Board of Gov Meeting Updates

sam_amick Sam Amick
Burkle been working on this for weeks. When KJ told Stern he had a possible buyer, the commish made crack about it being a local car dealer.

sam_amick Sam Amick
He dropped Burkle's name, and source says Stern went quiet. "You've got Burkle?"

TonyBizjak Tony Bizjak
Mayor sez Burkle, who is very rich, and local developer Darius Anderson are very serious about keeping or bringing a team to Sac

#HEREWESELL!!!!

:D

sam_amick sam amick
burkle been working on this for weeks. When kj told stern he had a possible buyer, the commish made crack about it being a local car dealer.

Sam_amick sam amick
he dropped burkle's name, and source says stern went quiet. "you've got burkle?"

tonybizjak tony bizjak
mayor sez burkle, who is very rich, and local developer darius anderson are very serious about keeping or bringing a team to sac

#herewesell!!!!

:d

wow!!!!!

markkreidler Mark Kreidler
I am skeptical not of Ron Burkle but of multiple moving parts (possibly N.O. Franchise in the mix)? Still, the Burkle Bombshell drops

sam_amick Sam Amick
If Maloofs convinced the colleagues today that things aren't as dire financially for them as has been reported, then they're fine.

If, however, the good ol' boys club decides that they're not viable, then there could be pressure to sell. That's where Burkle comes in.

All that being said, they really have been adamant that they would not sell the team.

Last edited:
Excited as I am about this, I don't want to get my hopes up too much. If something was going to happen, it likely would have happened by now. I won't give up hope completely, though.

Hopefully the owners will use their "no" vote. If it's not used in a situation like this, it never will be.

markkreidler Mark Kreidler
I am skeptical not of Ron Burkle but of multiple moving parts (possibly N.O. Franchise in the mix)? Still, the Burkle Bombshell drops

sam_amick Sam Amick
If Maloofs convinced the colleagues today that things aren't as dire financially for them as has been reported, then they're fine.

If, however, the good ol' boys club decides that they're not viable, then there could be pressure to sell. That's where Burkle comes in.

All that being said, they really have been adamant that they would not sell the team.
let the maloofs have the hornets and let burkle buy and keep the Kings in sacramento

KBerg_CBS Ken Berger
Sac Mayor Kevin Johnson unleashed Hail Mary today in his bid to keep the #Kings in Sacramento. Ron Burkle wants to buy team, keep it in Sac

"We felt good about it," said Darius Anderson, who is with Burkle's proposed ownership group. "We're just trying to present alternatives."

But the Burkle plan was met with skepticism in the owners's executive committee meeting. "Too little, too late," one team rep said.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
This definitely adds a twist to things. It's one thing if the maloofs go the NBA and say financially it makes sense for them to go to Anaheim, and they have their hands tied because of the arena situation. It's another situation entirely when you have a potential buyer, with the means to buy the team outright, wants to keep the team and Sac, and obviously thinks it's financially possibl to do so , otherwise Burkle wouldn't be getting involved.

What is better for the league? Burkle, worth 3.5B buying the team, and committed to keeping them here, or financially strapped Maloofs hoping things will work in a possibly over saturated market? I thought Amicks comment was interesting, that if the Maloofs can't prove they are financial stable, with Burkle waiting in the shadows to buy the team, the BOG's might put pressure on the maloofs to sell.

mr_jasonjones Jason Jones
Maloofs don't want to sell, at least that's what they've said. If Kings leave, this new deal would have to be Burkle buying/moving Hornets.

JasonRoss1140 Jason Ross
Ron Burkle plan would include bringing a team to Sac if the Kings were actually to move. He has BIG money and this could be a game changer!

I guess this was part of KJ's plan to bring basketball to Sacramento if the Kings leave. I don't want another team, I want MY Kings!