[2022] Gone But Not Forgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been seeing this death all day and tbh I have no idea who Leslie Jordan is. I did not watch Will and Grace so maybe that explains it?

just struggling with how out of touch I can be on this one. RIP :(

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I've been seeing this death all day and tbh I have no idea who Leslie Jordan is. I did not watch Will and Grace so maybe that explains it?

just struggling with how out of touch I can be on this one. RIP :(
Will & Grace was a pretty funny show (at least most of the time) with some very stereotypical but frequently hilarious characters. His role was minor, but he definitely left his mark on the show.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I also never watched Will and Grace. My familiarity with Leslie Jordan goes back to the early nineties, when he was on Reasonable Doubts (which I watched solely because I had a crush on Marlee Matlin) and Hearts Afire (which I watched solely because I had a crush on Markie Post).

well those reports are never good. he wrote and performed some of my favorite songs and I'll never get to see him, largely because he no-showed at least two concerts he was booked as support on that I went to. If he's still with us just a reminder that time is fleeting.

D.H. Peligro (Darren Henley), longest serving drummer of The Dead Kennedys, died today at 63.

The Jello-less Kennedys came through SLO twice since I’ve been here, and both times I was too busy with something so important I’ve forgotten it entirely.

Damn.

I think it was yesterday or maybe Friday, the news hit me pretty hard when I saw it yesterday. I had very little interest in seeing either Jello or the Jello-less DKs. Both parties had very sensical arguments about why they made the decisions they did, and 3/4s of a band absolutely deserve to carry on if they see fit even if that band is primarily associated with a singer.

FOR YEARS - possibly 20 of them since we lost Joe Strummer so close to what I assumed was going to be a Clash reunion at a RnR HoF show - I've been screaming into the clouds, the ether, anywhere that would listen that these parties are all still alive, all making music, just bury the hatchet and do something for the fans for once.

Now it's too late :(

I think it was yesterday or maybe Friday, the news hit me pretty hard when I saw it yesterday. I had very little interest in seeing either Jello or the Jello-less DKs. Both parties had very sensical arguments about why they made the decisions they did, and 3/4s of a band absolutely deserve to carry on if they see fit even if that band is primarily associated with a singer.

FOR YEARS - possibly 20 of them since we lost Joe Strummer so close to what I assumed was going to be a Clash reunion at a RnR HoF show - I've been screaming into the clouds, the ether, anywhere that would listen that these parties are all still alive, all making music, just bury the hatchet and do something for the fans for once.

Now it's too late :(
You’re right. It was Friday. Frustrating the articles just started popping up in my Google News feed late last night. Articles I read on SF Gate and CNN didn’t even say when.

And completely agree. Petty feuds seem so important until someone in the feud is gone, and all you’ve won are decades of awesome music lost.

Last edited:
Remember being in NYC when they were building out the new international terminal at JFK for a few months. He was starring in Seussical on Broadway. Was a cute kid. Hope he's found some peace.

Rest in peace, Pele. When I lived in the Azores (Portugal) for couple years decades ago one of the first things that struck me arriving in the islands was rarely saw graffiti anywhere, certainly no ugly scribbling on walls, etc. But rather discretely on a wall here or there was painted simply, "Pele." A Brazilian such a hero in Portugal or at least in the Azores? All part of the "Lusophone world" with over 250 million speakers of Portuguese, officially recognized language in 9 nations across 4 continents. But Pele was so special to the Portuguese. Not that they did not have their own national hero like Madeira island native, Cristiano Ronaldo but Pele will likely forever been seen as GOAT to the Portuguese, certainly Brazilians, and much of the soccer world Pele.jpg everywhere.

Rest in peace, Pele. When I lived in the Azores (Portugal) for couple years decades ago one of the first things that struck me arriving in the islands was rarely saw graffiti anywhere, certainly no ugly scribbling on walls, etc. But rather discretely on a wall here or there was painted simply, "Pele." A Brazilian such a hero in Portugal or at least in the Azores? All part of the "Lusophone world" with over 250 million speakers of Portuguese, officially recognized language in 9 nations across 4 continents. But Pele was so special to the Portuguese. Not that they did not have their own national hero like Madeira island native, Cristiano Ronaldo but Pele will likely forever been seen as GOAT to the Portuguese, certainly Brazilians, and much of the soccer world View attachment 11405 everywhere.
not Pele but reminds me of this street art I snapped in Corsica this summer.
1672353740823.png

Status
Not open for further replies.