A little birdie told me

Why should I have assumed that he meant Pacific time? I'm not in California; FakeInjury's location is not listed in his profile... We have posters from all over the United States, and several other countries, most notably, as of late, Israel. Is it unreasonable to expect that other people not assume that every body here is reading this forum from California?
This is good schtick. I like it

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'd meant to add this as an edit, before my ISP crapped out on me:

I didn't actually expect there to be an announcement between 1400 and 1500 EST. I'm just mildly annoyed that FakeInjury took it for granted that when he said "around 2 or 3," that every body else would assume that he meant "around 2 or 3, PST," and I decided to be a dick about it.
So... there you go; would have taken you less than a second to add "PST," that's all I'm saying.

Why should I have assumed that he meant Pacific time? I'm not in California; FakeInjury's location is not listed in his profile... We have posters from all over the United States, and several other countries, most notably, as of late, Israel. Is it unreasonable to expect that other people not assume that every body here is reading this forum from California?

Kingsfans.com

Kings=Sacramento

Sacramento=PST

QED

But you could assume the award is being given to someone on the west coast. California in particular...

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I think your point is a fair one Slim but most of the time us West Coasters get the shaft on timing conventions, so excuse us a bit when we get a legitimate chance to act like the world revolves around us.

My worry is that they are purposely extending the wait so votes could be changed to Curry, which would be completely unfair, especially if Curry somehow gets it. I wouldn't watch any NBA game ever again until Stern was long gone. To win it outright, I can deal with, but with constant propaganda from the GSW I am just beyond angry. It's not how well your team shows you off, it's how well you show off yourself. If Evans loses this (which would be almost criminal in my eyes), it would be hard to convince me that it was not a set-up.

My worry is that they are purposely extending the wait so votes could be changed to Curry, which would be completely unfair, especially if Curry somehow gets it. I wouldn't watch any NBA game ever again until Stern was long gone. To win it outright, I can deal with, but with constant propaganda from the GSW I am just beyond angry. It's not how well your team shows you off, it's how well you show off yourself. If Evans loses this (which would be almost criminal in my eyes), it would be hard to convince me that it was not a set-up.

The votes were due last Thursday, I believe. It is just a matter of rolling out the award.

The votes were due last Thursday, I believe. It is just a matter of rolling out the award.

The votes were supposed to be due last thurs. Hope there is really no tampering.

In the past yrs, ROY, COY, DPY, MIP are announced in the same week in April. MVP & 6th man comes in May with 6th man being the last award. Not sure why there is such a delay for ROY this particular yr.

The votes were supposed to be due last thurs. Hope there is really no tampering.

In the past yrs, ROY, COY, DPY, MIP are announced in the same week in April. MVP & 6th man comes in May with 6th man being the last award. Not sure why there is such a delay for ROY this particular yr.
I only know this because I just got through looking for the dates that the ROY is usually announced, but back in 2007, Brandon Roy's wasn't announced until May 3rd. So there's a hole in that argument...

I can wait this thing out.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I don't think the NBA is doing itself any favors, again, with the not announcing the dates beforehand thing. They have perennial problems understanding that transparency breeds trust. I mean, what is the possible value of secrecy on bleeping post season award announcements compared to that? I'm sure they are thinking ooh, pins and needles and all that, but its more like senseless aggravation and distrust.

Just to support your point and get out from post 1984, I am in Argentina right now.

I really don't want to further perpetuate the paranoia going around, but: why on earth is the RoY not even listed in the awards section of the official homepage? I hate having to wait. Imho, the only reason for the NBA to wait so long to announce the winner is that this one might actually be the closest race, although it shouldn't be. Admittedly, the other awards are really all complete no-brainers, just that this one is as well, but is apparently not perceived as such.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I really don't want to further perpetuate the paranoia going around, but: why on earth is the RoY not even listed in the awards section of the official homepage? I hate having to wait. Imho, the only reason for the NBA to wait so long to announce the winner is that this one might actually be the closest race, although it shouldn't be. Admittedly, the other awards are really all complete no-brainers, just that this one is as well, but is apparently not perceived as such.
I guess for some reason Kia doesn't sponsor the ROY -- must be somebody else. T-Mobile perhaps? In any case you can see form the pictures of last year's award winners its just 4 of them, and no Rose, so guess they just don't do it.

As an aside, I did not even know Landry was one of the finalists for the Most Improved. Makes sense of course. And ironic that that old coach of ours who was always accused of never developing anybody had tow of the 4 finalists.

I guess for some reason Kia doesn't sponsor the ROY -- must be somebody else. T-Mobile perhaps? In any case you can see form the pictures of last year's award winners its just 4 of them, and no Rose, so guess they just don't do it.

As an aside, I did not even know Landry was one of the finalists for the Most Improved. Makes sense of course. And ironic that that old coach of ours who was always accused of never developing anybody had tow of the 4 finalists.
I thought T-Mobile sponsored the 'Wade-Barkley' award. :D