the pros) I trust Bagley to improve our rebounding woes. So, conceding there’s no one who can help on all three of shooting, rim protection, and rebounding- I trust that Bagley can cover the rebounding, and look for someone who can supply the shooting and rim protection. That’s why I’m so pro-Lopez.

I’m mostly concerned with defense, because I agree with Parni that Bagley’s going to be more multi-dimensional this year on offense, irrespective of his frontcourt mate. Between Adams and Capela, which player can more ably captain/run the defense? That’s the player I want.

View attachment 9226

Rewind 12 months ago and similar things were said about Fox. Giles has shown real flashes which for a rookie big man that has missed 2-3 years of development is a pretty big thing. FO seem to have all the belief in Giles and at the end of the day, that is all that matters.

Dave, the lotto changed. Stop saying top 3 protected first. Top 4 now buddy.

Also that poll about giving up a first for Capela, or a combination with the Rockets. Lots of us question Capela's fit with Bagley offensively and there are other options out there.

Dedmon and Lopez would fit better offensively and are going to be cheaper than Capela. Both of them capable team defenders.

Or if you bet the farm on Vucevic, offensively he's a better fit too.

It's not fear of giving up a pick necessarily. It's being aware of other options on the table.

View attachment 9226

I'm not going to pretend like Giles was real efficient last year but the majority of red on that chart is attributed to a total of 6 shots.

Dave said that he would trade 21' 1st for Capela even if he knew that pick was #3 on that draft. Thats horribly overrating his talent, horribly underrating the value of #3 pick and completely disregarding the non ideal fit with Bagley.
As usual, I agree with you completely

Dave, the lotto changed. Stop saying top 3 protected first. Top 4 now buddy.

Also that poll about giving up a first for Capela, or a combination with the Rockets. Lots of us question Capela's fit with Bagley offensively and there are other options out there.

Dedmon and Lopez would fit better offensively and are going to be cheaper than Capela. Both of them capable team defenders.

Or if you bet the farm on Vucevic, offensively he's a better fit too.

It's not fear of giving up a pick necessarily. It's being aware of other options on the table.

Top 3 Top 4 whatevs

The only issue i have is Capela can’t stretch the floor, but as Bagley works on his outside game this will be less of an issue

I don’t get how we know Dedmon would be a better fit offensively, we also don’t know Lopez is an option. Everything I hear is he’s either staying put or going to LA. He’s also older.

Vucevic would be fine, but he wants a max deal, and the Kings arent doing that. Also remember his numbers are slightly inflated due to playing the bulk of his minutes in the EC. He’s not a WC option.

To pick up a 25 year old who goes 16/12/1.5 blocks for a draft pick (also lets hope that pick isn’t that great in two years) is a great opportunity. To me, Capela is everything WCS could’ve been but isn’t, and in two years if Harry develops like the Kings hope he does, Capela will be 27 and very movable.