Are we actually the worst team heading into next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though Orlando's projected to win a few more games than the Kings, and they have my guy Mo Bamba, I think you can chalk that up to being in the east.

They have a similar imbalance in their roster structure. They've got older, less flexible, more costly peices though, and they lack the franchise PG we have in Fox.

the grass isn't greener everywhere you look!!

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Nets, clippers, and magic are all garbage. We can probably beat one of those teams once this year. Fingers crossed.
The Clipps have something that the Kings have not found as yet - GRIT. The Kings are grit-less at this time, whereas the Clipps have plenty. That means a lot in the NBA, where there is so little talent is separating so many teams. Beverly, Bradley, Harell, Harris - those guys get after you.

Easily bottom 5. I think it's gonna be tough to crack 25 wins with this roster.

We won't be tanking this year, but I don't think that'll make much of a difference. We weren't really tanking last season either and we were still turrible.
Management/Coaches tank. Players don't. I think the FO and coaches tried to tank last season, but the players were doing everything they could to win a game here and there. That's a positive sign.

No way they are one of the deepest teams in the NBA while they have no superstar they are easily a 500. or above team to me assuming health and would be a lock for the playoffs in the East

PG: Beverly/SGA/Teodosic
SG: Bradley/Lou Williams/Beverly
SF: Danillo/LRMAM/Harris/Wes Johnson
PF: Harris/Mike Scott/Harrell
C: Gortat/Harell/Boban

They are literally 3 deep at every position of guys who have started or would be starting elsewhere don't sleep on the Clippers unless they make massive trades which they could to try land a all star.
Good thing they have the depth because only 1/3 will be available on game nights due to injury.

As a life long Kings fan and a premium STH (will not renew after this season), I have never felt worse going into a season. Sure we've got a few young talented pieces but come the **** on Sac. When will this front office get this team over the hump? Over a decade in the lottery and we have yet to find the guy to get this team back on track? We're the Clippers of the 90's. The laughing stock of the NBA. We've got the worst Owner/GM duo in all of sports. Kings fans deserve better.

They could end up with the worst record since they play in the west. Whether they are worse than Atlanta or Orlando? Hard to say right now. The lack of a first round pick may make them the most dire team this season.

I lately wonder if the organization really understands where they are right now. They are obviously worse than they were two years ago. The latest "rebuild" in a decade of continual rebuilds is as jumbled up and nonsensical as all the rest. I've said before that for something to be a rebuild, there must be something built for it to replace. The Kings haven't built anything for over a decade. They aren't rebuilding. They're just pointless.

And eventually that thread between the team and the city's fans is going to break. It's amazing that it hasn't yet already. The Maloofs tried to run the fans out by being cheap so they could eventually sell the team, but that triggered a survival attitude in the fandom. The current situation is absolute hopelessness combined with redundancy. I see the same losing pattern repeating from now to eternity. Eventually the fans will revolt, either by never showing up or by getting visibly angry. I mean they just got booed in a pre-season game. Who gets booed in pre-season? What's worse than that? Not enough fans to even hear the boos.

I'd say the franchise is about a year away from sort of NBA intervention like the Sixers got.

The Clipps have something that the Kings have not found as yet - GRIT. The Kings are grit-less at this time, whereas the Clipps have plenty. That means a lot in the NBA, where there is so little talent is separating so many teams. Beverly, Bradley, Harell, Harris - those guys get after you.
Grit or no, theyre going to lose alot of games. Theyre better than us, sure. I doubt their ability to score points over a season.

Yes, we absolutely are the worst team heading into the season, with the worst possible draft situation next season, imo. However...we don’t have the least talented roster, we don’t have the worst payroll, and we have a group of players that are looking to prove themselves. Could be fun to watch, at least. Plus, there’s always the 50% chance that everyone’s fired and traded and were back at square 0 because were the Kings, and life needs excitement. Which is always fun

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
the hawks just let up 49 points in the 2nd quarter to the porzingis-less knicks...
Their starting lineup for tonight:
Vince Carter (old, serviceable 11th man off the bench type)/Taurean Prince (one of a few legitimate prospects)/Alex Len (former backup center for the Phoenix Suns. Bad)/Kent Bazemore (one of those dudes bolstered for years by playing for Bud)/Trae Young (Their best prospect. Sometimes can look crappy).

Sure they're missing a couple of guys but when your excuse for getting obliterated on opening night is "We're missing Dewayne Dedmon", you're not in good shape. And people still think they're better than us.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Sure they're missing a couple of guys but when your excuse for getting obliterated on opening night is "We're missing Dewayne Dedmon", you're not in good shape. And people still think they're better than us.
It wasn't too long ago that people were eating Tide Pods on purpose, so I'm not sure I really trust the judgment of people.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I think we may be at the point where the Memphis Grizzles just aren't that good anymore. They're trying to play a more modern style and I don't think that works with the roster they've constructed. Marc is older. Mike Conley has had a lot of injuries and Chandler Parsons may have been the worst FA signing in Grizzlies history.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
well if they can continue with this pace and the young players don't tire out before the all-star break, maybe they can establish an identity and run teams out of the gym considering all the youth that's playing. It's about time the Kings establish what they are and who they want to be and stick with it in the present and future.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
That pace stat is totally what I thought was needed for this team, so I'm lovin' it. Joerger did what he said he'd do - turn the thoroughbreds loose. The Kings now have an identity, something they haven't had for over a decade. This is a great foundation to build on going forward and their future personnel decisions should be made in accordance with their new fast paced identity.

Small sample size but it's looking like a lot of the teams that tanked last year in fact still suck.

We gonna be fine.
I remembered a lot of fans being envious of the Suns over the summer. On paper, they look great with Dayton and booker but they’ve been terrible despite how good those two are

Status
Not open for further replies.