Bajaden/Cruzdude views from the floor, Kings game 3 (Minny)

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
While it was reported that Theus/Minny were out "to get in the head of Cousins" in the first half, that was not the whole story. Bajaden and I were sitting up behind the Minny bench and saw more. The other assistant coach working with Theus was none other than bad-boy Bill Lambier. After we all saw Theus put his arm around Stiemsma before the twin technicals, I twice saw Lambier sidle up next to Stiemsma and mumble something. It sure as h_ _ _ wasn't asking him about the weather! You have to believe it was tips on banging and bothering from the master.

After the twin technicals there was no doubt from anyone in the arena, that when Cousins got the ball in the post in the second half while being guarded by Stiemsma, justice was about to be served much to the delight of MOST in the arena and to the visible chargrin of Coach Theus and Lambier. Cousins and Theus were seen to exchange pleasantries a number of times up and down the court, mostly down the court after Cousins had scored on Stiemsma. ;)

So far in 3 games the Kings guards have been out played each game and none of them have yet to step up to try to run the team. They all seem overly concerned with shooting and driving into traffic and not very successfully at that.

A final thought from Bajaden: Brockman. If for some reason Brockness does not sign, then Chism becomes excellent candidate for his spot on the bench with his much better overall skill set and good (not Brockman great) rebounding. Chism is also bigger.

Last edited:

You don't seem to like Cousins do you? Looks unintentional to me. Greene already got a bloody nose and Cousins had a bloody mouth and nose already from inadvertent elbows in this summer league already. I don't see you calling out those players that gave out those elbows to our own Kings players.

I guess you think this is unintential too, right? No, you don't. I don't want to start seeing this ridiculous hipocrisy in anyone and especially not Kings fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, glad to hear from you both, bajaden and CruzDude. I was starting to think you were missing in action. I thought Chism looked pretty good, too.

I guess you think this is unintential too, right? No, you don't. I don't want to start seeing this ridiculous hipocrisy in anyone and especially not Kings fans.

Oh come one. That isn't remotely a good comparison. Kobe deliberately set out to give Bibby and elbow to the face. It was completely obvious, especially in slow motion.

As pointed out, two of our players have been hit hard by elbows to the face in summer league and I didn't think it was intentional either time. Neither did I think Cousins elbow was anything but unintentional. Since you have made it obvious for a while now that you don't like Cousins, I'd hardly consider you an unbiased observer in this instance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
No. It's not sad. It's freaking awesome. We've been the pushovers of the league for too long. Now that's not the case.

We've been stuck as Clark Kent for no shorter than six seasons. It's about freaking time we became Superman.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I couldn't care less that Kobe elbowed Bibby in the face, it's a physical game and sometimes things get scrappy and out of control. But the elbow itself wasn't cause for concern. The concern was over which player got blown for that foul.

I couldn't care less that Kobe elbowed Bibby in the face, it's a physical game and sometimes things get scrappy and out of control. But the elbow itself wasn't cause for concern. The concern was over which player got blown for that foul.
Exactly. Sometimes people get elbowed. It's happened to me. I got four stitches above my upper lip a few years ago because a guy swung his elbow around. I never suspected that he did it intentionally, but that doesn't matter. (Like Bibby, I got called for the foul. No BS. I argued with the ref as blood dripped all over the court, emphasize how ridiculous his call was.)

Anyways, the point with the Kobe elbow is that the wrong player got whistled. The point with the DMC elbow is ... well, there is no point. Elbows happen, intentional or not. There's no comparison to make between that play and the Kobe elbow.

I think it was Brick that once mentioned during what I like to call "The Great Deliberation" (when we weighed our options of the top prospects prior to the lotto) who said that this team needs a player that does not back down, a player that will not stand for the forces of evil (Ilysova) trying to bully and intimidate our squad. I also remember someone saying tha our young guys were just too passive, and the only guy to really scowl or even show a hint of anger towards the thugs of the league was Landry.

Now we have a guy who will not sit idly by and be bullied, and he also appears to be able to keep his cool enough to channel his aggression into just flat out balling on the low block. Only time will tell how he deals with the mind games and pressure against some of the leagues best, but I have to agree with our coaching staff about how t is better to have a guy you need to slow down rather then light a fire under him.

