Bogdan has a slight medial meniscus tear

As hard as it may be to believe, there was a time when this thread would have been about wishing Bogs a complete and total recovery. I don't even recognize Kings fans any more.

Just an observation. I'm not going to try and argue anything or address any other POVs. It's just not worth the frustration.
Sorry you find this so frustrating, VF.
I find the constant negativity toward the Kings organization and team (on this board) to be frustrating, as I've posted many times. Especially the posters who always and constantly voice doom and gloom. I like to pick my spots, myself. Sometimes cheering, sometimes complaining, and sometimes just trying to keep up.
I realize that in this thread, I failed to express hope for a full and speedy recovery. My bad; wish I had done that. What I did do was post my frustration about how they played Bogi when they should have rested him (to be safe). But they didn't. Maybe by playing him as they did, they caused the injury. Maybe he played all season with the injury. I don't think we know. But if they caused the injury, then I have a right to be frustrated. And the Kings need to learn from this.

Sorry you find this so frustrating, VF.
I find the constant negativity toward the Kings organization and team (on this board) to be frustrating, as I've posted many times. Especially the posters who always and constantly voice doom and gloom. I like to pick my spots, myself. Sometimes cheering, sometimes complaining, and sometimes just trying to keep up.
I realize that in this thread, I failed to express hope for a full and speedy recovery. My bad; wish I had done that. What I did do was post my frustration about how they played Bogi when they should have rested him (to be safe). But they didn't. Maybe by playing him as they did, they caused the injury. Maybe he played all season with the injury. I don't think we know. But if they caused the injury, then I have a right to be frustrated. And the Kings need to learn from this.
Exactly how i feel. I absolutely wish Bogdan the best and speedy recovery, as id easily assume each poster here would. Im frustrated and expressing my discontent towards the people in management that beyond unnecessarily put Bogdan at risk for an injury like this. Im angery that fans on a forum who follow the team as a hobby seem to have more of a clue than this teams management.
I feel more and more that the fan relationship with this team is a toxic one.

Im curious if fans who are STILL fans of this team are more likely to remain in toxic and abusive relationships?

As hard as it may be to believe, there was a time when this thread would have been about wishing Bogs a complete and total recovery. I don't even recognize Kings fans any more.

Just an observation. I'm not going to try and argue anything or address any other POVs. It's just not worth the frustration.
I understand your perspective and can see where you are coming from, but have you considered that maybe by blaming the fans who are expressing their frustration, you are asking the ones on receiving end of this teams toxicity to be silent?

Edit: victim was poor choice of words. Im no wordsmith lol

Last edited:

What I did do was post my frustration about how they played Bogi when they should have rested him (to be safe). But they didn't. Maybe by playing him as they did, they caused the injury. Maybe he played all season with the injury. I don't think we know. But if they caused the injury, then I have a right to be frustrated. And the Kings need to learn from this.
What we do know is that we don't know. And since we don't know your frustration MAY not be warranted.

I am one who has taken the "winning culture" with a grain of salt. And the main reason is that I think it's mislabeled. I think it's more a never say quit mentality that they are trying to install. And IF that is the case it would help explain (at least to me) why they did what they did towards the end of the year.

It is a pretty minor surgery with a quick recovery on a pro athlete who has been going hard year round for a few years now with no break. Barely a story. These are pro athletes, tough men, not porcelain dolls for crying out loud. Bogi will be fine.

Exactly how i feel. I absolutely wish Bogdan the best and speedy recovery, as id easily assume each poster here would. Im frustrated and expressing my discontent towards the people in management that beyond unnecessarily put Bogdan at risk for an injury like this. Im angery that fans on a forum who follow the team as a hobby seem to have more of a clue than this teams management.
I feel more and more that the fan relationship with this team is a toxic one.

Im curious if fans who are STILL fans of this team are more likely to remain in toxic and abusive relationships?
Still a fan... and while my wife doen’t really cook or put out the way she did years ago - she denies that this constitutes a toxic and abusive relationship so... sorry.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I understand your perspective and can see where you are coming from, but have you considered that maybe by blaming the fans who are expressing their frustration, you are asking the ones on receiving end of this teams toxicity to be silent?

Edit: victim was poor choice of words. Im no wordsmith lol
Nope.

I merely stated a fact, an observation of how things have changed. I've given up trying to maintain even one thread of positivity and hope without the full and complete knowledge that it will inevitably turn into a commentary on "this teams toxicity".

I get what you mean. It's just a decade plus of frustration.

I'm sure Cleveland Browns boards are pretty similar to this one.