[2022] Gone But Not Forgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'll disagree on what you think "natural causes" are. From LiveScience, but numerous other sources have similar language:
sure, in medical terms they may be natural causes in terms of the body resisting disease or cancer forming but I simply don't agree with how its worded when someone passes away stating that it's due to "natural causes" instead of simply saying from cardiac arrest, prostate cancer or any cancer, tumor, etc. There are too many things in the world that can kill us so the more specific the better I say.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
sure, in medical terms they may be natural causes in terms of the body resisting disease or cancer forming but I simply don't agree with how its worded when someone passes away stating that it's due to "natural causes" instead of simply saying from cardiac arrest, prostate cancer or any cancer, tumor, etc. There are too many things in the world that can kill us so the more specific the better I say.
I'm sure if the details were given they would have reported them; often the family or estate would rather such details not be known for privacy (or other) reasons. Whether you "agree with how its worded" or not is rather immaterial when discussing what "natural causes" consist of. Since he died of natural causes, that's what they reported. It could have been any number of things and I think it's somewhat crass to delve into such details hypothetically. If any other news comes out I'm sure we'll hear it.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'm sure if the details were given they would have reported them; often the family or estate would rather such details not be known for privacy (or other) reasons. Whether you "agree with how its worded" or not is rather immaterial when discussing what "natural causes" consist of. Since he died of natural causes, that's what they reported. It could have been any number of things and I think it's somewhat crass to delve into such details hypothetically. If any other news comes out I'm sure we'll hear it.
so the default report is "natural causes" until or IF the family decides to disclose I suppose

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
so the default report is "natural causes" until or IF the family decides to disclose I suppose
That's my guess. Usually if they disclose a reason (say, cancer, for instance) they often have a statement that funds donated to cancer research are appreciated, or some such. But being public figures they often don't reveal a specific cause of death, or at least not right when it happens. See Naomi Judd for a recent example - they didn't reveal it was suicide until a bit later (although some guessed that early on, they didn't publicly state it until later).

Edit - I think I read your post wrong the first time - my apologies. I read your use of the word "default" as default as in "health issues", not default as in "any cause of death". If that was your meaning, I think this is incorrect. "Natural causes" is a catch-all for health issues, not a catch-all for anything. They wouldn't list "natural causes" for someone who died of a gunshot wound, for instance, even if the fact that they died of a gunshot wound was not released. If they don't know (or strongly suspect) a reason for the death, they normally don't list the cause immediately.

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
That's my guess. Usually if they disclose a reason (say, cancer, for instance) they often have a statement that funds donated to cancer research are appreciated, or some such. But being public figures they often don't reveal a specific cause of death, or at least not right when it happens. See Naomi Judd for a recent example - they didn't reveal it was suicide until a bit later (although some guessed that early on, they didn't publicly state it until later).
I can understand that. I wonder sometimes if the reports are lying as well instead of disclosing the truth. For example if someone had a drug addiction and died from overdose but instead the report states that it was from a heart attack or a brain aneurysm

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I can understand that. I wonder sometimes if the reports are lying as well instead of disclosing the truth. For example if someone had a drug addiction and died from overdose but instead the report states that it was from a heart attack or a brain aneurysm
That's always a possibility, especially before an autopsy is done, but it is in poor taste and rather crude to speculate on stuff like that. I'm sure the details will be released later. Keep in mind a person just died. Let's show a little respect.

Grease will always be a top 5, probably top 3 musical for me. I don't care for much she did after Grease but she'll always have a spot in my hard as Sandy. RIP.

sidenote: one of the few things I did get to do in London was catch Back to the Future: The Musical and the fact that it didn't have one original song as memorable as the Grease soundtrack was the saddest thing ever to me. Still recommend it when it heads to the States, production itself was top notch.

When I was in middle school our band (along with tons of others from the area) played at Arco Arena as part of Gray Davis’s inauguration and we got to see Coolio do a set as a part of that. So he’s an indelible part of my own personal Kings’ lore, along with his Kings halftime shows

RIP to one of the greats

Status
Not open for further replies.