Buddy Hield

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The day of "the trade" I hated Buddy Hield. Well, I'll be honest. I hated everything, including Vlade. But slowly but surely I came to accept two facts:

1. DeMarcus Cousins and the Kings needed to part company.
2. Buddy Hield was way better than I had given him credit for.

Now Buddy Buckets is one of my favorite players. He has all the traits I look for: heart, hustle, energy, enthusiasm. It's obvious he loves the game. It's also obvious that he is a true team player. You never see him frown or complain, you never see him pouting. He does his job and he's a key part of our team going forward.

I'll have that crow sauteed in butter please.

Buddy, at minimum, is our perfect 6th man. However, I think he is better than that.

Often times I have crushed Vivek for crazy ideas and statements and I had to scratch my head whenever the reports came out that he wanted Vlade to get Buddy and even that he wanted to draft Buddy. However, I think if we're being fair to call out the crazy, we need to give credit when the man is correct.

Being able to get Buddy & Fox (enabled a tank season to keep the draft pick) for DeMarcus Cousins and another first-round pick (Justin Jackson maybe? I cannot remember who that pick was) has turned out to be a steal.

Buddy is my favorite King right now. He can shoot the lights out and gives effort on the defensive end. I don't mean to derail the thread but can someone explain why Vlade went after Lavine? There's a minute crunch as it is for the guards.

....Being able to get Buddy & Fox (enabled a tank season to keep the draft pick) for DeMarcus Cousins and another first-round pick (Justin Jackson maybe? I cannot remember who that pick was) has turned out to be a steal.
the first round pick we got in that trade was traded back and became Justin Jackson and Harry Giles. the second round pick we got in that trade became Frank Mason.

Buddy is coming along nicely. We knew he was an NBA shooter in his rookie year. But in his sophmore year he showed us that he is developing an all-around game. I don't see why we can't find all the minutes we need for our top three backcourt players (Fox, Bogie & Buddy). When the three of them can play together, that's great. When they can't, there's still 96 minutes of regulation time to split between them.

Being able to get Buddy & Fox (enabled a tank season to keep the draft pick) for DeMarcus Cousins and another first-round pick (Justin Jackson maybe? I cannot remember who that pick was) has turned out to be a steal.
Fox had nothing to do with that trade. If we wanted to keep the pick, we could've just shut down Boogie and keep losing like we did.

Wow. I like Hield, but i didnt realize there was this much love for him! Im actually at a loss for what to do with him going forward because I prefer Bogdon's play and I know we have to have Fox on the floor. I really see him as a 6th man gunner, at least on this team, because I feel the Fox and Bogdon are a very strong backcourt.
I think whether or not Hield starts should depend on the development of Justin Jackson. We were 26th in the league in 3pm last year because no one could make a shot consistently outside of Bogie and Hield. Jackson showed a lot of encouragement in summer league, but it is unknown how much of that translates over to the regular season. If Jackson lays an egg this year then I think we need to start Hield and try Bogie at the 3. It may lead to some mismatches, but if we want to play at a faster pace we need consistent shooters on the court to help spread the floor.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: This thread is not about Cousins and it's not going to become about Cousins. The posts in that vein have been moved to a New Thread in the Personnel Moves forum.

That lineup works fa every team except Durant, Kawhi, Butler, and Lebron. Every other team I think Bogdan would be able to handle there SF fairly well
The Dubs like to move KD to the 4 and play Iguodala at the 3 sometime during the game. Lebron will likely spend more time at the 4 with Ingram manning the 3.

I agree Bodgan can't guard Kawhi or Butler but I don't think anyone on this roster can. At the end of the day, Bodgan is not an ideal 3 but I think he can get away with playing there in today's NBA.