A little birdie told me

I am not a very paitent person. :mad:

And I am surprised a/this ROY announcement hasn't leaked yet, well anywhere but here...

[yt=waiting]u2mqqCMu-LM[/yt]

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
ROY Surprise
by Tom Fullery
Inquirer Staff Writer

Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry, Brandon Jennings, the names have been familiar all season, the debate at times heated. With the NBA's rookie of the year award to be announced on Monday, which one of the star first year players would take home the award?

As it turns out, none of them.

It was another name altogether.

Cleveland Cavaliers first year forward Danny Green has been announced as the 2009-2010 T-Mobile Rookie of the Year in what can only be termed a stunning upset.

"It was really his team's record that did it for me," said one voter. "I had Brandon a close second, but really now, the Bucks won 46 games, while the Cavs won 61. You can't vote against team success."

When it was suggested that LeBron James might have had more to do with the Cavaliers record than Green, who averaged 2.0pts on 38.5% shooting, another voter noted the things that don't appear in the boxscore.

"Who do you think was shagging all those balls for LeBron in practice?" said a local broadcaster. "Who do you think brought the King his coffee just the way he liked it to get him off to good starts in the mornings?"

"Sometimes there is more to team than just "I", and its long overdue that this league recognizes it."

Another voter who said he switched his vote from Stephen Curry at the final moment noted Green's strong play in the second half of the season, including an explosive 3pt 3reb game on March 6th against Jennings' Bucks.

continued...

This is getting ridiculous. Is there really any upside to the NBA keeping the release date of the awards secret? What's the point?
They always dole these out over the course of the playoffs starting with the least interesting and ending with MVP. As I recall, they seem to do one a week. I'm not sure where ROY falls in the ranking.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just ran into David Stern at Panda Express for lunch and he said Tyreke is the ROY.... official announcement coming soon!!!!!!
Damn Stern... I had to wait 15 minutes because he took the last of the orange chicken. He hurts my life on and off the court...