Bring back Boogie? (split from Grant/Boogie thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
This thread is ridiculous....he's not coming back. Why in the world would anybody think that would possibly be a good idea (for both him and us)?
He needs - A new home

We need - A stop gap as Harry Giles matures into the undisputed starting center

Match made in heaven. :p

SLAB

Hall of Famer
https://hoopshype.com/2019/06/26/demarcus-cousins-free-agency-rumors-kings-lakers-celtics-warriors/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5d137a9ce256f40001187b3f&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Well this article will make SLAB soooo happy as it suggests Kings as one of 4 destinations

I think Lakers or Boston Maybe
Kings - sorry SLAB will be unlikely (Vlade will go thru Vuc,Horford,Lopez,Dedmon before he even thinks of making Big Cuz an offer)
Warriors - no way cuz signs for so little money
I know it’s very unlikely, but just the chance has me giddy! Lol

I’d want Horford before him, but he’s my number 2. There’s no doubt Vuc is the better player, but I just want a stop-gap type until Giles is ready. Vuc wouldn’t be playing the stop-gap. I’d assume a Cuz contract will be short-length, decent money (~3/50 area?) and that’s perfect.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
https://hoopshype.com/2019/06/26/demarcus-cousins-free-agency-rumors-kings-lakers-celtics-warriors/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5d137a9ce256f40001187b3f&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Well this article will make SLAB soooo happy as it suggests Kings as one of 4 destinations

I think Lakers or Boston Maybe
Kings - sorry SLAB will be unlikely (Vlade will go thru Vuc,Horford,Lopez,Dedmon before he even thinks of making Big Cuz an offer)
Warriors - no way cuz signs for so little money
One thing to remember is that loyalty is incredibly important to Cousins. For that reason alone, Warriors just might not be out of the picture.

NBA rumors: DeMarcus Cousins open to Kings reunion, but team isn't
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kings/nba-rumors-demarcus-cousins-open-kings-reunion-team-isnt

With forward Harrison Barnes just about signed, sealed and delivered, the biggest item on the Sacramento Kings' free agent to-do list is a starting center. The names at the top of the list are Al Horford and Dewayne Dedmon, a league source has confirmed to NBC Sports California on Saturday.
But there's a blast-from-the-past that would like to be on the list.
The Athletic's Jason Jones reported on Saturday, through league sources, that free agent DeMarcus Cousins "would be open to the idea of a return" to Sacramento.

One big problem.

The Kings don't share the same sentiment as Cousins, Jones reported.

DLo is taking a meeting with the Lakers, and Pelinka was the guy who traded him, and they smeared DLo on the way out. Boogie is still an actual pillar of the community and beloved (if complicated) former King. Anything’s possible. All things considered, I’d have him below only Horford on the wish list—feels like Boogie is in a different phase post-injuries, and I think Luke would be a good coach for him. We really undersell how terrible all coaches sans Malone were at communicating during the Boogie era.

I don't for a second believe that Cousins would consider coming back. I don't believe Jones report at all.

I would take Boogie back in a heartbeat for the right price, I just don't think it's realistic.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
^^^. I actually do... I believe there’s “unfinished business” lingering in the back of DMC’s mind.

And I don’t hate the fit. We learned last season we can’t just run up and down the court all season long. Once the league figured how to gameplan us, it went downhill pretty quickly.

But as I’ve said... as much as I would love it to happen, I just don’t see it.

We have already tried a man/child as a team leader. No thanks.
Now his body is starting to crumple, making him an even worse risk.
Do you feel lucky?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: This thread was bumped from JUNE. Not sure why, but it's clearly no longer relevant. Closed to prevent further confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.