Dalembert stillin the mix

Egads did I have a hard time with that movie. As in could not finish it did not even smirk hard time. I was clearly missing something.
its a matter of aesthetics...

as a filmmaker, wes anderson certainly does not make movies with broad appeal...

the life aquatic, in particular, exhibits a few too many quirks for those who don't enjoy it...

those who do, however, seem to relish in its strangeness...

i am among that group...

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
its a matter of aesthetics...

as a filmmaker, wes anderson certainly does not make movies with broad appeal...

the life aquatic, in particular, exhibits a few too many quirks for those who don't enjoy it...

those who do, however, seem to relish in its strangeness...

i am among that group...
I enjoyed it (and more on a second viewing) but I don't think Anderson is ever going to top Tenenbaums in my book.

The Rockets will not rule out making additions but are unlikely to just move on to the next center on their free-agent list. They did reach out to Samuel Dalembert when the free agency period began but are certain to be much more cautious with cap room when considering a relatively modest upgrade compared to their initial goals.

Plenty to work with

For now, the Rockets seem more determined to make do with the center portion of their 2009 draft lottery collection. Patience might be easier with both making strides.
http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Rockets-centers-Hill-Thabeet-don-t-mind-team-2404151.php

Article seems to indicate Rockets want to save cap space and Use Jordan Hill and Thabeet

Sacto could be sounding pretty good to Sammy about now?

The Rockets will not rule out making additions but are unlikely to just move on to the next center on their free-agent list. They did reach out to Samuel Dalembert when the free agency period began but are certain to be much more cautious with cap room when considering a relatively modest upgrade compared to their initial goals.

Plenty to work with

For now, the Rockets seem more determined to make do with the center portion of their 2009 draft lottery collection. Patience might be easier with both making strides.
http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Rockets-centers-Hill-Thabeet-don-t-mind-team-2404151.php

Article seems to indicate Rockets want to save cap space and Use Jordan Hill and Thabeet

Sacto could be sounding pretty good to Sammy about now?
Hopefully!

On clutchfans.com they say that McHale doesn't expect roster development at C. I'm not sure any team with cap space is interested in Dalembert.

I think we should send AK and Daly the same 3 yr 27mil offer and tell them the first one to pounce gets the prize!!!

And make both offers good for 48 hours!!

One of them needs to get here soon to be ready for the Lakers!!!!

This couldn't have gone any better for us IF we are interested in resigning Dalembert. I'm not holding my breath that Petrie realises how important a guy like him is, but it would make this offseason a whole lot better if we resigned him.

I just have a bad feeling about signing Dalembert at this point - I think we'd get the shlumpy Sammy version. But you've got to explore it, especially if you're getting him for 3-4 million less a year than originally anticipated.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I just have a bad feeling about signing Dalembert at this point - I think we'd get the shlumpy Sammy version. But you've got to explore it, especially if you're getting him for 3-4 million less a year than originally anticipated.

I've posted the stas in the past wekk, but in any case shlumpy Sammy or inspired Sammy the production has been rock steady for 8 years now. You know what you are getting there.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Brick do you see us having 6 bigs? this will pretty much put at least 1 guy maybe two that were starters down to DNP's Jason Thompson and J.J. Hickson. I'm just not sure our interest level in Dalembert at this point. I expect SF to be the chase i.e. Kierilinko. With AK Salmons is your insurance at guard and depth as well. Unless we move Hickson or Thompson I just think Dalembert is out of the picture for us. JJ is just one year if I am not mistaken so if a move is imenent id suggest it be him.

