Bobcats want Miller? (ESPN)

First of all, if somebody is offering Gerald Wallace for Brad Miller, you do it. You don't ask any questions, you just get it done. Miller has got to go and I don't care about a logjam at the wing position. If we get rid of Brad, that opens up important minutes for Spencer and JT. That solves a big issue right now.

Now the Salmons issue. I'm sick of people wanting this guy out of town because he "shoots too much" or "dribbles to much." In case you haven't noticed, he's the only guy on our team (besides Spencer) that is actually having a GOOD year. He's puting up great numbers and doesn't deserve the treatment he gets from you guys.

If Wallace became a King, you would want him gone because he would miss too many games because of injuries or you would get sick of him shooting 22% from 3 point land. You'll always find a reason to be annoyed with somebody. Salmons just doesn't deserve the criticism he is getting this year.

With that being said, get the trade done GP.

It is possible that Petrie is currently working on a deal to move Salmons.
I think that most agree that the Kings are better off having Garcia coming off the bench for our future especially if we obtained Wallace, which means that Salmons would be the one to go.

Petrie might be trying to get Salmons moved before making this trade (Miller for Wallace) so he can get the best value for him, though even if he isn't able to get all he wants for Salmons, you still have to make the trade if it's a straight swap of Miller for Wallace.

I do like the major components of the trade suggested by Ryanandty. Perhaps we could get the bulls involved as well.
We send Salmons and Kenny Thomas to Cleveland, Cleveland sends Wally's expiring to Chicago, and Chicago sends us Gooden (expiring) and either Noah or Tyrus plus filler. We or Cleveland could toss Chicago some draft picks to balance things out for Chicago.
That way Cleveland gets Salmons to help LeBron, we get a potential third big to pair with Spencer and JT, plus cap space when Gooden comes off the books (I'd rather just wave him when he gets here because I do not want him eating our kid's minutes), and Chicago gets the huge expiring and some draft picks to try to figure out how they will build around Rose.

Once a deal such as the above goes down for Salmons then we make the Miller for Wallace trade, and are potentially set with the 2-3 position and a three big man rotation in Spencer, JT, and Noah/Tyrus.

But as I said, even if you don't get a deal done for Salmons you've just got to make this trade.

It is possible that Petrie is currently working on a deal to move Salmons.
I think that most agree that the Kings are better off having Garcia coming off the bench for our future especially if we obtained Wallace, which means that Salmons would be the one to go.

Petrie might be trying to get Salmons moved before making this trade (Miller for Wallace) so he can get the best value for him, though even if he isn't able to get all he wants for Salmons, you still have to make the trade if it's a straight swap of Miller for Wallace.

I do like the major components of the trade suggested by Ryanandty. Perhaps we could get the bulls involved as well.
We send Salmons and Kenny Thomas to Cleveland, Cleveland sends Wally's expiring to Chicago, and Chicago sends us Gooden (expiring) and either Noah or Tyrus plus filler. We or Cleveland could toss Chicago some draft picks to balance things out for Chicago.
That way Cleveland gets Salmons to help LeBron, we get a potential third big to pair with Spencer and JT, plus cap space when Gooden comes off the books (I'd rather just wave him when he gets here because I do not want him eating our kid's minutes), and Chicago gets the huge expiring and some draft picks to try to figure out how they will build around Rose.

Once a deal such as the above goes down for Salmons then we make the Miller for Wallace trade, and are potentially set with the 2-3 position and a three big man rotation in Spencer, JT, and Noah/Tyrus.

But as I said, even if you don't get a deal done for Salmons you've just got to make this trade.

Cleveland doesn't need to help LeBron. They are 22-4 and clicking on all cylinders right now. Why would they bring in a guy like Salmons who requires minutes and shots to be happy? It's not going to happen unless the Cavs start losing.

Because of GW's injury concerns, I would only take on his longterm contract if they took one of ours:

Brad Miller + Beno Udrih
for
Gerald Wallace + Raymond Felton

We've approached this topic a couple times--and that glut of swingmen we have is absolutely not a myth. If we really want Wallace, Salmons really has to go--almost immediately. Wallace has too much talent to come off the bench, and Salmons will forever pout in that role. I do like the Wallace/Martin swingman positions, sheerly because their games absolutely complement each other--Martin is the scorer, and Wallace is a great complementary guy who hopefully will now invest the majority of his energy rebounding like a madman, stealing balls and blocking shots at will like he used to do in the past. Although I've feared for Wallace's injuries and his roadkill style of play, I do think he can benefit from a change in scenery where every player who plays for the Bobcats seems to put on a leash--especially with their names being bandied about in trade rumors constantly.

It's possible we can get him--and at this stage, I would advocate it--especially if it's for a package centered around Brad Miller and John Salmons. But I see that some of you want Raymond Felton; as the fantasy holder of Felton last year, I would say a resounding "no." He's too short and can't shoot, and is really only an up-tempo passer who struggles in half-court settings--that's three knocks against him already, and if we can't handle the inconsistencies of Beno Udrih how will we handle Felton?

Looking at the salaries and contract lengths relative to the Charlotte players' talents as well as our own personal needs, I'm not too enthusiastic about any of Charlotte's players. I guess the best one we can do is John Salmons and Brad Miller for Gerald Wallace and Nazr Mohammed, and hopefully we can rope in a 2nd round pick from them because Nazr's not too talented and has three more years on him for way too much money (hopefully he doesn't become another KT). Again, I'd prefer a three way where we don't take back huge chunks of salary just to get rid of redundant players, but if we really wanted to unload Brad Miller and John Salmons simultaneously while taking in a young talent fit who used to play for us, this could be a possibility.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
If this was offered and we declined Im going to have to take a self-induced depression break from this team.

At least watching Wallace fly all over the court would be better than the crap weve seen so far

I guess the best one we can do is John Salmons and Brad Miller for Gerald Wallace and Nazr Mohammed, and hopefully we can rope in a 2nd round pick from them because Nazr's not too talented and has three more years on him for way too much money (hopefully he doesn't become another KT).
My problem is that trading Brad (alone) would just give us JT and Hawes for the 4/5. Now, if we could get Nazr then I might do that.

Not sure due to his contract...

Gerald plays so hard he get injured all the time. There's a reason why the cats don't want him: he's not worth the deal they gave him. That's not to say the talent level isn't there, it's just whether or not what you get out of him is worth it. Look at Beno. He got a MLE deal and some people around here are really upset. I can only imagine what they would do when G-Force gets injured again, or plays inconsistently. It would be a "WHY DID WE DO THIS DEAL?" "TRADE HIM NOW!" This deal straight up isn't good, but if pieces were included, then it has potential.

This is my opinion on the matter. As far as our free agent run goes we aren't getting anyone better than Gerald Wallace in 09....unless Boozer decides to play with us, and alot of us are against getting Boozer for some reason. In 2010 the best players i believe we can sign are going to to be T.J. Ford and/or Hedo (or another player of equal talent like Prince). Id rather have Gerald in both cases. Signing Wallace would hurt our chances at getting CHRIS BOSH or LEBRON JAMES. But we aren't getting them anyways. If we sign wallace now and target T.J. Ford in 2010 i think we are good to go.

PG - T.J. Ford
SG -Martin
SF - Wallace
PF - Thompson
C - Hawes

Doesn't look to bad considering by 2010 Thompson should be in starting form and Hawes could be putting up all-starish numbers as a starter. Not to mention our bench will be good with Jackson (vets minimum), Garcia, Greene, 09 Lottery Pick, 09 Late Pick, and our 2010 pick. I don't know if a good team can get any younger

I think that not developing and keeping Wallace was one of the dumber decisions in franchise history.

That said, I think that the future of this team lies mainly with guys who are healthy and 17 to (at most) 25 years old right now. I don't want a 26 year old with a major medical problem and a big contract who fills neither of our roster needs (PG, PF/C).

This is my opinion on the matter. As far as our free agent run goes we aren't getting anyone better than Gerald Wallace in 09....unless Boozer decides to play with us, and alot of us are against getting Boozer for some reason. In 2010 the best players i believe we can sign are going to to be T.J. Ford and/or Hedo (or another player of equal talent like Prince). Id rather have Gerald in both cases. Signing Wallace would hurt our chances at getting CHRIS BOSH or LEBRON JAMES. But we aren't getting them anyways. If we sign wallace now and target T.J. Ford in 2010 i think we are good to go.

PG - T.J. Ford
SG -Martin
SF - Wallace
PF - Thompson
C - Hawes

Doesn't look to bad considering by 2010 Thompson should be in starting form and Hawes could be putting up all-starish numbers as a starter. Not to mention our bench will be good with Jackson (vets minimum), Garcia, Greene, 09 Lottery Pick, 09 Late Pick, and our 2010 pick. I don't know if a good team can get any younger

I like this take. I think Wallace is as close to a blue chipper as we are likely to get, and it gives us a young exciting athletic team.

I think moving Brad and Salmons along is important for us to go a different direction.

Basing the team on Martin/Wallace on the wings, and hoping for luck where Spencer/Thompson are concerned... seems a very reasonable way to go to me.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Well, first of all, Cisco is already overpaid and he hasn't played a single game on his new contract. So it changes the equation. Salmons at least only makes $5 million for far more production and he has an ETO in 2010, so there's flexibility.

So yeah, try and get good value for Salmons in a trade and then do this deal. Easy to say, not so easy to do. Whereas if Petrie hadn't signed Garcia up to his extension, this trade would be a complete no-brainer.
I guess I'm still a little confused. Garcia's new salary and Salmons current salary are almost identical. The only difference being the length. Both salaries are comparable to backup salaries around the league.

Now if your telling me that you prefer Salmons over Garcia in the future, well, thats your preference. Personally, I think Garcia is a better fit on the Kings than Salmons is. Now if you throw Martin into the equation and the possibility of him becoming a chronically injured player, then resigning Garcia is also a no brainer.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
First of all, if somebody is offering Gerald Wallace for Brad Miller, you do it. You don't ask any questions, you just get it done. Miller has got to go and I don't care about a logjam at the wing position. If we get rid of Brad, that opens up important minutes for Spencer and JT. That solves a big issue right now.

Now the Salmons issue. I'm sick of people wanting this guy out of town because he "shoots too much" or "dribbles to much." In case you haven't noticed, he's the only guy on our team (besides Spencer) that is actually having a GOOD year. He's puting up great numbers and doesn't deserve the treatment he gets from you guys.

If Wallace became a King, you would want him gone because he would miss too many games because of injuries or you would get sick of him shooting 22% from 3 point land. You'll always find a reason to be annoyed with somebody. Salmons just doesn't deserve the criticism he is getting this year.

Hey, we agree again. This is getting scarey.:rolleyes:

