6 team deal (Bonzi to NY) .. anybody else hear this? (likely debunked)

I just don't see Petrie doing this...
I know what you are getting at, but it gives us more rebounding and hustle at the C/F spot and depth at shooting guard. KMart now has more of a chance to develop. With Bonzi, his time would have always been limited. Maybe the rumor is fake, but its a solid trade in my opinion if it isnt.

Thinking it over, ultimately I'd be cool with this deal for us if it goes down.

If this ends up happening then I will be fine with it. It provides more depth and more outside shooting while giving us a solid backup center. However, I doubt that this deal will go down exactly as laid out in the first post.
Gotta agree there

Jackson has 4 more years on his deal :eek:

I think I would take the Euro over him. We don't really need another offensive minded swing player.

Also, the combined salaries of Jax and Foster are about 14 million so Bonzi would be getting a hell of a contract......leave it up to the Bricks!!!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Damn guys....if there was ANY player in the entire league I would not want to reteam Artest with, I mean, really. Maybe J.O. just because fo the known conflict. But nearly 400 guys in the league and we would actually trade for maybe the first or second most dangerous one for our franchise player to be around? :eek:

Honestly, I thought him and Bonzi wouldn't get along at first. But Stephen and Ron have had history. Maybe we could deal Steven and Hart/KT to another team.

I just checked an Atlanta board and they actually referenced this board as the "leak" for the rumor and even provided a link :D. None of them heard this on the aforementioned station and mentioned how the guys on the radio now were discussing how pimping is a real job in some parts of the country :p

Golden State Incoming:
Al Harrington (S&T about $10 million per)
Total incoming: about $10,000,000

Golden State Outgoing:
Troy Murphy ($8,285,714)
Andris Biedrins ($1,986,680)
Total outgoing: $10,272,394

Indianapolis Incoming:
Troy Murphy ($8,285,714)
Eduardo Najera ($4,571,430)
Total Incoming: $12,857,144

Indianapolis Outgoing:
Stephen Jackson ($6,120,000)
Jeff Foster ($5,225,000)
Total Outgoing: $11,345,000

New York Incoming:
Kenyon Martin ($11,818,182)
Bonzi Wells (about $9,000,000)
Total Incoming: $20,818,182

New York Outgoing:
Steve Francis ($15,070,000)
Total Outgoing: $15,070,000
>>>>this doesn't work

Denver Incoming:
Steve Francis ($15,070,000)
Total Incoming: $15,070,000

Denver Outgoing:
Andre Miller ($8,633,333)
Eduardo Najera ($4,571,430)
Kenyon Martin ($11,818,182)
Total Outgoing: $25,022,945
>>>this doesn't work

Atlanta Incoming:
Andre Miller ($8,633,333)
Andris Biedrins ($1,986,680)
Total Incoming: $10,620,013

Atlanta Outgoing:
Al Harrington (about $10,000,000)
Total Outgoing: about $10,000,000

Sacramento Outgoing:
Bonzi Wells ($9,000,000)
Total Outgoing: $9,000,000

Sacramento Incoming:
Stephen Jackson ($6,120,000)
Jeff Foster ($5,225,000)
Total Incoming: $11,345,000

So..... in order for this to work, New York also needs to send another player to Denver. Maybe Maurice Taylor's expiring?

I'm not the guy that argues for a veteran SG consistently -- that's Kings113.

I argue for the veteran tough guy/stud that we already have.

...for off the bench to replace Bonzi's expereince if we lose him. That's when I bring it up, Brick. Just think that's a nice option to utilize and to give Ron some experience with him in the swingmen rotation (kevin starts).

Going the Artest and 3 kids way is fine too, but you'd just have to hope 1 or 2 of the kids don't have more than two or three bad stretches. In the playoffs, hopefully not more than one.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
The one that happens to be on the decline of his career? Oh. ;)

Yes, the one that your average 15 yr old who thinks college guys all have ED and prostrate problems thinks is on the decline of his career.

For the rest of us, it would be the guy right in the heart of his prime contending years. The guy the same age as Duncan or KG, maybe a year or two older than Kobe.

Yes, the one that your average 15 yr old who thinks college guys all have ED and prostrate problems thinks is on the decline of his career.

For the rest of us, it would be the guy right in the heart of his prime contending years. The guy the same age as Duncan or KG, maybe a year or two older than Kobe.
The same one who was the epitome of "underachiever" except in contract years?

This Trade is bogus! Do not spend your time with this one! Why would Denver want Steve Francis :eek: Though, I believe it is a great trade for sac, foster and jackson...........sold

So is the deal happening?
No
this is talk
A deal is likely to happen
These details all come from very questionalbe sources and as is the math does not work

Nevermind the rational behind not siging Bonzi to a 9 mill deal just to trade him for 11 mill in long contracts that give you a middling back up center and the one player that can make your star go compleetly nuts ESPCIALLY after you just traded the ONE PLAYER he has said he wants to see back.

Yeah, the New York Post doesn't think Denver would want Francis:

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/broken_nose_cant_slow_down_robinson_knicks_marc_berman.htm

An NBA source said Isiah Thomas had a conversation recently with Denver about Kenyon Martin but is completely turned off because the Nuggets only want expiring contracts, unwilling to take back a big contract such as Steve Francis'. Thomas wants no part of adding another $70 million in payroll unless he can shed Francis' or Jerome James' pacts.
Seems fair to me though, bad contract for bad contract.