Brick do you see us having 6 bigs? this will pretty much put at least 1 guy maybe two that were starters down to DNP's Jason Thompson and J.J. Hickson. I'm just not sure our interest level in Dalembert at this point. I expect SF to be the chase i.e. Kierilinko. With AK Salmons is your insurance at guard and depth as well. Unless we move Hickson or Thompson I just think Dalembert is out of the picture for us. JJ is just one year if I am not mistaken so if a move is imenent id suggest it be him.
As we've already seen with Cousins and Evans - injuries/fouls do happen, and they are more likely to happen than not. I'd love to have six bigs. But yeah, somebody's feelings are going to get hurt if all are healthy.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
No, its why Daly coming back is unlikely now. If he returns now, somebody else would have to go. We've actually already got one more quality body than we need, as we found out just this very last year with the JT/Landry mess. You have minutes for three main guys. A 4th spot player. Maybe a 5th young guy to develop. We've already got 4 main guys. With Dalembert it would be 5. Somethign would have to give. Unfortunately it would proibably be Jason given that Cousins ain't going, and Hickson and Hayes are new acquisitions.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I can't explain it but for some reason I wish so bad for Jason Thompson to be succesful with the kings. I think because of the 6-7 years of us never getting a true PF he was the first one we drafted and he is formidable. I just like JT alot.

I hope Whiteside is the reason why we're not in a hurry to sign Dally.

He looked so much bigger in training camp. Much bigger than Hickson and JT in this vid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rockets in Negotiations With Dalembert

Updated: Thursday, 15 Dec 2011, 5:23 PM CST
Published : Thursday, 15 Dec 2011, 5:23 PM CST

HOUSTON - Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey acknowledged Thursday he is in negotiations with free agent center Samuel Dalembert.
The Rockets have been working the free agent market to add an impact big man to their roster.
Dalembert is 6-11 and 250 pounds.
"We have interest in Sam," Morey said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. "If it makes sense for him and us, we would love to have him.
"It's in negotiations. Between the two of us looking for a fit. He's got a lot of options and we'll see if it makes sense here."
Dalembert spent last season with the Sacramento Kings after playing with the Philadelphia 76ers for eight years.
During his career he has averaged 8.1 points, 8.3 rebounds and 1.9 blocked shots per game.
"I think he's somebody who could add presence in the middle, rebounding, shot blocking that could help us out," Morey said.
"That said I think our young guys are some guys that could develop and give us that as well."
Last season with the Kings Dalembert averaged 8.1 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.5 blocked shots.

Read more: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/spo...-in-negotiations-with-dalembert#ixzz1gf74GgdA

So Geoff, what are you doing?? Sammy might be headed to Houston, Hayes might be out with heart issues, and that leaves us a little thin in the paint. What's your next move??

The quote from the Rockets GM makes it sound like he was asked about Dalembert and gave an answer, but is not really seriously pursuing him.

I hope that we haven't negatively impacted negotiations with Dalembert to this point, because if Hayes ends up being unable to play, I would hope that we can turn to Dalembert and get something worked out.

The quote from the Rockets GM makes it sound like he was asked about Dalembert and gave an answer, but is not really seriously pursuing him.

I hope that we haven't negatively impacted negotiations with Dalembert to this point, because if Hayes ends up being unable to play, I would hope that we can turn to Dalembert and get something worked out.
Regardless of what happens with Hayes, we NEED to re-sign Sam. Because no matter how much bigger our 6'6 Hayes plays, I'm not sure you want to take your chances with that against the likes of Gasol, Duncan, Griffin or Nene with him as your starter.(as has been reported to be the case with Westphal's starting 5.)

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
AK47 seems to want to play out the Euro season with CSKA Moscow then come to the NBA if he gets a good deal. Makes sense.
Dally is looking for too much big $$ and is holding for now. HOU may have a shot. We'll see in day or two.
Whiteside, from what I saw tonight on the scrimmage, has not progressed as hoped. Still has poor hands, seems to have wrong attitude and his FT shooting is as bad as ever. Got out rebounded by Hickson, JT and several others. Looks good physically but still has ways to go.
JT has improved a bit.
Isaiah has game and looks like he and Jimmer can backup Tyreke and Marcus.
With 4 of 5 starters out with various medical issues, we were seeing 2nd and 3rd string benchers tonight. Saturdays game should show us a bit more.