Beli requests trade, possible trades?

Just saw this so please delete if already is a thread I couldn’t find one. Tbh I low key didn’t noticed he hasn’t played in a while, I liked what’s he’s provided the last couple years but it’s a good time to move him. He wants out and he needs to be on a contender. Maybe package him with buddy for a quaintly young coming player or a FRP. Maybe try to get Rui from the wizards for buddy and beli. Kings get another high upside young piece and wizards get more help for a playoff push to keep Beal happy.

He should of been moved draft night, value has tanked. Probably worth half of what he was worth.

Rumors that he's been shopped since draft night, think Monte got greedy.
Yea. before I think we could have gotten a couple second round picks, now its looking like it might end up being a buy out situation or straight swap. He could help a lot of teams I just don't know what they would give up. Buddy's value is also down but I think he's shown enough that teams will still be interested.

If they stay in the fringes of the playoff race, they should just trade him for whatever they can get. He isn't part of the future, and is just a spot minute player as long as HB and Bags are healthy.

But now that they're in the playoff race, it feels like they're always leaving something on the table when they have a close loss. If they start to solidify themselves as a 500 or better team, which is starting to look possible, they should consider holding on if they can't get anything better than a mid to late 2nd. He's still a rotation quality player in most matchups, and would be like a trade acquisition for a young playoff team.

He should of been moved draft night, value has tanked. Probably worth half of what he was worth.

That's an assumption. It's still better to not make a deal then get ripped off. I believe he gets moved at the deadline for a 2nd.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
The Kings have some expirings and there might just be some teams looking to shed some cap long term. As an individual piece Walton has totally cratered his value but combined those contracts could be valuable.

That's an assumption. It's still better to not make a deal then get ripped off. I believe he gets moved at the deadline for a 2nd.
What's the assumption?

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/article248652885.html

The Kings explored trades for Bjelica around the time of the November draft and will likely continue to do so as they begin to rebuild over the next two to four years with players who fit Fox’s timeline, a source said. The organization’s emphasis on developing younger players has temporarily, at least, eliminated the role of Bjelica, a 32-year-old power forward who had a career year for the Kings last season.

So do you think he had more value then or now?

Yea. before I think we could have gotten a couple second round picks, now its looking like it might end up being a buy out situation or straight swap. He could help a lot of teams I just don't know what they would give up. Buddy's value is also down but I think he's shown enough that teams will still be interested.
I liked targeting the Utah pick + Davis for him, bet we could of got a late first.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
He comes off the books either way this year so I don't think its a matter of "greed" if Monte won't just move him to low bidders. There's no harm keeping him with the team on leave if the right deal doesn't emerge. At least that makes it clear to teams he won't be a waiver wire pick up, plus gives us some insurance heaven forbid someone gets hurt. I don't think we need to worry too much about upsetting his agent right now, that guy can DIAF.

SOMEONE will want him at the deadline. I am sure of it.

I liked targeting the Utah pick + Davis for him, bet we could of got a late first.
I liked that idea, too, but I would think if a late first round pick had been on the table, Monte would have jumped. Utah ended up dumping Davis’ contract instead; it’s possible they preferred keeping the pick and the cap space.

The Sixers have a trade exception that would fit him, and potentially a need for a stretch big, but I’m not sure what they’d be willing to offer.

Ok someone will want him.

After it becoming "clear around draft time" he wasn't in our future plans, why tank his value then look to move him?

Because you wanted more, that's why.

Now you get less.

Some value does not equal maximum value. He waited too long.

What's the assumption?

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/article248652885.html

The Kings explored trades for Bjelica around the time of the November draft and will likely continue to do so as they begin to rebuild over the next two to four years with players who fit Fox’s timeline, a source said. The organization’s emphasis on developing younger players has temporarily, at least, eliminated the role of Bjelica, a 32-year-old power forward who had a career year for the Kings last season.

So do you think he had more value then or now?
I meant the assumption that McNair got greedy. His value probably has always always been a 2nd rounder.

I liked that idea, too, but I would think if a late first round pick had been on the table, Monte would have jumped. Utah ended up dumping Davis’ contract instead; it’s possible they preferred keeping the pick and the cap space.

The Sixers have a trade exception that would fit him, and potentially a need for a stretch big, but I’m not sure what they’d be willing to offer.
Utah traded back to the 27 for the 38th.

I think we could of moved up to 27 for Bjelica and let's say 35. We traded the 35 anyways.

Ok someone will want him.

