Clint Capela may be available

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
The problem for Houston is everyone saw what happened with Capela once they had to match the potency of the Warriors. This is a huge money player whose team would have been better by sitting him. This is again the question of the value of the old school shotblocker type that can't shoot and won't pound it down low. Once teams take the lob away he's toast.

Bagley will soon the THE spacer so I'm not worried about it.

The problem is Bagley would be best with the middle opened up because he looks like his triple threat driving ability is what will set him apart. Having a guard like Fox and a big like Capela is no question going to squash the paint for him and the team in general. Joerger showed us all last year that a stuffed paint will do nothing but work against you because teams will just load it up on you.

The problem is Bagley would be best with the middle opened up because he looks like his triple threat driving ability is what will set him apart. Having a guard like Fox and a big like Capela is no question going to squash the paint for him and the team in general. Joerger showed us all last year that a stuffed paint will do nothing but work against you because teams will just load it up on you.
No I get it, but what if fox and bags develop into good 3pt shooters?

For team fit think Lopez or Dedmon would be a better choice.

If you want to bet the house Vucevic would be a better fit I believe too.
Opportunity cost is a real thing with Vuc though as he's going to take a max contract to sign while Capela is on a super team friendly deal for literally half the price. Also while I like Lopez and Dedmon, Capela is just flat out a better player and a completely different tier than those guys.

Capela is awesome, been beating this drum for years now. He gets exposed against the Warriors, but so does everyone else so its hard to hold that against him. I'd still like to see the Warriors run the death LU at 2 bigs they have to account for on the offensive end, clean the glass and at least somewhat hedge out on the perimeter. Everyone just tries to match up with them, which ends in them running teams over because they're the best at what they do.

Depends on the trade cost, but if something like WCS+2 2nds gets it done, I'm making that deal all day everyday.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The problem with Capela is that he's a one trick pony. He's really good at what he does, but what he does isn't the perfect fit for our team. We need someone that can move away from the basket and score. As mentioned, Vucevic is the perfect guy, but expensive. That leaves the next tier of players like Lopez or Dedmon.

Or, we move Bagley to center and sign Harris.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I think these Rockets players being available is telling us plenty. Capela does not fit with the current mold of big men being able to spread the floor. Capela has been spoon fed bucket after bucket courtesy of Harden, if he didn't have that, he wouldn't be this paid. That said, the Kings could use a player like Tucker for some tough nosed defense.

Capela is like willie if willie ever grabbed a rebound, or boxed out, or knew his place in an offense.

Yes all day! Depends on what Houston wants but Capela is what everyone wished willie would have been.
Completely disagree. A big reason why the Rockets benched Capela down stretches in the playoffs was because he couldn't guard anyone on the perimeter. They're completely different players.

Capela has one bad series and all the sudden he's an outdated dinosaur of a player. He still played 29MPG in the Warriors series. Faried is the one who was relegated to like 2min the entire series.

If the Kings land Capela without giving up one of their top players, they're in the playoffs. Are they beating the Warriors? Of course not but they weren't going to beat the Warriors with Lopez, Dedmon, WCS, Bagley or Giles at the 5 either.

I just want to see this team get to the playoffs. We can worry about matching up against one of the best teams of all time later on.

Capela is everything we wanted Willie to becomes.

I am starting to think that with Bagley and Giles on the roster and the team being heavily invested in them, it might be more beneficial for us to go after a high level stretch 4 (e.g. Harris) or a high level 2 way SF (would love Leonard but we all know that ain't happening) and play Bagley and Giles at 5 and 4 at times and bring a back up C who can match up with the big boys of the NBA while these two develop further.

In ideal world, Harris, Marjanovic (who would want to separate these two) and Beverly would make the off-season a slam dunk for the Kings. It would just be a much better fit on the short and long run.

Bagley is too small to play center defensively. In addition, even if he becomes a respectable 3 pt shooter he should not be used as a floor spacer standing in the corner. To maximize Bagleys talent, he needs to be paired with a defensive center that can space the floor. That way he can defend PFs and play inside on offense where he already excels.

I am always wary of centers who get spoon fed buckets by high usage players. I like Capela but he’s not what we need at this moment. I will credit him for improving significantly though, he’s the only Rocket player I actually like.

I do agree about Bagley being too small for the center position. He’s a PF that can swing to C at times with certain matchups but he can’t guard the center position full time. We need a C that can do a little bit of everything. He has to be able to at least shoot mid range shots effectively and preferably a good rebounder as well. Tired of WCS getting out rebounded 23-4.

Really? Let's see WCS is sitting home painting on April 10 and Capela is going to the playoffs. WCS has not helped the Kings win Jack and that's why he won't be back in 19-20. Count on that.
WCS on any other team in the league is nothing more than a 15-20 min player.

Let me be clear. Not interested in Capela, at all. Kings need a killer: Butler, Tobias, Klay.

West will be harder next year, not easier. I see both Dallas and the Lakers getting back in the mix for playoffs after Free Agency.

Really? Let's see WCS is sitting home painting on April 10 and Capela is going to the playoffs. WCS has not helped the Kings win Jack and that's why he won't be back in 19-20. Count on that.
WCS on any other team in the league is nothing more than a 15-20 min player.
If WCS & Capella switched places this season, Houston still would have ended their season by losing to GS in the playoffs & the Kings would've still been watching at home.

Kings need a killer: Butler, Tobias, Klay.

West will be harder next year, not easier. I see both Dallas and the Lakers getting back in the mix for playoffs after Free Agency.
I think the Kings need to continue to develop our nucleus and not get too carried away with making the playoffs next year. Butler will probably sign with an LA team and both Klay and Harris will sign with their current teams. I just don't see a big move the Kings can realistically make. I'd say continue to develop and add really solid role players to compliment our core.

Completely disagree. A big reason why the Rockets benched Capela down stretches in the playoffs was because he couldn't guard anyone on the perimeter. They're completely different players.
WLS= Willie Lazy-stein

Career Stats:
MPG Clint 25 WLS 24
PPG Clint 12 WLS 10
FG Clint 63.5 WLS 53.4
Reb Clint 9.2 WLS 6.4
Blk Clint 1.4 WLS 0.8
Ast Clint 0.9 WLS 1.6

Maybe what we ACTUALLY NEED is someone that knows their place in an offense, doesn't jack up 15 ft jumpshots that airball all the time. Someone that actually grabs a rebound and block shots. Perimeter defense?

You keep believing in someone that doesn't even wait til the quarter or the half is over to start walking off the court because I don't believe in him anymore. Willie is gone, why talk about some guy that we used to know? Because arguing is fun? If you think Lazy-stein is better your unbelieveably crazy. Clint does what bigs are supposed to do, know their place in an offense, rebound, block shots.

I watched this season as a parade of bigs got career highs in rebounds, 20+ again and again. I watched bigs like Steven Adams and Montrell Harell look like superstars. This team needs a big that can box out, that can rebound, that doesn't walk of the court, that doesn't have 0 rebound nights, that doesn't let other centers get 20+ boards.

Last edited: