Blazers @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Before I start - just want to say thanks for getting this thread "locked" after the last game. Is it that hard to open a separate thread for venting purposes ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
14 games to go (7-7) kings in deep trouble here trying to hang on to pretty much anything that is left. Luckly, our opponents are making sure that we are still where we are. Would be nice if we could take advantage of it, but it will be much harder than we would like it. We need to win 7 games to be sure that we are in. That might not be realistic if we do not get some guys back and soon. I still count on Wolves and Lakers to lose some more ;) .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Injuries - Too frustrating to think about ours. Before every game - always worrying who is next and how long will it be this time. Are we going to be able to suit up 8 players tonight? How many of those 8 will be able to play? How many are taller than 6'8 (Pedja does not count for obvious reasons) ?
Also Duncan is out which makes the 5th spot attractive again. Unfortunately, Kings will need big help from the others to stay where they are.
RA in the spot light again. He complained publically about the efffort in general and Pedja in particular. Is something going to change is really hard to tell ? We need everyone at 100% effort. Pedja needs/has to do more. I don't think that he does not want it. I am afraid the he is just unable to step up and meet the pressure. Instead of fighting trough it - he gets frustrated and gives up which is unacceptable and inexcusable in a team game. He missed so many open shots on Sunday. 4-19 is beyond ugly. 4 pts 1 rb and 2 assists in a second half where he needed to matter - sad.
Other story is GO - issue. Whatever is going on needs to be put aside at this moment. If we can get 5 solid minutes out of GO - we need to take them. We can not afford to have principles here.
I wish it were easy to forgett the last game but it isn't. We lost to a team that wanted it more. Their young players are fighting for minutes on the floor. Looks like that is more important than fighting for PO spot. We were flat in the second half playing only 6 guys. Worst part is having a player who suck but being unable to thake him out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tonight is a big game. Honestly, it does not look too good. We do not know who can play. We do not know where the points will come from or rebounds. We play a team that caused us trouble. Team that is going nowhere (no pressure). An athletic team too. They played last night and shot really bad which is not a good sigh. Our advantage - they have back to back game. BTW - ARCO was really disappointing last game. We need it. More than ever.
Mike - No rest for him again. will have problems defensively. We need a lead tonight. Mike needs to try to set the tone early if he has anything left.
Pedja - Patterson will be on him tonight. Can we really afford to count on him or to expect a lot ? He is needed in a worst kind of way. Can he give us a good 40 minutes for once.
Darius - needs to give more - especially rebounding-wise. Also needs to avoid foul trouble
Evans - plays well as a starter but he can not give You point the way Mobley can. We know that effort will be there.
Thomas - need a big night from him
House - might get to play 2 guard a bit. Been solid lately.
Martin - it is unfair to ask him to step up considering lack of rythm and playing time but ...
Tag - I heard that it the tickets are cheaper in the row 25 than in row 3. Maybe we can save some money here.
Daniels - why us - why ?
Not sure wheather the onther guys will be able to play
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
RA - can he find a way to win. Are there any rabbits left in his hat ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
There was no NVE last night and honestly we do not need to see him out there tonight either. Pryzibilla had several all star performances agains us. Also V. Khryapa is a candidate for a career game. And Frahm too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go Hawks !!!!! (Suns)
Go Heat !!!!(Rockets)
Go Wizards!!! (Nuggets)
Go Jazz!! (Lakers)
Go Bucks!! (Sonics)

Lets Go Kings! I wanna see some effort out there tonight from ALL guys in a Kings uniform!! This means you Peja! ;)

Lets give Mike some help out there! Lets kick the Blazers butt!
Bring Rick his 700.....

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
This is really almost a must game for us -- iits the single easiest game on our schedule for the remainder of the season, and Portland is playing awfully. We can't give this one away.

seven wins doesn't automatically get us in (altho it is a forgone conclusion) 7 wins gets the wolves out, however 7 for Sac, Lakers run the table (16) and they would win(?) the 8 spot with the tie-break. Having said that, we can stop the speculation over whether the Kings get in the door. Magic number vs. Wolves (combined Kings wins and/or Wolves losses) is 8 with 14 left, against the lakers 9 with 15 left (14 for us, 16 for them). 7 or 8 equally bad, gets you suns or spurs - tho at this point it wouldn't matter if we were playing sac state for goodness sake. Mike, rest him, what the hell. If the Kings D-up tonight, they have a chance, and excellent chance even. It's not just about injuries, GS was short-handed too. I know this is not too sportsmanlike, but if Tag could deliver one of those Webb to Stockton shivers we saw in the Utah series some years back - well that would certainly set the tone!

