Beno reminds us why he's here

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pointless to even argue.. Everyone has their own opinion.. Right now everyone is pretty much wrong because the team sucks either way. You have guys like my and a few others wanting to start whoever is best at the position, then you have others who want to start a guy based on him being the 4th pick because you are not supposed to bench the 4th pick on a bad team regardless of rather or not he can play the position he's stuck at. Call it hate or whatever you want.. At least I am consistent in my opinion.. These two sides of the argument will be here for a while because one side won't give up on the Evans for PG until he's at least had a year or two in the league, and I won't give up on my side because I believe he's not a PG. Who will be right in the end? we'll see!

Last edited:
Beno sucking last year still ran an NBA offense better than Evans this year.. You say for me to stop hating, well I counter with take off those rose colored goggles u are wearing.

The only person that will convince me that Evans is a PG is Evans, and so far he hasn't. It's not that he's a bad player or anything.. He does bring some interesting skillsets to the Kings, but unfortunately one of them isn't PG skills.
Wow didn't realized we're almost done with the season. :D

Evans this year....LOL.

Noone can convinced you that Evans is a PG because you already made up your mind. Sorry to point it out but your post indicate that you're very closed minded. If you're not you would realized that it's 4 games into the season (meaning too early to tell) and he's a ROOKIE (as in rookie makes mistakes). Give it time before you made up your mind.

But as it point out base on your quote...you are more concern about being right. It is not your view point that some of us are agruing, but how every little things that Tyreke does wrong at this early point. You scream as if the plane is going to crash before it even took off. And because people don't want to believe you, you hope that the plane does crashed.

I can bet my money that in the next game, you hoping to see Tyreke failed at the PG so you can post more about how bad he is at the PG. Am I right?

And even if he does well, his assist doesn't count because it's not how a PG should assist. Round and round we go.

LOL Why am I back here?

Last edited:
It's pointless to even argue.. Everyone has their own opinion.. Right now everyone is pretty much wrong because the team sucks either way. You have guys like my and a few others wanting to start whoever is best at the position, then you have others who want to start a guy based on him being the 4th pick because you are not supposed to bench the 4th pick on a bad team regardless of rather or not he can play the position he's stuck at. Call it hate or whatever you want.. At least I am consistent in my opinion.. These two sides of the argument will be here for a while because one side won't give up on the Evans for PG until he's at least had a year or two in the league, and I won't give up on my side because I believe he's not a PG. Who will be right in the end? we'll see!
You sort of straw manned the argument there for Reke continuing to start. Personally I think he shows lots of promise and needs some playing time to adjust. I don't make up my mind the man cant do something after watching less NBA games than I have fingers on my one hand.

And clearly other teams that we are playing against see how he can cause problems for them since they are adjusting their defense to force him to shoot instead of getting to the basket. Yes that is all about offense. But he has shown to be one of the best defensive point guards on the team. Did we not want one of those?

As for Beno, he had the last few years to show he could run a team. He chose to pack it in after he got the contract. He's never shown to be consistent at anything and very poor defensively. He's as fragile as glass and you can't depend on him to be there. I've seen the Beno show enough to know that putting him in the starting lineup is big crap shoot for how well he will play or how long before he has to sit injured.

K

Kingsguy881

So you would rather see a mediocre, 17 win team than a team that has promise and potential and possibly could win more than 17 games? I don't get it, by your logic we should start Beno because he runs the offense better instead of someone who gives the team more of a chance to win? So you LIKE dwelling in mediocrity instead of building for the future? Cuz I don't!

Seriously, saying that we should start Beno is borderline insanity. WE STARTED BENO LAST YEAR, WHERE DID THAT GET US? Thats like saying we should keep Gnat because he knew how to coach a team.

This is a perfect case of out with the old, in with the new. Westphal, unknown how he would react to returning to the big leagues. Evans, question mark as to whether he can run a team from the pg position. Well, lets put them out there and see what they can do, we saw what the others did last year and that was a disaster.

Iverson's eyes lit up when Evans went out of the game and Beno was on him, and Iverson proceeded to score like 9 straight points. The only thing that stopped him was the coach yanked him and put Conley back in, woeful Conley who couldn't score with a cheap hooker. Conley helped make Beno look like a star, don't get it twisted.

Evans had shut down Iverson, AI couldn't hardly get a shot off. 48 minutes of going against Beno vs. 48 minutes of going against Evans, you can bet 100% of the pg's in the league would choose Beno AND YOU WANT TO HELP THEM OUT?????? HOW DOES THAT HELP THE KINGS????????

