2016 NBA Draft Discussion

You can't just punt on the draft and expect things to turn around. If you're not interest in youth then get a George Hill or Jeff Teague, but a shrug of the shoulders and a roll of the dice isn't good enough.
This. It looks like we could have moved the pick for vets at positions we need and instead we picked two raw centers and a streaky shooting, non-defending rookie sg to replace the streaky shooting, non defending vet sg we had.

None of these guys are ready to step into roles with the team which means we still have to fill all of the holes from last year and just wasted good assets.

Guys we took three 18-19 year olds who WILL take roster spots next season. We AREN'T trying to win now. This looks like a blow it up draft if I ever saw one. All that is needed now is the Cuz trade Wojbomb.

Coming in late but you peeps will LOVE Bogdanovic. One of the best players in Europe and was TEARING it up at the start of 2016 hitting something like 50% of three pt shots. He supposedly is coming over this year, or at least the Suns were trying to bring him in this year.. You guys will love him.
Everything I read is that hes not coming over this year...

This was painful. I still have no idea what direction were headed. Add Rondo and Anderson to this mix and good luck getting .500 because that's about your ceiling.

Coming in late but you peeps will LOVE Bogdanovic. One of the best players in Europe and was TEARING it up at the start of 2016 hitting something like 50% of three pt shots. He supposedly is coming over this year, or at least the Suns were trying to bring him in this year.. You guys will love him.
No he already said he's staying overseas one more year as that will benefit his salary situation

None of the players in this draft past 1 or 2 are going to patch any holes anytime soon. Going in, we really weren't expecting to patch a hole with one of them were we?
No. But you have to let some of these draft picks develop right? There's essentially a logjam in the frontcourt and how is this Papa guy going to develop?

Well at least with Skal it pretty much gaurantees no Anderson.

as of now

Cuz/Koufsos/Papagiorgio
WCS/Scal

Cousins becomes the shortest player in our frontcourt lol

Remember the days when we prayed for size in the froncourt? wtf lol

Skal is a steal at #28. This guy is really talented. He had a poor season at Kentucky, but that's not the end of the world. Hopefully two former Coach Cal disciples Boogie and Willie can lead him along. There's not a huge difference in talent from Marquese Chriss and Skal I'd say.
Agreed on Skal. For the life of me I couldn't understand why he fell so much, he is a talented ball player. He is my favorite pick out of the three, hands down.

I HIGHLY doubt Vlade is going into full rebuild mode and will trade DMC.

How long has it been since we have made the playoffs?

What arena are we playing in next season?

Trading DMC would seriously ruin everything we have worked for since he came here. I for one do not want to watch a bunch of rookies fumble and bumble. And I definitely do not want to be a crap NBA team for the next 3-6 years.

I dont know what Vlade is doing right now but I pray its not leading up to a DMC trade.

Skal is a steal at #28. This guy is really talented. He had a poor season at Kentucky, but that's not the end of the world. Hopefully two former Coach Cal disciples Boogie and Willie can lead him along. There's not a huge difference in talent from Marquese Chriss and Skal I'd say.
That's cool and all but the whole point was that we are set in PF/C and than we pick a 7'2 Center and 7'0 PF/C when Baldwin and Murray are in play- why the **** would you do that unless you are trading Cousins?