Breaking news...Adelman era over (merged)

I dont think that its a question of who will be 'better' as coach, but more of who is more of a complete fit for our new philosophy as a defensive minded team. I wonder who will be our Chuck Daly??

I'd love to see Vlade as an assistant/big man coach. I think he'd do a great job.

Carlesimo is a screamer, which is absolutely NOT going to work with Ron Artest.

piksi

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
I love Vlade. Bringing him in as a coach, however, would be the furthest thing from my mind. I simply cannot see him bringing discipline and focus on defense into the mix...
It would be fun thoiugh.

Would love to see Vlade complaining about a "flop," or yelling at a player - "that is not how it is done - let me show You"

Circa_1985_Fan said:
I dont think that its a question of who will be 'better' as coach, but more of who is more of a complete fit for our new philosophy as a defensive minded team. I wonder who will be our Chuck Daly??
Who is your compliment coach, that fits your defensive minded team,The kings have 1 player who is Defensive minded, who are your Defensive minded players on this Team.

Thanks for the Artest deal, the Kings eventually made it to the playoffs in an otherwise disasterous season. Without the Artest trade, the Kings would have missed the playoffs and we would not have seen how good Bonzi Wells can be - and letting Adelman and Wells go would have been perfectly acceptable then.

I was mostly joking about Vlade as a coach...he's currently still employed as a scout for the Lakers, which would probably be a conflict of interest. Possibly asst coach down the road?

Good point about PJ...although Artest may respond to that, who knows?

shaka zulu said:
It's more than just the Defense,Don nelson likes to have control, Control over the players,Control over what players to Draft, What players fit his system and style of play, just control period. What will petrie's role play into matters concerning personel, Don will want to bring in 15 assitant coaches, he will want to Bring in his specialtist, his shooting coaches, his own Basketball Guru's. What about pete carril, what about petrie's system of basketball and his approach towards the game.

Petrie's role is being Questioned as well, This is his Team, his system, His coaches that he has hired to instruct on how to play the game, his leadership is being questioned, The maloofs made the deal for ron artest and now they are making the Deal for who coaches the Team. What now is Petrie's Job.

The only Reason Bonzi went off in the playoffs this season is Because Rick adleman, The players coach that he is, He gave Bonzi Freedom to be Be bonzi wells, Turn overs and all. He got the most out of Bonzi, something that don nelson or mike fratello have no way of doing, simply because they have personalities of no patience. Don nelson may let players shoot with freedom and no conscience, But he isn't a players coach and the way he Yelled at finley in mid court,or At Lafrentz or at Chris Webber, This style of coaching wouldn't be recieved well with a Bonzi wells and it wouldn't come close with a Ron artest.

Ron artest and bozi wells are players that play to their potent ability with coaches like Adleman, Who live with the mistakes From bonzi's Turnovers or other blunders and Balance this out with allowing Bonzi too be bonzi, Taking advantage of the Great things bozi can do. The same with Ron, don nelson wants control, He does give offensive Freedom but he wouldn't allow Ron artest the mistake free Freedom at running the point like the way aldeman does. Ron artest thrives with a coach that allows him Freedom, This is one of the reasons he wanted out of Indiana was the strict offensive sets that they ran in Indiana.

Don nelson would be a nightmare for these players, The maloofs are not giving enough credit to the basketball minds of Petrie and adleman. They feel they made the move to save the season for the kings this year with the Artest trade, But they are Wrong, it was the Basketball system that Chris Webber came into which turned around his Career and got him 120 million

-Vlade became an all star in this system
-damon jones was saved by adleman and petrie from going back to the d-league
-Terry porter was awarded his 1 st coaching job from this system
-jim jackson was awarded 3 more seasons with a Lucrative contract from this system
-This system has taken on The tuoghest of personality's Vernon maxwell, jason williams, Chris webber,jim jackson, Ron artest, Bonzi wells.
-Now Ron artest and Bonzi wells turn their careers around in this system.

You want to turn your career around and Be Respected again you come to Sacramento, It's not the players or the ownership But the system of Basketball that is the cure.

They will Regret this roll of the dice.
I could not have said that better. I totally agree with you. I believe that if Rick is out, then the Kings are on the way down.

KingCookie said:
Hmmm...I don't like the way this is panning out, but I can't say I didn't expect it. I'll withhold my reactions until I find out who's replacing him. For now, I'd like to thank Rick for 8 straight years of exciting, damn-near championship basketball. "Close, but no cigar" seems to be the story of his career, and I hope that will change for him one day should he continue coaching.

Let me be the first to say DO NOT hire Don Nelson!!!

My preferences:

1) Terry Porter
2) Elston Turner
3) Doc Rivers
4) SVG
5) Vlade Divac
Dont mind me, as I had to reply before I read the rest after this post. But nobody on your list is someone I would like to see as a coach here. I know a lot here are big on Porter but I am not... just IMO..

BigWaxer said:
Dont mind me, as I had to reply before I read the rest after this post. But nobody on your list is someone I would like to see as a coach here. I know a lot here are big on Porter but I am not... just IMO..
Well, there really many very desirable names available out there, unless they're bringing back somebody that's retired or plucking someone from the college ranks.

Coach K? (yeah right)
Hubie Brown? (too old)
Garry St. Jean?? :eek:

BigWaxer said:
I'm with you on not being big on Porter

Given RA's contract status all season speculation has been that he'll retire and return to the Portland area. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see him coaching the Blazers if not next year then perhaps the year after that given the potential ownership change happening there.

Rowdyone said:
Given RA's contract status all season speculation has been that he'll retire and return to the Portland area. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see him coaching the Blazers if not next year then perhaps the year after that given the potential ownership change happening there.
could be