4 team blockbuster trade that works out for everyone

G

godsthename

New Orleans trades: PG Baron Davis(19.7 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 7.3 apg in 33.8 minutes) New Orleans receives: Glenn Robinson(No games yet played in 2004/05) Change in team outlook: -19.7 ppg, -3.9 rpg, and -7.3 apg.
Sacramento trades: SF Peja Stojakovic(19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes) Sacramento receives: C Samuel Dalembert(6.9 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 0.5 apg in 23.6 minutes) PF Donyell Marshall(10.6 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24.3 minutes) Change in team outlook: -2.2 ppg, +8.9 rpg, and -0.3 apg.
Philadelphia trades: C Samuel Dalembert(6.9 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 0.5 apg in 23.6 minutes) Glenn Robinson(No games yet played in 2004/05) Philadelphia receives: PG Baron Davis(19.7 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 7.3 apg in 33.8 minutes) C Loren Woods(4.2 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 0.4 apg in 16.5 minutes) PF Matt Bonner(7.2 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.5 apg in 17.3 minutes) Change in team outlook: +24.2 ppg, +5.5 rpg, and +7.7 apg.
Toronto trades: PF Donyell Marshall(10.6 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24.3 minutes) C Loren Woods(4.2 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 0.4 apg in 16.5 minutes) PF Matt Bonner(7.2 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.5 apg in 17.3 minutes) Toronto receives: SF Peja Stojakovic(19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes) Change in team outlook: -2.3 ppg, -10.5 rpg, and -0.1 apg.

It took me forever but i think its a decent trade. We trade peja and get defense from marshall and dalembert off the bench. Philly would do it because they get rid of glen and recieve baron so ai can move back to sg. Toronto does it because peja has one more year left on his contract. New orleans season is done and they are not impressed with baron so they trade him for glens contract which is up after this year.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Decent for the Kings maybe for the others - I don't think so.

What GM in the right state of mind would trade Davis for the"big dog" ?

That actually is one of the better and more comprehensible trade scenarios I have seen. And although trading Baron for Big Dog would seem foolish on talent alone, New Orleans want to clear cap room and Big Dog's contract comes off the books after the season so that trade completely makes sense for all teams involved.

godsthename said:
New Orleans trades: PG Baron Davis(19.7 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 7.3 apg in 33.8 minutes) New Orleans receives: Glenn Robinson(No games yet played in 2004/05) Change in team outlook: -19.7 ppg, -3.9 rpg, and -7.3 apg.
Sacramento trades: SF Peja Stojakovic(19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes) Sacramento receives: C Samuel Dalembert(6.9 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 0.5 apg in 23.6 minutes) PF Donyell Marshall(10.6 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24.3 minutes) Change in team outlook: -2.2 ppg, +8.9 rpg, and -0.3 apg.
Philadelphia trades: C Samuel Dalembert(6.9 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 0.5 apg in 23.6 minutes) Glenn Robinson(No games yet played in 2004/05) Philadelphia receives: PG Baron Davis(19.7 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 7.3 apg in 33.8 minutes) C Loren Woods(4.2 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 0.4 apg in 16.5 minutes) PF Matt Bonner(7.2 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.5 apg in 17.3 minutes) Change in team outlook: +24.2 ppg, +5.5 rpg, and +7.7 apg.
Toronto trades: PF Donyell Marshall(10.6 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24.3 minutes) C Loren Woods(4.2 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 0.4 apg in 16.5 minutes) PF Matt Bonner(7.2 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.5 apg in 17.3 minutes) Toronto receives: SF Peja Stojakovic(19.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 38.3 minutes) Change in team outlook: -2.3 ppg, -10.5 rpg, and -0.1 apg.

It took me forever but i think its a decent trade. We trade peja and get defense from marshall and dalembert off the bench. Philly would do it because they get rid of glen and recieve baron so ai can move back to sg. Toronto does it because peja has one more year left on his contract. New orleans season is done and they are not impressed with baron so they trade him for glens contract which is up after this year.
I'd certainly do it but I don't see why NO would trade Baron Davis for Glenn Robinson. They would get cap space next year but who would want to go to NO to play???

TXSactoFan said:
philadelphia doesnt need another pt gaurd....
Ummm, AI is not a true point guard. Philly has made it known that it wants Davis so that it can move AI to the 2 guard and IMO a healthy backourt of AI and Davis would be amazing.

PFFT! weak trade period
thank god your not the gm for the kings. give up alot of talent in peja for sam d. and dmarshall... i'd rather have artest than those 2.

G

godsthename

KMart23 said:
PFFT! weak trade period
thank god your not the gm for the kings. give up alot of talent in peja for sam d. and dmarshall... i'd rather have artest than those 2.
weak trade. what about our weak defense. offense sells tickets defense wins championships. and if you havent noticed both dalembert and marshall can block shots and rebound, plus marshall is more than decent from behind the arc. I will admit i want peja to stay but if he does go i would rather have marshall and dalembert instead of paul pierce or odom. although if odom fit in good with the system they would be dominant.

