Back-up SF

dude12

Hall of Famer
Not opposed to Brewer coming back. I’m assuming that the cap room gets ate up with the eventual signing of a center and backup PG meaning it would have to be a guy on a smaller contract. May depend on who they also sign at the other positions whether they get a defensive guy or someone who can score a bit.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I will have my eyes on Gabriel this summer maybe not as immediate backup but definitely as some deep bench help at both forward positions. Anxious to see what james looks like with actual talent around him and not the focal point. Aside from that I would be happy with Brewer as first in and bogi during some small ball lineups. I think we blow our wad on the center and the backup pg

I'd love Brewer and Omri both. I'm not sure if Casspi would come back though.

If we can spare the cap, Williams is still a potential development piece I'd like them to consider.

I will have my eyes on Gabriel this summer maybe not as immediate backup but definitely as some deep bench help at both forward positions. Anxious to see what james looks like with actual talent around him and not the focal point. Aside from that I would be happy with Brewer as first in and bogi during some small ball lineups. I think we blow our wad on the center and the backup pg
Thats pretty much my thought. I really want to see what Gabriel has to offer and think Brewer is pretty good insurance.
Kings could have gone with a SF in the draft, or maybe they believe James can play there, but perhaps they believe they already have their SF backups on the team.
With Barnes on board I too want to see the dollors go to the 1 and 5.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Thats pretty much my thought. I really want to see what Gabriel has to offer and think Brewer is pretty good insurance.
Kings could have gone with a SF in the draft, or maybe they believe James can play there, but perhaps they believe they already have their SF backups on the team.
With Barnes on board I too want to see the dollors go to the 1 and 5.
Yeah they seem to be big on multi position players. James can go 2 or 3

dude12

Hall of Famer
If our second unit is Joseph, Bogi, SF, Giles, Bjelica or other.....I’d lean to a guy like Hood who can create his own shot. Defense like Brewer is good but you got to be able to score a little too.

Stanley Johnson for me the guy is a bull on defense I'd still bring Brewer back as the 3rd option at both SG/SF
Yeah, this would be a great low-cost signing. Johnson is already really good on defense, but he hasn't been able to figure out the offensive end in the slightest. Still just 22, really good athlete that would run well with the young guys, has the ever elusive 3/4 flex player potential. Sign me up

I brought him up in the SL thread but I'm interested to see what Marcus Derrickson does this summer with the Kings. He had some really nice showings in limited opportunities with the Warriors last year. He can play in the post and on the perimeter.

What was up with Shumpert after he got traded? He was awful for the Rockets. His inconsistency is kind of scary. Seems like every other year he bounces from 35% to 27% from beyond the arc.
He's a good guy though and our players like him.. The chemistry he brought is worth more than what he gave us in the stat sheet imo. Everyone spoke very highly of him... Everyone.