Buddy Hield

So ready for 34 MPG of Buddy Hield. Think we low-key have a dominant score just waiting to be used.
And just think, two years ago many of us scoffed (myself included) at him being the centerpiece of the deal we made for our franchise player. Buddy’s trajectory so far has been perfect for where he’s at in his career, is he ready to take that next step? There was an article the other day on STR I believe it was where they predicted Buddy to be a 20 point scorer next season. I will say this, while that sounds optimistic and borderline homerish, if I had to put money on just ONE player from this roster being a 20 ppg scorer next year I’m putting all my money on Buddy and going home to sleep like a baby.

And just think, two years ago many of us scoffed (myself included) at him being the centerpiece of the deal we made for our franchise player. Buddy’s trajectory so far has been perfect for where he’s at in his career, is he ready to take that next step? There was an article the other day on STR I believe it was where they predicted Buddy to be a 20 point scorer next season. I will say this, while that sounds optimistic and borderline homerish, if I had to put money on just ONE player from this roster being a 20 ppg scorer next year I’m putting all my money on Buddy and going home to sleep like a baby.
Can you link the article

bajaden

Hall of Famer
There are some that are still hesitant to believe in Buddy Hield. I get it, it's hard to be optimistic about any one player right now, but the Kings can get lucky just as easily as other teams can. And I think they got lucky with Buddy. Or, they're better judges of talent than we give them credit for. I think this will be a big year for Buddy, who is a gym rat, and who constantly works to improve on his weaknesses. Here's a video of a recent workout of sorts with Buddy in a five on five scrimage. If you pay close attention, Buddy is playing the point at times, and doing a very good job. He also puts on quite a shooting display..

Him refining his pick and roll game last year is what gives me the hope that he can be something truly special. He went from borderline terrible to solid in the span of a few months. It's about finding a rhythm with him and I hope the coaching staff makes it a priority to get him in there early.

Him refining his pick and roll game last year is what gives me the hope that he can be something truly special. He went from borderline terrible to solid in the span of a few months. It's about finding a rhythm with him and I hope the coaching staff makes it a priority to get him in there early.
Bogdan was the one he pointed to after hitting the roller for a dunk..

There are some that are still hesitant to believe in Buddy Hield. I get it, it's hard to be optimistic about any one player right now, but the Kings can get lucky just as easily as other teams can. And I think they got lucky with Buddy. Or, they're better judges of talent than we give them credit for. I think this will be a big year for Buddy, who is a gym rat, and who constantly works to improve on his weaknesses. Here's a video of a recent workout of sorts with Buddy in a five on five scrimage. If you pay close attention, Buddy is playing the point at times, and doing a very good job. He also puts on quite a shooting display..

Who is the light skinned dude that Hield throws the ball off the backboard to a little after 4:00? That kid looks like he can ball and has a crazy vertical.

Looking a little like Harden-lite

Lots of Buddy in this video. He doesn't have to convince anyone here that he can shoot but he shows better handles in this video and seems to play some pretty solid 1 on 1 defense when the ball handler tries to take him off the dribble. Looks like he plays a decent amount of point guard out there and there are some big names he's playing against.

Bunch of people commenting on Hield down in the comments section as well.

And many still thinking his career goal is leading the bench in Sacramento..
will be hard to keep him there in a league that is obsessed with outside shooting.

moving bog to the 3 and hield into our backcourt will happen at some point unless we are hell bent on making Hield our 6th man long term

That lineup works fa every team except Durant, Kawhi, Butler, and Lebron. Every other team I think Bogdan would be able to handle there SF fairly well
Both Bogie and Bjelly at least hold their own against KD. Bjelly proved he can slow down regular season Le Bron. I think you can use Bjelly on his former teammate.

IMO, the coach should try Bogie & Buddy back court with Fox & Yogi from the bench. SF should be competition between Bjelly, Shump and JJ. That way Fox can be the man for the second unit. It seems to worked well for Buddy.

Last edited:
Both Bogie and Bjelly at least hold their own against KD. Bjelly proved he can slow down regular season Le Bron. I think you can use Bjelly on his former teammate.

IMO, the coach should try Bogie & Buddy back court with Fox & Yogi from the bench. SF should be competition between Bjelly, Shump and JJ. That way Fox can be the man for the second unit. It seems to worked well for Buddy.
Same issue with benching an important player to play a field of ostensibly less talented. I’m looking forward to Fox/Buddy/Bogdan for awhile. Bogdan’s athleticism might serve him at three defensively, I don’t see him chasing PGs

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...take-over-their-franchises?share=other#slide3

Buddy named in a article for players ready to break out. Mentions how he needs more playing time but man he’s in elite territory as a shooter. Also the 2nd half showed his potential to be more than a shootee
I think one big measure we need to judge Joerger on is how much PT Buddy gets and how many 3ptA hes getting a game.

Buddy should be no less than 6 3pta and 32 MPG as a starter. Anything less is a failure to scheme our best offensive player the minutes and shots he needs

I think one big measure we need to judge Joerger on is how much PT Buddy gets and how many 3ptA hes getting a game.

Buddy should be no less than 6 3pta and 32 MPG as a starter. Anything less is a failure to scheme our best offensive player the minutes and shots he needs
Bogdan needs to be launching 3s at that pace as well and Giles needs to be putting them up too

dude12

Hall of Famer

Debatable if Hield will be our best offensive player if Fox elevates his game and I consider Bogi in the mix as well but gauging Joerger on how he uses Hield and if Hield gets 32 minutes and elevated 3 attempts seems to simple.

I went and looked up some guys such as Lou Williams and Ginobili....could look up many but Lou Williams for his career routinely didn’t start and got about 24-28 minutes a game for most of his career and he filled it up scoring average wise.

I think much might depend on if Bogi plays the 3 a lot or in certain lineups. I kind of like the idea of Yogi and Buddy off the bench in a high powered bench backcourt and filling it up in the second unit.