After it becoming "clear around draft time" he wasn't in our future plans, why tank his value then look to move him?

Because you wanted more, that's why.

Now you get less.

Some value does not equal maximum value. He waited too long.

This doesn't make any sense. He's a vet that teams know what he can do. If we didn't get a good offer before the season, why trade him? His value hasn't diminished from that time. Teams will get injuries and/or more desperate over the next month and his value may increase. He's a ball handling 4 who shoots 40% and is a poor defender. He can give 8-16 minutes a game to a playoff team tomorrow.

Absolutely. First Bogi, now (in all likelihood) Beli... just not good asset management. I get that he's not a great fit in some ways, but you're talking about a legit 6'10" guy who shot 40% from 3 in EACH of the previous three years. As we watch HB apparently get run down from excessive minutes, hard to believe that skill alone couldn't have bought him spot relief during the last stretch of games, at least.

This doesn't make any sense. He's a vet that teams know what he can do. If we didn't get a good offer before the season, why trade him? His value hasn't diminished from that time. Teams will get injuries and/or more desperate over the next month and his value may increase. He's a ball handling 4 who shoots 40% and is a poor defender. He can give 8-16 minutes a game to a playoff team tomorrow.
Everyone knows we want to move him now, he hasn't played in a month, and hasn't looked as good as he did last year. There is no way his value right now = value that night.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Also he's an expiring so his benefits are 1) immediate roster need and 2) comes off books. #2 doesn't change for any team looking to free space next year and #1 - teams typically become more urgent to fill mid-season when injury happens, player wants out, team just wants to upgrade or expand their rotation because they suddenly find themselves in a playoff push. I don't think there was any urgency to trade Bjeli. Teams aren't trading for a young guy with upside here.

LOL. I love how people just automatically assume we rejected good offers holding out for more. It's pure speculation.
I just love how people assume that everyone knows we want to move him.....he hasn't played well or in a month...

Our GM was looking to move him around draft night

And his value certainly is equal today than before.

I just love how people assume that everyone knows we want to move him.....he hasn't played well or in a month...

Our GM was looking to move him around draft night

And his value certainly is equal today than before.
What? There are numerous reports of us attempting to trade him. What are you talking about?

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
He'll be at max-value right around the trade deadline. I don't think he had any value on draft night and he doesn't have any now. So I'll give that.

Utah traded back to the 27 for the 38th.

I think we could of moved up to 27 for Bjelica and let's say 35. We traded the 35 anyways.
ok, and correct me if I’m wrong, but did they end up taking back equivalent salary to Davis? It may be that they valued the salary reduction (allowing them to comfortably re sign Clarkson) rather than adding Bjelica.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Also it is worth mentioning, if we maintain a .500ish record and a place in the playoff race there is a fair chance we are buyers and not sellers, which changes the equation especially when shipping expirings to shore up the rotation.

ok, and correct me if I’m wrong, but did they end up taking back equivalent salary to Davis? It may be that they valued the salary reduction (allowing them to comfortably re sign Clarkson) rather than adding Bjelica.
Here's what they paid to dump Davis later

The Jazz have issued a press release officially confirming that they’ve sent Davis and two future second-rounders to New York in exchange for cash considerations.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/11/jazz-to-trade-ed-davis-to-knicks.html

I'm pretty sure they'd of loved to take on Bjelica rather than trade two future seconds.

Also it is worth mentioning, if we maintain a .500ish record and a place in the playoff race there is a fair chance we are buyers and not sellers, which changes the equation especially when shipping expirings to shore up the rotation.
That is true if you start to combine salaries like Bjelica + Parker for example for something more expensive.

Here's what they paid to dump Davis later
I'm pretty sure they'd of loved to take on Bjelica rather than trade two future seconds.
that’s where I’m not sure. They needed some salary space, from what I understand, to keep Clarkson, extend Gobert and stay under the luxury tax. Trading for Bjelica would have inhibited that.

i can’t say for certain that’s what happened. I just think it’s reasonable that the Jazz said no, and not that the kings asked for too much.

that’s where I’m not sure. They needed some salary space, from what I understand, to keep Clarkson, extend Gobert and stay under the luxury tax. Trading for Bjelica would have inhibited that.

i can’t say for certain that’s what happened. I just think it’s reasonable that the Jazz said no, and not that the kings asked for too much.
What will really suck is if Vivek takes less salary than Bjelica + cash considerations with no perk at all. Hopefully we get something.