piksi

Hall of Famer
WhyNotUs? said:
seven wins doesn't automatically get us in (altho it is a forgone conclusion) 7 wins gets the wolves out, however 7 for Sac, Lakers run the table (16) and they would win(?) the 8 spot with the tie-break. Having said that, we can stop the speculation over whether the Kings get in the door. Magic number vs. Wolves (combined Kings wins and/or Wolves losses) is 8 with 14 left, against the lakers 9 with 15 left (14 for us, 16 for them). 7 or 8 equally bad, gets you suns or spurs - tho at this point it wouldn't matter if we were playing sac state for goodness sake. Mike, rest him, what the hell. If the Kings D-up tonight, they have a chance, and excellent chance even. It's not just about injuries, GS was short-handed too. I know this is not too sportsmanlike, but if Tag could deliver one of those Webb to Stockton shivers we saw in the Utah series some years back - well that would certainly set the tone!
Lakers have to play Wolves too - One of them has to lose. You need to consider that

i did consider that. that is why 7 wins doesn't automatically get us in. the arithmetic is that we win 7 of 14, lakers win 16 of 16, they get in not us. Probabilities are less than zero of that happening, but arithmetically it is possible. Portland recent woes do concern me tho, we haven't done well against teams that need a win to reestablish their credibility. Guess that's why they play the game.

Ill tell you right now Joelzilla is gonna have a field day against us...and they've been starting Telfair giving them a backcourt of Telfair and Stoudamire...yikes! But is Mike gonna have the energy to run after a child like he is gonna have to do with Telfair..will Mike even be matched against him??

Note To Kings: The Portland Trailblazers ARE a shotblocking team (Joel/Theo/Ruben/Darius) NO FAIRY-LOBS PLEASE!!

Need this win...its a must win actually...we can't lose two straight to the GSWs and the Blazers and expect to march into ARCO and be ready to handle a Dallas Mavs squad...lets get the "easy" ones guys

All the injuries to this team makes me want to throw up...blah! Please get better boys!

Peja we need a showing from you...a grand performance actually...as for Mike i hope he didn't do anything since the time he got kicked out the game on Sunday night...god knows he needs the rest...::sigh::

GOD HELP US!

GO KINGS!!!!

I'm optomistic that someday Peja is going to sack up and play but Patterson is another one of those small guys(Bowen/Hassel and Patterson) that just eats Peja up so I'm expecting another bad performance from Peja. Again, if Tag doesn't play tonight against Pryzbilla then Adelman should be taken outside and flogged!!!!

Ryle said:
I'm optomistic that someday Peja is going to sack up and play but Patterson is another one of those small guys(Bowen/Hassel and Patterson) that just eats Peja up so I'm expecting another bad performance from Peja. Again, if Tag doesn't play tonight against Pryzbilla then Adelman should be taken outside and flogged!!!!
Personally i wish Peja was defended by Matt Harpring every night...that would be lovely

^that is correct starks...we played Denver twice this season so far both times at ARCO

there are few teams we only play 3 times...they are one of them

A

AriesMar27

i just dont know... we had better win this game... today is my birthday..... i'm 22, on the 22nd.... kings better get adelman his 700th or else.....

go kings.....

Big game!!!! I'm pretty sure Coach Adelman will preach to his players a lot for more effort cause it's a big game! Let's just hope his players listen to him! Blazers' a decent team, they have more talent than their record says... but they're the most beatable team reminding for the Kings left in this month. Even more so than the Warriors, IMO.

I've been worry about the Kings' offense lately. I understand with no Brad, the offense looks very odd. But the ball movement haven't really being there and the assists is down. There's being long periods in the games that Kings just don't know what they're doing. I just hope today, things work out better. Give that extra pass and find that open man, guys!

Honestly, right now I'm more worry about the Kings' health than winning/losing.

I read that Corliss should be able to go today. But Skinner and Mobley is questionable.
*prays that things for Kings will only get better*

Score + Rebound + Play D + limit TOs + EFFORT! = WIN BABY!!

Let's bring the 700 to Coach tonight!!

GO KINGS!!!!!!

AriesMar27 said:
i just dont know... we had better win this game... today is my birthday..... i'm 22, on the 22nd.... kings better get adelman his 700th or else.....

go kings.....
and you don't have a birthday thread...?? hmm

Bricklayer said:
This is really almost a must game for us -- iits the single easiest game on our schedule for the remainder of the season, and Portland is playing awfully. We can't give this one away.

Yeah right, same thing was said about a depleted Warriors team that we just lost to.

gman23 said:
Yeah right, same thing was said about a depleted Warriors team that we just lost to.
Warriors is actually a better team than their record says. I think if Warriors had a healthy Baron since the beginning of the season, they're right there behind the Wolves/Lakers for the 8th seed.

And I agree with iheartBrad, we also were losing lots of our key guys. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.