EDIT: I am still relatively new to boards, but WTF is up with trolls??? My fiancé told me about a guy in one of her college classes who was a real life troll, he didn't even need a keyboard?!

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEe7JqBgvg

And yes, that is exactly what the ignore feature is for. Trolls won't survive in net 3.0
Cuad's not a troll, it just seems to me that the only time he wants to chime in is when he has something critical or condescending to say. That definitely wears on people. No one likes Debbie Downer. Too bad we can't assign pseudonyms instead of outright ignoring the guy. It'd be a lot funnier to see "Debbie Downer" every time the guy decides to speak up. Or speak down, rather.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Who is this dude. I just noticed a few of his post in this thread. Seems like the anti cousins guy this year. Can't figure it out. Some of the greatest NBA minds in the world see all the greatness spewing out of Demarcus Cousins. Yet this guy can only see flaws. Cuad you should get a wheelchair my friend, because it appears you haven't a leg to stand on.

While it was reported that Theus/Minny were out "to get in the head of Cousins" in the first half, that was not the whole story. Bajaden and I were sitting up behind the Minny bench and saw more. The other assistant coach working with Theus was none other than bad-boy Bill Lambier. After we all saw Theus put his arm around Stiemsma before the twin technicals, I twice saw Lambier sidle up next to Stiemsma and mumble something. It sure as h_ _ _ wasn't asking him about the weather! You have to believe it was tips on banging and bothering from the master.

After the twin technicals there was no doubt from anyone in the arena, that when Cousins got the ball in the post in the second half while being guarded by Stiemsma, justice was about to be served much to the delight of MOST in the arena and to the visible chargrin of Coach Theus and Lambier. Cousins and Theus were seen to exchange pleasantries a number of times up and down the court, mostly down the court after Cousins had scored on Stiemsma. ;)

So far in 3 games the Kings guards have been out played each game and none of them have yet to step up to try to run the team. They all seem overly concerned with shooting and driving into traffic and not very successfully at that.

A final thought from Bajaden: Brockman. If for some reason Brockness does not sign, then Chism becomes excellent candidate for his spot on the bench with his much better overall skill set and good (not Brockman great) rebounding. Chism is also bigger.

Well guess what Kings fans i had the pleasure of sitting next to these guys while demarcus cousins owned patrick o'bryant in the paint

I like Chism too, but he signed with a team in Europe, which is a good reason why we didnt see him last game

http://twitter.com/ShamSports
But Chism has said before that Europe is his second resort if he doesnt get an invite from the kings he played some good minutes today and hit a good amount of jumpers and really showed off his range. but I honestly wouldnt be surprised if Tyrese Rice got a invite to training camp he can shoot and play defense really well

I know i'm kinda new here and not really a 'somebody' here or something, but still it's not nice to see everyone take a stab at the guy for his opinions, even if it's in your dissagreement.

I also dissagree with how he says certien things, but ok thats his thoughts and i'm cool with it, I mean it has to feel bad if every 2nd guy comes in and have a go at ya, I know I would have... like others said if you find his words that shocking theres an ignore option.

Sorry if I was offensive or out of order, just had to have a say cause it bothered me a bit.

I know i'm kinda new here and not really a 'somebody' here or something, but still it's not nice to see everyone take a stab at the guy for his opinions, even if it's in your dissagreement.

I also dissagree with how he says certien things, but ok thats his thoughts and i'm cool with it, I mean it has to feel bad if every 2nd guy comes in and have a go at ya, I know I would have... like others said if you find his words that shocking theres an ignore option.

Sorry if I was offensive or out of order, just had to have a say cause it bothered me a bit.
Yea but there's definitely a pattern here with cuad. Contributing various opinions to the board would be different. Constant nit picking and bashing a single player is trolling... and this guy OBVIOUSLY has a problem with cuz.... or should I say agenda...

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Chism played good min, backing up Cousins Friday night. If he signed elsewhere is he still playing for Kings? why then