Board of Gov Meeting Updates

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Except that New Yorkers could care less about the Nets because they're in New Jersey. Apples to oranges.
Yes, and New Yorkers could also care less about the Giants and the Jets, because they play in New Jersey too. It's amazing to me that New York City doesn't have a football team while New Jersey has two. I'm astonished.

CBS 13's Steve Large reporting Maloofs likely will ask for ANOTHER extension from the NBA. Interpretation: Don't have the votes yet. Per Mark Kreidlers twitter.

All indications are Maloofs will ask for the extension Monday. That doesn't mean months -- they could ask for another week to assess.

(cont.) NBA cannot go indefinitely -- needs to know where franchise will be next season ... if there is a next season.

All happening in real time -- there's more that we don't know than what we do. CBS 13's Steve Large coming on next. AM-1140, khtk.com.

Last edited:
That would be crazy, Pitt is a smaller market than Sacramento! It's already frustrating to see markets smaller than Sac that have multiple sports teams, like Cinci, Milwaukee, and Indy.

I said it earlier and I'll say it again...Pittsburgh doesn't want nor can it support an NBA team. It's a Steeler/Penguins town, that's it. There are no NBA roots in that city, and they can barely support their baseball team that's there...they CANNOT support 4 pro sports teams. Burkle doesn't want to move the Kings to Pittsburgh should he buy them.

Been following this thread closely, and here is my number 1 thought:

If a billionaire can't come in to save the team, what will? This should easily be enough reason for a 1 year extension to get an arena going. I mean, KJ bringing in a billionaire at the last minute, what else could stern ask for?

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Been following this thread closely, and here is my number 1 thought:

If a billionaire can't come in to save the team, what will? This should easily be enough reason for a 1 year extension to get an arena going. I mean, KJ bringing in a billionaire at the last minute, what else could stern ask for?
Read the other thread on today's meeting. Stern is asking for an arena and sees it as the City's responsibility. No arena, no Kings. What's new? It's always been so.