Bibby for Deron Williams?

Wait, he might actually have something here. You just have to bring this trade down to reality a little bit. How about Bibby and Artest to Utah for Deron Williams and Boozer. Then all we need to do is ship Miller and Salmons to the Spurs for Duncan and Ginobili. Then KT and SAR to Dallas for Dirk and and Howard.

Come on Petie!

:rolleyes:

Wait, he might actually have something here. You just have to bring this trade down to reality a little bit. How about Bibby and Artest to Utah for Deron Williams and Boozer. Then all we need to do is ship Miller and Salmons to the Spurs for Duncan and Ginobili. Then KT and SAR to Dallas for Dirk and and Howard.

Come on Petie!

:rolleyes:
gotta love sarcasm:D
what would be our lineup?

Williams
Martin
Dirk
Boozer
Tim

Bench.
Flopinobli
Howard
Garcia
who cares

heh even if the world were made out of chocolate and Petrie managed to stick a roofie in all the other GMs drinks the league would step in against a team like this.

gotta love sarcasm:D
what would be our lineup?

Williams
Martin
Dirk
Boozer
Tim

Bench.
Flopinobli
Howard
Garcia
who cares

heh even if the world were made out of chocolate and Petrie managed to stick a roofie in all the other GMs drinks the league would step in against a team like this.
Ya that looks good as far as the starters vs the bench. Now for the coach... If we can just do a sign and trade of Musselman to LA for the zen master, and send Brooks to Dallas for Avery I think we might have a run to the playoffs.

If it wasn't for that pesky Stern stepping in to keep Sac down we could totally make this happen.

Edit: But you gotta keep Potapenko. He's our glue baby!

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I could add to the sarcasm...

but I'll be the one that brings logic into this tomfoolery. Deron Williams = on the way up. Young, energetic. Mike Bibby = plateau, maybe not on the way down, but plateau.

When teams trade youth away, it's because they either haven't seen the potential or there isn't any available space on a veteran-laden team. Neither applies to Deron Williams.

Now back to the monkeyshines:

I would trade Potapenko for a case of ho-hos, so that everyone gets a fun treat after practice. The cumulative weight gain would make up for his loss.

Last edited:
I live in SLC. Just turned around and asked the 10 coworkers around me what they thought about the trade (as a joke). They laughed their heads off. I’m sure the Jazz would be ALL over this trade if we were talking about the 2002 Bibby. But not a 30 year old that has already peaked out.

Now come on people, let's not get ridiculous. We couldn't trade Potapenko for Boozer, Pota's not under contract right now. It would have to be a sign and trade.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Jerry Sloan would KILL the GM for making the trade, Kill or at least bench Bibby for not palying defesne and then have the long awaited anuisim and die... GP would do the deal in a heart beat.

Deron Williams is on his way up. He's an important part of the Jazz team. There is probably no way they would trade him for Mike Bibby. Plus, Deron is a lot younger than Bibby. He has room to grow and get better.

Seriously, I wonder who we would have to trade in order to get Carlos Boozer.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Seriously, I wonder who we would have to trade in order to get Carlos Boozer.
Nobody. The Jazz aren't trading Boozer. They aren't trading Williams. That's just farfetched to say the least. They MAY be open to trading Kirilenko, although I think when he's on he's actually a very important part of that team too with neither Okur nor Boozer being a guy who protects the rim.

Nobody. The Jazz aren't trading Boozer. They aren't trading Williams. That's just farfetched to say the least. They MAY be open to trading Kirilenko, although I think when he's on he's actually a very important part of that team too with neither Okur nor Boozer being a guy who protects the rim.
Yeah. I thought so..but anything is possible, I guess...I know this might sound weird but I can imagine Boozer on our team (without certain players, like. Artest, Kenny, SAR). But like you said, I don't think that's going to happen, the Jazz need him and we have no player that would interest them.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Well that does actually open up a discussion to the silm and I mean slim chance of a Artest for Kirilenko trade with some sweetners to make the deal go down. Sloan and Artest are hardly a match made in heven BUT Ron does paly the type of Ball Jerry likes and frankly he has never made the most of AK47's game. Could be a win win trade at least on paper.