Cleveland doesn't need to help LeBron. They are 22-4 and clicking on all cylinders right now. Why would they bring in a guy like Salmons who requires minutes and shots to be happy? It's not going to happen unless the Cavs start losing.
The Cavs are great right now, but unless injuries come into play Cleveland is just not going to be able to get past the Celtics this year. John would give them a much better chance at getting past the Celtics and if Cleveland got to the Finals and faced the Lakers they would be hard pressed to find someone better than Salmons to put on Kobe.
I also think that if you put Salmons in Cleveland he would put forth the maximum effort to fit into the flow of Cleveland's offense since this would be his best shot to make a contribution towards winning that ring.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Arbys Roast Beef said:
Looking at the salaries and contract lengths relative to the Charlotte players' talents as well as our own personal needs, I'm not too enthusiastic about any of Charlotte's players. I guess the best one we can do is John Salmons and Brad Miller for Gerald Wallace and Nazr Mohammed, and hopefully we can rope in a 2nd round pick from them because Nazr's not too talented and has three more years on him for way too much money (hopefully he doesn't become another KT). Again, I'd prefer a three way where we don't take back huge chunks of salary just to get rid of redundant players, but if we really wanted to unload Brad Miller and John Salmons simultaneously while taking in a young talent fit who used to play for us, this could be a possibility.
I would rather keep the deal with just Miller involved and find another deal for Salmons. I don't like the idea of taking on Mohammed's contract just to move Salmons. I'd rather trade Miller straight across for Wallace and May. May will become an unrestricted free agent if a qualifing offer is not made at the end of this year.

I don't see what Cisco has to do with this. He's basicly our backup at SF and SG. If you make the trade for Wallace, Cisco stays in the same role. To me Salmons is the odd man out, and he certainly has trade value.

It seems to me that the point of contention is the length of Wallace's contract. I'm not sure why, unless its the fear of more injuries. He's only 26 years old. So if you think he's part of the new future of the Kings, then the contract isn't an issue. As matter of fact, if he stays healthy, the contract is a plus. You have that position locked up for a while with a pretty talented player at a reasonable price.
One more concussion and he could be up for early retirement.

Salmons is 29, he's not apart of the future equation. We need to trade him while his stock is at his highest and plenty of teams can use a guy like him. We don't need Salmons.

As much as I want that, its not going to happen. Felton is younger and probably better than Beno, and to be honest I think Wallace is worth more than Brad to begin with. Counter offering that is just asking for them to spit in our face. Then again it is Jordan......
It is MJ, and both Felton and Wallace have been reported as being on the block. The Bob-Kittens tried to trade Felton to GSW, and G-Dub just wants out....DO IT PETRIE!

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

pleeeeeeeease

i dont care if we lose every game the rest of the season because our team is balanced completely to the backcourt and our frontcourt will average maybe 18 ppg total (all pf/c's). oh wait i do, thats good cuz we can get a top 2 or 3 draft pick (4th right now) and get a franchise player to solidify this team. no way we get better than wallace for brad, wallace will also have value for the next few seasons unlike brad.

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

pleeeeeeeease

i dont care if we lose every game the rest of the season because our team is balanced completely to the backcourt and our frontcourt will average maybe 18 ppg total (all pf/c's). oh wait i do, thats good cuz we can get a top 2 or 3 draft pick (4th right now) and get a franchise player to solidify this team. no way we get better than wallace for brad, wallace will also have value for the next few seasons unlike brad.
you found a franchise player in this draft?! thats excellent news, who is it?

I like that Wallace is a year older than K-Mart. The team would still be pretty young even if we brought in Wallace. One thing Wallace learned from the Kings of a few years ago was how to pass the ball.

I wouldn't mind giving Wallace a chance here. We would have a nice core of young guys to build around. Wallace, K-Mart, Garcia, Hawes, Thompson, Brown, Greene.... And so on.

The Cavs are great right now, but unless injuries come into play Cleveland is just not going to be able to get past the Celtics this year. John would give them a much better chance at getting past the Celtics and if Cleveland got to the Finals and faced the Lakers they would be hard pressed to find someone better than Salmons to put on Kobe.
I also think that if you put Salmons in Cleveland he would put forth the maximum effort to fit into the flow of Cleveland's offense since this would be his best shot to make a contribution towards winning that ring.
they took them to seven last year and are playing even better this year. why no chance/why mess with that chemistry? beyond that trading salmons for a couple of overhyped busts (the original trade idea) seems bizarre to me, since i think a 1st would be worth more than either thomas or noah. salmons is playing way too well this season to give up for a bunch of spare parts that no one wants