Clint Capela may be available

I've always thought that the consistency complaints about WCS are way overstated on this forum, but that is a minority view.

He is a much better player than given credit for on the board. I think it’s time for the franchise and WCS to move on and I think he will do well at his next stop if he can find the right fit.

He is a much better player than given credit for on the board. I think it’s time for the franchise and WCS to move on and I think he will do well at his next stop if he can find the right fit.
The question is who will we get that is better, or that will fill the needs we have without losing on what WCS brought to the team.

So, with the rockets rumored interest in Butler and the need to offload salary to a third team I figured I should bump this.

If you can basically get capella for free or even get a pick too you have to do it right? Guy is basically exactly what everyone was hoping Willie would turn out to be. Situation seems somewhat similar to the Steven Adams thing and we were rumored to have interest there.

Thoughts?

Yep TTown.
If Houston is "so aggressive" after Butler, that would include calling us, right?

Capela is locked in for four years at a good salary. He's kinda like Willie, if willie was any good.

So if it’s a sign n trade rockets would send out Capela and Gordon to match butler salary as a third team if we absorb Clint salary would we have to give an asset to philly? Like what?

I would like Capela. As has been said, he is everything we wanted Willie to be. Right age profile, solid contract. I would be up for it but it depends on the cost of course

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
So if it’s a sign n trade rockets would send out Capela and Gordon to match butler salary as a third team if we absorb Clint salary would we have to give an asset to philly? Like what?
It would probably end up being either Bogi or Harry Giles or both

We could just absorb Capela into space—no reason to send anything out on our end of the deal. If Houston needs to add picks to sweeten the deal for Philly, then that’s their business. We would be doing both teams a favor.

We could just absorb Capela into space—no reason to send anything out on our end of the deal. If Houston needs to add picks to sweeten the deal for Philly, then that’s their business. We would be doing both teams a favor.
It never works that way. You are not getting that calibre of player for free. Not going to happen. You either have to give up picks and.or young players.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
It would probably end up being either Bogi or Harry Giles or both
Harry Giles better be right up there with Bagley and Fox as the only true untouchables on this team.

Seriously, if I see his name even pop up in a rumor or heaven forbid actually get traded I’m going to go on another DMC-like post trade sabbatical.

Giles untouchable? The guy hasn’t done anything to put him in the same light as Fox or Bagley. No disrespect. But, Giles won’t be anymore than a role player in this league. The other 2 have All Star potential. When Giles starts affecting,
Impacting and winning games like the aforementioned, get back to me.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Giles untouchable? The guy hasn’t done anything to put him in the same light as Fox or Bagley. No disrespect. But, Giles won’t be anymore than a role player in this league. The other 2 have All Star potential. When Giles starts affecting,
with a player like Giles, you have to be patient and keep working with him because he really has all the tools to be part of the core moving forward and if you trade him too soon, he can have that one turn around season no one say coming along the lines of a Siakam or CJ McCollum and you are left hitting yourself in the head over it.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Giles’ upside is right there with those two. There’s a reason he was a mega-elite high school prospect and he showed flashes of it last season. All the talent in the world if his knees hold together.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I agree with those who say no Giles.

Fox Bagley Buddy Bogi Giles = the core to me

I don’t know advance stats but I know Bagley & Giles = joyful to watch and I don’t want to break them up
Yeah, Buddy is right up there with the other three. I’ll need one more season of what he did last year to be fully convinced. I’m kind of scared he’s going to fall backwards a little this season.

Yeah, Buddy is right up there with the other three. I’ll need one more season of what he did last year to be fully convinced. I’m kind of scared he’s going to fall backwards a little this season.
Nah he’s as good a shooter as Peja and more motor. Too bad he isn’t a couple years younger :)

I don't love the fit, but the Kings can afford to be opportunists here. If they're ready to move on from WCS (and, at this point, perhaps they should be), they could do a lot worse than adding Clint Capela to the roster via trade, particularly at Capela's age and price tag, and especially if they don't have to give up any core pieces to get him. He's only 25, and locked in for four years on a reasonable deal.

If the fit is awkward, then the Kings have a worthy trade asset to use in the future. As close as the Kings may be to playoff contention, they should still be in asset collection mode. We don't yet know where the Kings' young talent will eventually plateau. They absolutely need to find sneaky or cost-effective ways to add additional talent, because the West is only getting more treacherous. I anticipate that it will actually be tougher to snag an 8th seed next season than it already was this last season.

With the Warriors suddenly vulnerable, Houston (and a lot of other teams around the NBA) are going to be desperate to make a push to get into the Finals next season. The Kings' front office should be poised to take advantage of that desperation. They've got tons of cap space, and they can use that to their advantage on the trade block, since they don't have to send back equal salary. Capela's a good target, I think.

Adrian Wojnarowski: Reporting w/ @ZachLowe: Houston’s offering Clint Capela, Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker individually to teams w/ space to absorb salary. Rockets trying for best available first-rounder for any of those three, hoping to redirect pick to Philly in pursuit of Jimmy Butler sign-and-trade.

– via Twitter wojespn

So 2 2nd rd picks for either Clint or Tucker

Not sure I would give up a 1st
A future lottery protected first that becomes a second after a few years maybe?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Reporting w/ @ZachLowe: Houston’s offering Clint Capela, Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker individually to teams w/ space to absorb salary. Rockets trying for best available first-rounder for any of those three, hoping to redirect pick to Philly in pursuit of Jimmy Butler sign-and-trade.

– via Twitter wojespn

So 2 2nd rd picks for either Clint or Tucker

Not sure I would give up a 1st
I’m sorry, but the Kings have to at least try. They’d be idiots not to call here

The Kings better try and nab Tucker. They can keep Capela. You saw what happened to him with Harden and Paul, imagine the strain it would put on Fox inside. A first rounder ain't going going to happen unless it's protected but if the Kings make the playoffs that's a pick well spent.

Giles’ upside is right there with those two. There’s a reason he was a mega-elite high school prospect and he showed flashes of it last season. All the talent in the world if his knees hold together.

I am yet to hear one great player or anyone outside of the Sac fandom agree with you. Not one.
He showed no flashes of greatness. That term is used grossly. What is your definition of greatness? He did a few nice things. Some Sac fans tend to overvalue their own players. Your sentiment is certainly not shared by anyone outside of Sac. But, hey, keep on dreaming. I see role player. You see an All Star. Keep on wearing those purple colored glasses. I bet my mortgage, he ends up no more than a role player in this league.

I agree with those who say no Giles.

Fox Bagley Buddy Bogi Giles = the core to me

I don’t know advance stats but I know Bagley & Giles = joyful to watch and I don’t want to break them up

Only Core is Buddy, BAgley, and Fox.

Bogi is one more bad season away from being mediocre. Giles is still an unknown. Kings are definitely going to find a long term solution for the front court. It's not Giles.

The King of Negativity has spoken!

People if you are into betting, place a bet on Harry Giles becoming an all-star. This post is as clear indication as any.