Bogdan has a slight medial meniscus tear

Now I can see why the Kings needed to play him all those minutes near the end of the season. They had to take full advantage of that meniscus before fragments of it gets removed. [end sarcasm]

At any rate, there is no such thing as a minor knee surgery. Every surgery is invasive, with things that can go wrong, potential complication down the line, pain, recovery, and rehab. <- What my orthopedics surgeon told me (three knee surgeries).

I wonder what percentage of it will be removed. I had to have 80% of my lateral meniscus removed, and 3-4 years later, I couldn't play more than 1 game per week without my knee swelling up (swelling is a sign of wear & tear on the knee and that you're pushing it closer and closer to getting arthritis).

I'm sure it's not nearly as severe as my 80% considering I couldn't even straighten my leg when it tore vs. Bogdan who was playing on it.

Serves the fools managing this franchise right. A dumb fan like me could see a thing like this increasing in probability a mile away. I made a whole post with a few weeks to go in season that they should shut him down exactly to prevent this type of thing. His bidy was showing signs of breaking down from over use. Its so hard being a kings fan. Its an abusive relationship.

Need to find a good therapist.

It's easy to be upset about this. We knew he was playing compromised but to what extent was it left knee related and did these extra minutes exacerbate the problem.
Bogdan is a warrior, he's going want to play if at all possible. The management should know when to put the breaks on....yeah it's often difficult to be a Kings fan.

This just lets me know that Bogdan is a bad ass and has that old school mentality of playing through the pain because he loves the game so much. If he had been carrying this injury all along it just lets us know that he is going to be playing at a much higher level come next season when he is 100%.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
This just lets me know that Bogdan is a bad ass and has that old school mentality of playing through the pain because he loves the game so much. If he had been carrying this injury all along it just lets us know that he is going to be playing at a much higher level come next season when he is 100%.
It would be nice to see him or Buddy potentially become a MIP candidate next season

I suppose the good news is that if this was gonna happen anyway, might as well it happen in the early offseason
Yeah except Bogdan could have used the time to perfect moves that would help him next year. For example, his step back 3 which had potential but needs work.

It’s just too bad the local journalists are so bought and owned by the Kings no one will ask the hard questions. Like WTF was Bogdan not sat earlier? What possibly was the organizations thought process in playing him at the end of the year? Who knew and signed off on this decision?

If real journalists covered the Kings instead of paid lackeys someone would be asking these questions.

No he won’t because he will be sitting on his a$$ instead of using the time to perfect new aspects of his game. I have a hard time finding any good spin to put on this news. If Vlade were in Philly they would boo his butt out of the arena.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Yeah except Bogdan could have used the time to perfect moves that would help him next year. For example, his step back 3 which had potential but needs work.

It’s just too bad the local journalists are so bought and owned by the Kings no one will ask the hard questions. Like WTF was Bogdan not sat earlier? What possibly was the organizations thought process in playing him at the end of the year? Who knew and signed off on this decision?

If real journalists covered the Kings instead of paid lackeys someone would be asking these questions.
we don't know the timetable for such a procedure and besides, he has months to work on his game and go to moves and even into the preseason and beyond that, players work on things all the time and doesn't always apply to the offseason

we don't know the timetable for such a procedure and besides, he has months to work on his game and go to moves and even into the preseason and beyond that, players work on things all the time and doesn't always apply to the offseason
No they don’t. When you are in season you don’t have time to do things like the repetitions required to perfect footwork. Those skills are acquired in the off season.

Good lord! Only the Kings would play him at the end of the season when every other team was tanking. The time for this surgery was 4 weeks ago so he would have even more recovery time.

Every other team was making up injuries but the Kings were having their players play through them. :rolleyes:
I feel the same way. WTF. We could see the grind taking its toll on him. But as I recall, a number of posters here thought we should just keep playing him. Like an old dirt farmer once said, "if it aint broke, don't fix it." Meanwhile the dirt farm produces nothing but dust.

so you've never seen a player improve on his skills as a season progresses? :eek:
Not the point... to develop new skills takes repetitions in practice that can only be done in the off season. Yes your existing skills can be further sharpened but the general shaping needs an off season.

Never thought it made any sense to play Bogdan 30+mpg in April when almost every team was tanking. hmm... Bogdan played all of the summer in Europe and had nearly 12months of non-stop basketball.

oh well. I don't see this as a major problem and he'll have a ton of time to rest up and recovery until training camp. playing a bunch of meaningless games..smh.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Not the point... to develop new skills takes repetitions in practice that can only be done in the off season. Yes your existing skills can be further sharpened but the general shaping needs an off season.
players can stay after practice and perfect their skills and even come in before that too...there is no one way it needs to be done in any point in time

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
As hard as it may be to believe, there was a time when this thread would have been about wishing Bogs a complete and total recovery. I don't even recognize Kings fans any more.

Just an observation. I'm not going to try and argue anything or address any other POVs. It's just not worth the frustration.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
As hard as it may be to believe, there was a time when this thread would have been about wishing Bogs a complete and total recovery. I don't even recognize Kings fans any more.

Just an observation. I'm not going to try and argue anything or address any other POVs. It's just not worth the frustration.
Its these kids today... no respect... I blame the music

Meniscus is usually pretty easy. Do we know whether they ended up re-attaching or cutting? Re-attaching is usually better long term. Tends to have a longer rehab time, and the 8-10 weeks seems to match up with that.

Meniscus is usually pretty easy. Do we know whether they ended up re-attaching or cutting? Re-attaching is usually better long term. Tends to have a longer rehab time, and the 8-10 weeks seems to match up with that.
When I reattached mine, it was a 6-7 month rehab. After tearing it again and the doctor cutting it that time, it was a 4-5 week rehab (Ron Artest famously played in a game only 12 days after this surgery). Like you said reattaching is better long term, but a shorter recovery. While clipping is a shorter recovery, but worse long term (arthritis).

The 8-10 weeks falls in between the time ranges I listed which is odd to me. If I had to guess, I'm going to say that they reattached it but the tear is crazy small so that a 6-7 month rehab is not necessary.

Last edited: