Are we actually the worst team heading into next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about how our roster is set up and looking at other teams, who are we actually better than?

PHX is a big maybe. After that I can’t think of any teams I want to say magic, and hornets

The possible worst teams are: Kings, Suns, Magic, and Hawks.

I think the Suns will try to win, so I put them above the Kings. Not sure what to make of Hawks and Magic.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the Kings will have some fierce competition for that title, Phoenix, Brooklyn, New York but it's going to be fun watching Zion Williamson play for someone next year, he's a man child at 18.

They'll pick up a handful of wins at the end of the year against the tankers which will make people think they're better than they actually were when they look at the record at the end of the season.

Suns added Ariza/Ayton and Anderson and they have two guys who can get 18-25ppg in Booker and Warren zero chance we are better than the Suns barring a massive rash of injuries, they also now have great floor spacing with Ariza/Cannon/Anderson/Daniels/Bridges/Arthur. Also there bigs of Ayton/Chandler/Holmes can physically match any team in the L unlike our weak/small.....whatever else Joerger called them.

the Kings will have some fierce competition for that title, Phoenix, Brooklyn, New York but it's going to be fun watching Zion Williamson play for someone next year, he's a man child at 18.
Pass on Zion. I’ve probably watched 15 highlight videos of his and I’m not sure if I’ve seen one highlight that wasn’t just a dunk on someone much smaller than him.

Pass on Zion. I’ve probably watched 15 highlight videos of his and I’m not sure if I’ve seen one highlight that wasn’t just a dunk on someone much smaller than him.
I’m buying the Zion hype. He dunks on player much smaller than him because no one is biggger than him. Duke lists him at 6’7” 280lbs. To put that into perspective Boban is the heaviest NBA player st 7’3 290lbs. Williams is a freak

The truth is the bad teams in the NBA, the lower tier squads, are considerably better than most years past, it's just the good teams are even better than many of years past good teams, tbph, thats the state of affairs these days. the nature of the threat is just absurd.

The Kings aren't gonna win the championship this year, get over it guys :D Lets enjoy the ride.

The Kings face the toughest road this season. The Hawks or Knicks might be worse, but they don’t want to be good.

The Kings play 60% of their games against West teams that aren’t Phoenix. Based upon the odds, they should loose they vast majority of those games. There are fellow dregs in the east, but half of those will require a young team to win on the road. That’s a tall task. They will buck the odds many nights, but at some point math and ability to win most games control.

If Fox can play 78 games, it’s going to be rough. Based upon how often he was knicked up and his build, it’s fair to wonder how many games Fox will play. If Fox misses much time, yikes

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Sure, he can't do much right now except dunk but with his measurables and the fact that he is a physical specimen we haven't seen since probably Bron, he will be must watch TV IMO

To answer the OP's question, I hope not. I think there's a chance but I don't think preseason is a good indicator of where we truly are. Coach was playing 10-12 guys every night and some players will never see the floor when the regular season starts.

I'm going to hope it gets down to an 8-9 man rotation with some players getting at least 35 minutes a game. I think when the regular season comes coach will commit to a solid core and move forward.

Also in the preseason we have not really seen Randolph, Koufos, or Shumpert much. As much as we don't want those guys to hog all the minutes, they can contribute to wins.

TL;DR- I think the Kings will be the 4th worst team in the NBA this season. If they were in the East, they'd probably be the 8th worst team.

Yeah I forgot all about the Cavs roster. Are they going to win 30 games?
As far as win total and 30 games, them being in the east is easier, but it' gonna take a monster season from their rookie PG to pull that off.

Similarly, I think the Kings are gonna need a big season from Marvin to hit 30 wins.

If you're worried about over-unders(betting) this is an interesting topic. If I was just a hardcore Kings fan, i wouldnt pay it much mind. Their not gonna make the playoffs, their not gonna win the championship, their not gonna get a top pick, this year is about the ride not the destination.

If you're worried about over-unders(betting) this is an interesting topic. If I was just a hardcore Kings fan, i wouldnt pay it much mind. Their not gonna make the playoffs, their not gonna win the championship, their not gonna get a top pick, this year is about the ride not the destination.
Yeah it’s going to be an interesting year. I do think we have to show enough potential we can fill our hole at 3 with a free agent.

To answer the OP's question, I hope not. I think there's a chance but I don't think preseason is a good indicator of where we truly are. Coach was playing 10-12 guys every night and some players will never see the floor when the regular season starts.

I'm going to hope it gets down to an 8-9 man rotation with some players getting at least 35 minutes a game. I think when the regular season comes coach will commit to a solid core and move forward.

Also in the preseason we have not really seen Randolph, Koufos, or Shumpert much. As much as we don't want those guys to hog all the minutes, they can contribute to wins.

TL;DR- I think the Kings will be the 4th worst team in the NBA this season. If they were in the East, they'd probably be the 8th worst team.
I think we will be pressed to only play 10 especially when Bogi comes back.

Mason will have to play. He’s been our best guard all pre season and it’s not close. Yogi has also been good.

Guards: Fox, Bogi, Buddy, Mason, Yogi

Bigs: Giles, Bagley, WCS, Beli, somebody at 3

There is no reason to dwell on the team's rank.

It was not that long ago that the Kings had 3 players in their starting line-up that averaged over 20 points a game. Cousins, Gay and Thomas.
In the last 5 years they have been rebulding, and now are at the bottom of the league. They have plenty of good athletes, but no veteran presence and little leadership. Those voids need to be filled as quickly as possible. The team has plenty of players with similar talents that could be traded for a veteran wing player. In the meantime, they need emergency training on defense and focus on rebounding. Once they get that in motion that can be competitive with the majority of teams in the league. Until then not so much.

Last edited:
Probably around 20-25 games won is where I put us at. No way we go over 30. If we were in between 28-32 wins I would be singing in the rain lol. Seems every year we are "rebuilding" and I, along with many others, are tired of using rebuilding as an excuse for the reason we suck. Ahh well, it's still my team, and I will still watch. Maybe not GO to many games (if any this year) but I will watch them on TV.

Last edited:

gunks

Hall of Famer
Easily bottom 5. I think it's gonna be tough to crack 25 wins with this roster.

We won't be tanking this year, but I don't think that'll make much of a difference. We weren't really tanking last season either and we were still turrible.

Nets, clippers, and magic are all garbage. We can probably beat one of those teams once this year. Fingers crossed.
No way they are one of the deepest teams in the NBA while they have no superstar they are easily a 500. or above team to me assuming health and would be a lock for the playoffs in the East

PG: Beverly/SGA/Teodosic
SG: Bradley/Lou Williams/Beverly
SF: Danillo/LRMAM/Harris/Wes Johnson
PF: Harris/Mike Scott/Harrell
C: Gortat/Harell/Boban

They are literally 3 deep at every position of guys who have started or would be starting elsewhere don't sleep on the Clippers unless they make massive trades which they could to try land a all star.

Next year will be the year we finally get the 1st pick in the draft. So great we put ourselves in the position to be the worst team in the league this season. Oh wait...

Easily bottom 5. I think it's gonna be tough to crack 25 wins with this roster.

We won't be tanking this year, but I don't think that'll make much of a difference. We weren't really tanking last season either and we were still turrible.
I would argue that we were tanking last year :D

Status
Not open for further replies.