Ask The Person Below

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoGoGadget said:
I'm Sicillian (1/4) and we have ravioli on Thanksgiving every year along with the traditional meal.

Growing up, all my little friends thought it was weird, but I can't imagine a holiday meal without ravs. I brought them to Thanksgiving dinner with the other side of the family (Swedes) and there were plenty of comments about my rather untraditional contribution to the family meal -- but there was not one bit of pasta left. Even the sauce had been sopped up with bread.

What's your family tradition(s) that may be a little outsie of the norm?
No real outside of the norm traditions for me, we are pretty normal in that respect

Which Sacramento King (of past or present) would you most like to have dinner with, and why?

ReinadelosReys said:
No real outside of the norm traditions for me, we are pretty normal in that respect

Which Sacramento King (of past or present) would you most like to have dinner with, and why?
mitch richmond because he's my favorite player of all time!

what is the dominant meat on your thanksgiving table? turkey or ham?

Yeah, I actually shop on Black Friday. The absolute best time to shop on Black Friday and the Saturday following is dinner time, check it out.

Do you do anything unique at Christmastime with family or friends?

::tries to think of something unique::

Nah, I think we're pretty normal, run of the mill holiday celebrating group. Lots of family, lots get-togethers, religious involvement etc...

Good question: Same, next person

When we were children, yes, but now every Christmas is totally different as far as how it is spent, so no, we don't do traditions anymore.

Do you think Christmas is far too much about materialism and greed?

RoyalDiva said:
When we were children, yes, but now every Christmas is totally different as far as how it is spent, so no, we don't do traditions anymore.

Do you think Christmas is far too much about materialism and greed?
Yes now that im an adult and I have to actually buy things instead of just get things for people.:p

Is it freakin cold or what?!?

slugking, I was just gonna answer Serbprincess's question, but you beat me to the punch! So I'll answer yours...

My mom is Canadian, grew up in Oak River, Manitoba...the plains. I lived in B.C. with my grandparents for a short time, during a winter, when I was a teenager. Let me tell you, it was COLD! I was thinking this as I was investigating what
-13 C was in real temperature (farenheit).

So yes, Canadians are crazy to stay! But Canadian's are also very loyal...

Describe your most memorable experience of being chilled to the bone.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wading through hip deep snow to go up to the local store, not realizing it would take almost an hour to get there. Luckily, I made it home but shivered for a long time.

What do you think Ken Jennings will do now that he's finally been beaten on Jeopardy?

VF21 said:
Wading through hip deep snow to go up to the local store, not realizing it would take almost an hour to get there. Luckily, I made it home but shivered for a long time.

What do you think Ken Jennings will do now that he's finally been beaten on Jeopardy?
Go back to his job like nothing happened.

If its going to be 30 degrees... Shouldnt it be snowing?

I've always been a fan of the game, but never was one to root for a specific team, Could pick who I liked out of a particular match up, but was not emotionally tied to the outcome of the game. Something about our boys, though, went and made me the type to have a heart attack during most games.

I'm feeling most uncreative tonight, so I'll continue with the same question.

I just started watching the 1998 NBA Playoffs out of boredom one night and fell in love with the game. And then the Kings eight months later!

What is the ugliest outfit or clothing item you've seen someone wearing recently?

I'm obsessed with.....having an obsession.

Every so often, something comes along and for a brief moment, its the best and most important thing in the world and I have to know everthing about it. Then, it passes and I move on to something else. Friends and family have learned to deal with it -- it has never gotten to the stalking stage or anything. The things that remain important to me for a few years (basketball, Angie, photography, etc.) are looked at by everyone as the real deal.

What's the worst Christmas present you've received as an adult (or, recently, if you're not an adult yet)?

Status
Not open for further replies.