All-Purpose MLB Thread! (2019-2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something comforting about a closer that hits triple digits. Kids got a future for sure.

Not this season, but I think you start working him in high leverage situations and eventually make the transition at some point next year. It's been 12 awesome innings for sure in the 2nd half of the year, but we can't just forget his 1st half either. And honestly, Rogers is the perfect bridge until he's ready to go.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Not this season, but I think you start working him in high leverage situations and eventually make the transition at some point next year. It's been 12 awesome innings for sure in the 2nd half of the year, but we can't just forget his 1st half either. And honestly, Rogers is the perfect bridge until he's ready to go.
Rogers is terrible in the 9th. No thank you there, leave him setting up. McGee is a superior bridge.

Not to be a complainer but is Kazmir really the best Sacramento has to offer? I’m not even thinking we need to throw a raw A ball arm to the fire..but there must be some late 20’s arm in Sac that’s better than Kazmir but maybe not

To be fair to Kazmir…Austin Slater does have a problem not taking charge in the outfield. Jon Miller was harping on it on the radio feed

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Not to be a complainer but is Kazmir really the best Sacramento has to offer? I’m not even thinking we need to throw a raw A ball arm to the fire..but there must be some late 20’s arm in Sac that’s better than Kazmir but maybe not
Going through the River Cats roster …

-Matt Shoemaker (mid-30s, mediocre/bad minors numbers)
-Logan Andrusek (mid-30s, mediocre/bad minors numbers)
-Sean Hjelle (prospect, bad first season in AAA),
-Ronnie Williams (25, solid numbers through his minors career)
-Sammy Long (seems to have stuff, hasn’t really translated to the bigs)

Status
Not open for further replies.