K

Kingsguy881

Beno sucking last year still ran an NBA offense better than Evans this year.. You say for me to stop hating, well I counter with take off those rose colored goggles u are wearing.

The only person that will convince me that Evans is a PG is Evans, and so far he hasn't. It's not that he's a bad player or anything.. He does bring some interesting skillsets to the Kings, but unfortunately one of them isn't PG skills.
I don't have rose colored goggles on, I just don't want to watch the same team I watched last year. I guess you are allright with that, but I'm not.

And as far as Evans convincing you, you already have your mind made up, no matter what he does from game 1 forward, you still have your mind made up. He's not Rubio, ergo he is going to fail. End of discussion.

A

AriesMar27

that goes both ways... iverson shut down evans as well... actually the entire grizzlies team shut him down. yet beno was able to actually do 2 things that evans couldnt do. run an offense and score points. it was beno that hit the gametying layup at the end of regulation. if evans is such a mismatch on offense why couldnt he scroe against a team that doesnt play any defense on the 2nd game of a back to back?

beno is a scrub, no one is aying that he is the answer at pg. i dont think that anyone who wants him to start even want him on the team, i know that i dont.... but he is better at running an nba offense than evans. he sucked last year, we only won 17 games... but with that logic martin, thompson and hawes shouldnt be starting either. they were all on that horrible team.

its one thing to be a homer or a fanboy but damn, some of you are taking this way too far. what will you guys do if, i said if.... evans turns out to be a horrible pg? because im pretty sure if he turns out to be a good one i will have no problem admitting that i was wrong, gary probably wont care either... but some of you posters are smoking some kill... with this evans being a pg thing. was beno so bad that you'll take anyone at pg?

what will you do if he doesnt cut it as a pg?

K

Kingsguy881

You keep harping that Evans couldn't score, make a layup, etc.. I have yet to see you admit that his ankle is injured and adversely affected his offense, so much so that all he really looked to do was set up his teammates (if you watched the game you would have seen this).

That brings me to my next question. Have you seen any games this year? Because you sound like an expert on whats going on, but you haven't made any direct points to how they played or what the game looked like. So did you watch the last game? What are you watching? Are you going to watch the game tonite?

K

Kingsguy881

I honestly don't care. We're not going to win very many games this season, regardless of who starts at point guard.
His question was not really directed at Evans, I'm sure he thinks it is, but it isn't. It's directed at the personnel on the floor which includes Mason, who is good for nothing, and May, who is being outplayed on both ends because he is undersized. Watch, Westphal is going to make the starting lineup switch and then that argument will have no more hot air.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
that goes both ways... iverson shut down evans as well... actually the entire grizzlies team shut him down. yet beno was able to actually do 2 things that evans couldnt do. run an offense and score points. it was beno that hit the gametying layup at the end of regulation. if evans is such a mismatch on offense why couldnt he scroe against a team that doesnt play any defense on the 2nd game of a back to back?

beno is a scrub, no one is aying that he is the answer at pg. i dont think that anyone who wants him to start even want him on the team, i know that i dont.... but he is better at running an nba offense than evans. he sucked last year, we only won 17 games... but with that logic martin, thompson and hawes shouldnt be starting either. they were all on that horrible team.

its one thing to be a homer or a fanboy but damn, some of you are taking this way too far. what will you guys do if, i said if.... evans turns out to be a horrible pg? because im pretty sure if he turns out to be a good one i will have no problem admitting that i was wrong, gary probably wont care either... but some of you posters are smoking some kill... with this evans being a pg thing. was beno so bad that you'll take anyone at pg?

what will you do if he doesnt cut it as a pg?
I have disagreed with you on a number of occasions regarding Tyreke being an nba pg. If he fails, I will admit it. The problem I have, and others are having, is that you can't declare the fact that Tyreke can't be a pg after only 4 games. Its not logical, objective, or fair. When the arguement becomes less logical and more about personal preference, it doesn't carry anywhere near the weight you would like it to.

Hey guys, how about you stop sippin' the Hatorade?

Evans is a freaking rookie with a screwed up ankle, and I see people talking about how much he sucks and how Beno out-performed him last game. Are you kidding me?