It's a nice trade for two reasons: 1) It helps answer some of the Kings needs at this time while still providing some scoring in Marshall; and 2) If it doesn't work out with Marshall and Dalembert then nothing is lost since Marshall's deal is up at the end of the year and Dalembert is guaranteed a qualifying offer from the team next year at a little more than 1 mill.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I am very wary of any trade that trades away talent and gets less in retunr. Talent is a precious resource, it should be treated like it. When you're in a small market like Sacto, reloading on big name free agents isn't likely an option, so once you get somebody with a load of talent, you have to be real careful about trading them away. Dalembert would have to develop into a real stud to make this an equal swap on that front.

it just seems like Toronto would trade away like their whole team just to get Peja...lol...they'd lose Matt who i think has done big things for them...Donyell has been on the trade block for awhile so apparently they wouldn't mind gettting him

as for Baron going to Philly...could you imagine a backcourt of Baron Davis (given he's healthy) and AI...YIKES!! At the same time i really can't see Baron and AI coexisting on the same team...just what i think

Dalembert is pretty talented. I don't know what his role would be, he would be an expensive option just to back up Brad in the future seeing that we have Songalia already backing up Webber. Dalembert has great rebounding and shot blocking skills from the games I've watched (minimal) with him in it. I don't think we can pry him away though. Marshall was pretty effective last year but I really don't know the role he played. I guess he started for Bosh, but he did averaged 16/10 in 40 mpg last year for the Raptors...those 2 for Peja I think seems pretty fair. But during the last month of the year last year Dally averaged about 15/11/ 3.5 blocks per game in about 40 minutes a game.

I meant in the future when we want to resign him, I know of at atleast Atlanta that is willing to plop big money for Daly when he becomes an FA. Dalembert has performed when asked to.

I Phantom said:
I wish they never would have invented RealGM. Then maybe we wouldn't be discussing such ridiculous trade ideas.
Right on.

It gets sickening after a while. The general thought process is go to RealGM, make the salaries work for the players you have hand-picked on your want list(it will almost ALWAYS be good for the Kings or at least intriguing), and only THEN try to justify why it is good for the other teams. Most of these hypotheticals fall apart on step 3.

Even if we assume that New Orleans has given up on Davis, and that's not confirmed publicly, why would they necessarily want to clear cap room for a later free agent signing? Admittedly, dropping $12 mil of salary gets the Hornets under the cap, but why not get a good player or players in return?

That IS one way to go, if you really think you can attract a top talent to the Crescent City next year, but certainly and not a given that it's the best way to go. Chicago is an example of how that approach failed.

Dickau is doing a great job in place of Baron. What do you do with Dickau when Baron comes back. Dickau makes chicken scrapes compared to Baron and plays pretty well. Maybe that's why the rumor is out there.

If we are gonna trade a starter, I'd like to get one in return, not sure why we need another center and PF. Plus if we are gonna trade a piece as big as Peja I'd want a guy with somewhat of a name himself, and as much as some people tout Dalembert and D Marshall around here, they just aren't that. It's not a weak trade though I've seen way worse this week, at least your taking the other teams outlook into the equation.

Bricklayer

KP said:
If we are gonna trade a starter, I'd like to get one in return, not sure why we need another center and PF. Plus if we are gonna trade a piece as big as Peja I'd want a guy with somewhat of a name himself, and as much as some people tout Dalembert and D Marshall around here, they just aren't that. It's not a weak trade though I've seen way worse this week, at least your taking the other teams outlook into the equation.
I like Darius's effort, but there is little doubt that if we have Webb and Miller, he is NOT the guy you want coming off the bench. We could really REALLY use a 3rd big guy who can block shots and chew up the glass. Darius is a nice injury fill in as a starer, but a Webb/Miller/Darius rotation means you will never have a legitimate shot to be a good defensive team on the interior.

^yeah i like DSong comin in off the bench...he fits that role well...and is a great injury fill in starter like you mentioned...but i really can't imagine him beinging a consistent starter

Bricklayer

iheartBrad said:
^yeah i like DSong comin in off the bench...he fits that role well...and is a great injury fill in starter like you mentioned...but i really can't imagine him beinging a consistent starter
My point would be that as useful as he is, he is part of our problem. Or rather all three of our big men are, but he's clearly the expendable/least talented piece. We need at least one shotblocker in the rotation, and we need more rebounding. I like the way Darius fits our offense, and would like to keep him around as an ideal fill in player, but would much rather have a shotblocker/rebounder taking his minutes on most nights.

Bricklayer said:
My point would be that as useful as he is, he is part of our problem. Or rather all three of our big men are, but he's clearly the expendable/least talented piece. We need at least one shotblocker in the rotation, and we need more rebounding. I like the way Darius fits our offense, and would like to keep him around as an ideal fill in player, but would much rather have a shotblocker/rebounder taking his minutes on most nights.
I would like that too, It needs to be addressed in some way thats for sure. I'm just not willing to say I would give up Peja for that kinda guy that's all.

Last edited: