[CLE/DET] Eastern Conference Finals discussion

Who will win the Eastern Conference Title?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Kind of puts those two near losses at home by Detroit in a new light all of a sudden. They could easily be facing elimination right now. Hell, they could already BE eliminated. And goes without saying they have to do a better job at defending homecourt in Game 5 then to leave the Cavs with another game winning shot at the end to take control of the series.

Its odd, because this feels a lot like what happened to them last year. Cruising along in the playoffs, abruptly lose their focus/momentum in the second round, and all of a sudden flounder themselves right into trouble.

Last edited:
Eh, we still have the homecourt advantage.

I was OK with our level of play tonight. If Gooden keeps draining 20-footers like he's Karl Malone, we're in trouble. But there's no way Gibson and GOoden score like that again.

LeBron's running out of teammates to have career nights.

I noticed that one member who is usually very vocal in Pistons threads is a little quiet tonight... looking for the switch ?
Quite, quite possible :D

Go Cavs!

-edit-

Oh, here he is :) Don't worry, there are still career nights due for Hughes, Splasha, Jones, Marshall and ... Snow :eek:

Last edited:
Its odd, because this feels a lot like what happened to them last year. Cruising along in the playoffs, abruptly lose their focus/momentum in the second round, and all of a sudden flounder themselves right into trouble.
Problem with Pistons as I can see it isn't with them losing momentum at wrong time. It's never even having it in the first place. They feel so darn special and awesome that they don't even need to put any effort in their playoff games. And that works while they're playing crap teams. Yet when they run into something more serious, they can't rev it up again and Bad Things Happen.

See, this is an outlook that I abhor. People have been criticizing Suns for their sense of entitlement, but as I see it, Phoenix has a long way to go through Detroit Entitlement Academy to reach this kind of level.

Last edited:
Problem with Pistons as I can see it isn't with them losing momentum at wrong time. It's never even having it in the first place. They feel so darn special and awesome that they don't even need to put any effort in their playoff games. And that works while they're playing crap teams. Yet when they run into something more serious, they can't rev it up again and Bad Things Happen.

See, this is an outlook that I abhor. People have been criticizing Suns for their sense of entitlement, but as I see it, Phoenix has a long way to go through Detroit Entitlement Academy to reach this kind of level.
This is a very good point...and the reason I've despised the Pistons over the last couple of years. And the only guys who I see as truly giving it their all on a nightly basis are Webb and Dyess, who through age, injury, and lack of playing time don't have a consistent impact.

I'd add Prince to the list of players who play really hard every night. Unfortunately for him, when you play against LeBron it doesn't look like you're doing much... Rip Hamilton also works really hard on both parts on the floor. I'd say that the only players who seem to chill from time to time are Rasheed and Chauncey and definitely Delfino.

...so could the Cavs possibly get any MORE help?

BTW, I'll be OK with Dice losing a game when LeBron and Gooden each serve a suspension for what they did.

Until then, that was simply a Piston getting screwed over for excessively fouling a teammate of LeBron James.

...so could the Cavs possibly get any MORE help?

BTW, I'll be OK with Dice losing a game when LeBron and Gooden each serve a suspension for what they did.
NOT going to happen.

I REALLY want Webb to get a ring this year, so I hope the Pistons have a good fourth quater!!

Wow. Detroit needs to win this in OT & get this series back on track.

I think it would be tough to lose this in OT & come back and win the next two.

GO DETROIT!! :)

Put Webb back in! ;)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Yep. Right on cue. ;)

Same thing happened when I called Dirk out in the final minutes of Game 5 vs. the Warriors. He suddenly responded with his best little burst of the series. Teams should hire me to inspire their superstars via public dissing them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.