Baja Den's final, and only 2020 2nd round mock draft:

It's funny, but I haven't mentioned Tillman at all, and he's really a solid player that can do a little bit of every thing. High BBIQ and good post defender with a nice offense to go along. Very underrated player who I think will have a long NBA career. Not a bad list though. I think Stewart goes in the first rd, but I'd certainly take him if he fell, unless Tyler Bey is there. Best help defender in college, almost to the point of being amazing. Mannion is a nice pick up in the 2nd, which is where I think he belongs, but some team will take him in the first. I wish Dotson was a better shooter. If he can develop a reasonable 3 pt shot, you'd have yourself a very good player.

While this is a weak draft at the top, there's a lot of quality deep into the 2nd rd, which sort of makes up for it..
I really like Tillman. I don't think he's a great fit for the Kings but if I'm the Mavs I'd target him. If they keep starting Porzingis (when healthy) at center, a pick and roll with Tillman & Luka with KP and two other shooters spacing the floor would be deadly.

Tillman sets great screens and makes great decisions with the ball.

It's funny, but I haven't mentioned Tillman at all, and he's really a solid player that can do a little bit of every thing. High BBIQ and good post defender with a nice offense to go along. Very underrated player who I think will have a long NBA career. Not a bad list though. I think Stewart goes in the first rd, but I'd certainly take him if he fell, unless Tyler Bey is there. Best help defender in college, almost to the point of being amazing. Mannion is a nice pick up in the 2nd, which is where I think he belongs, but some team will take him in the first. I wish Dotson was a better shooter. If he can develop a reasonable 3 pt shot, you'd have yourself a very good player.

While this is a weak draft at the top, there's a lot of quality deep into the 2nd rd, which sort of makes up for it..
If Tillman was a couple of inches taller, he would probably be a first rounder. Some mocks don't have him getting drafted at all which I find hard to believe. He's a good athlete, good defender and can really pass the ball for a big. Draymond-lite? Not as versatile I know, but he should find a place in the league.

It's certainly a good draft to have multiple second rounders in, although I doubt we will keep them all. Some players will unexpectedly fall too. Let's hope we don't pass on this years Bol.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
how is Tyler on the ball? Most of the tape of him has been weak side blocks steals etc. is he a lock down guy?
Yeah, I think he can be a lock down player in the NBA. The only area of concern with most scouts is whether his 3 pt shooting is legit or not. He shot 41% from the three last season, but only took a tick over one a game. So that part of his game remains to be seen. He's a terrific rebounder though averaging just a tick under 10 a game his last two years. That's way above average for a 6'7" SF.

As to his on the ball defense, it's very good. He's a bit stiff at times, but his instincts, and his ability to pursue make up for that. Where he really excells is in team defense. He always seems to know where to go to help, and on time.

Two sites I read a little (Babcock Hoops, the Stepien) have identified Desmond Bane as good value in the 2nd round. Good shooting range and %, bball IQ, physicality. Maybe we grab him.

Two sites I read a little (Babcock Hoops, the Stepien) have identified Desmond Bane as good value in the 2nd round. Good shooting range and %, bball IQ, physicality. Maybe we grab him.
I really like Bane but I think he's gone in the first to a playoff team looking for a plug and play guy.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I really like Bane but I think he's gone in the first to a playoff team looking for a plug and play guy.
Yeah, Bane may be flying under the radar on some of these mock draft sites, but NBA teams know how good a player he is. He's definitely a plug and play player. A team like the Lakers would never let him slide past them, and I think he'll likely go higher than their pick in the 1st rd.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
CJ Elleby caught my eye, so did Dwayne Sutton and Robert Woodard II
Not too high on Sutton. He's a 6'5" PF, which doesn't bode well for a future in the NBA. Elleby is an interesting player who is a good defender. His 3 pt shooting percentages took a dip his sophomore year. To be honest I wasn't aware if he had thrown his name into the draft, but if so, he'll likely go in the 2nd rd, or go undrafted. He's certainly two way material for some NBA team.

Woodard should go at the bottom of the 1st rd, but if he slides to us I'd certainly have to think about grabbing him. Good perimeter shooter and a good defender. Strong player who can spend some time at the PF position. He's one of my favorites in the 2nd rd.