You know what, let's go ahead and trade Evans right now, seeing how he won't be anything special in his career anyway. We can get a rebounding scrub for him, but at least he'll rebound! [/sarcasm]

A

AriesMar27

I have disagreed with you on a number of occasions regarding Tyreke being an nba pg. If he fails, I will admit it. The problem I have, and others are having, is that you can't declare the fact that Tyreke can't be a pg after only 4 games. Its not logical, objective, or fair. When the arguement becomes less logical and more about personal preference, it doesn't carry anywhere near the weight you would like it to.

again, that goes both ways... how can you claim that he can and how can some posters say that he proved that he has earned the starting spot after 4 games? and in the 1 game that we won he didnt even play in the 4th quarter or overtime.... you cant say that it was the ankle, because he played fine in the minutes that he did play. he had no problem dribbling the ball and attacking the basket. he just couldnt make a layup which has been an issue since day one. he is a suspect shooter...

but its nice to know that if either one of us is wrong we will admit to being wrong. we are all kings fans in the end...

K

Kingsguy881

again, that goes both ways... how can you claim that he can and how can some posters say that he proved that he has earned the starting spot after 4 games? and in the 1 game that we won he didnt even play in the 4th quarter or overtime.... you cant say that it was the ankle, because he played fine in the minutes that he did play. he had no problem dribbling the ball and attacking the basket. he just couldnt make a layup which has been an issue since day one. he is a suspect shooter...

but its nice to know that if either one of us is wrong we will admit to being wrong. we are all kings fans in the end...
Have you watched a game yet? Are you watching the game tonite? Have you watched any games this year at all?

A

AriesMar27

Have you watched a game yet? Are you watching the game tonite? Have you watched any games this year at all?

yes, i have watched a few games this season. all of them in fact, though i didnt watch all of the spurs or hornets game... there were better games on tv at the time.

you would think that with all of the hating that you do around here that you would have more than 380 posts

yes, i have watched a few games this season. all of them in fact, though i didnt watch all of the spurs or hornets game... there were better games on tv at the time.
dude, you cannot win against that trap. the response will either be "you CLEARLY must be an idiot because you're not seeing the same things we are seeing" or "how can you even talk without watching any games?"

a no win situation for you.

A

AriesMar27

dude, you cannot win against that trap. the response will either be "you CLEARLY must be an idiot because you're not seeing the same things we are seeing" or "how can you even talk without watching any games?"

a no win situation for you.
thats why i mentioned that he was a hater... quoting my response to someone else with nothing to add to the conversation. i was having a civil conversation for once and this hater jumps in.

its funny how his wife never posts here... she might as well make a new screen name.... she might log on one day, agree with something that i say about evans and everyone here would think that hell had just frozen over...

Except he was having trouble with the ankle and he did not look the same out there. The announcers said it looked to them like he was hobbling some on that ankle and probably shouldn't have played at all.

K

Kingsguy881

you would think that with all of the hating that you do around here that you would have more than 380 posts
Me? Hating? What am I hating on? You? You're the hater homie. All of your posts contain hate in some form or another, directed at a member of the Kings, usually either Hawes or Evans.

And I doubt you are watching the games. Nothing out of your mouth indicates you are watching, you can't even pick a certain play to talk about to back up your assertions regarding Evans or Hawes. All we hear from you is your opinion, it's never backed up with a certain instance or something during a game that tipped you off, well, anything other than what one might see on sportscenter.

K

Kingsguy881

thats why i mentioned that he was a hater... quoting my response to someone else with nothing to add to the conversation. i was having a civil conversation for once and this hater jumps in.

its funny how his wife never posts here... she might as well make a new screen name.... she might log on one day, agree with something that i say about evans and everyone here would think that hell had just frozen over...
My wife thinks you're a tool, lol. She thinks it's pointless for me to spend my time trying to enlighten you and free your mind from the one sided thinking. I argue with her that there is good in everyone. But she doesn't see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AriesMar27

okay... i dont want her to feel uncomfortable about posting because you have kinda taken over her screen name.

K

Kingsguy881

okay... i dont want her to feel uncomfortable about posting because you have kinda taken over her screen name.
Think about it this way...the pic in my profile is my daughter so she is my Kingsgurl born August 8th at 1 a.m. Kingsgurl(08-08 @1)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This thread has officially become totally without sense or reason. I've sent some warnings to people - you know who you are. It would be greatly appreciated by the other 99.44% of the board who hasn't been involved in the pissing contests if you guys would just give it a rest.

Thanks ever so.

Status
Not open for further replies.