Kings NBA Draft Workouts

apparently Patterson had scheduling conflicts

he's only 6'8 as well i doubt he'd go as high as 5. Having said that his stock is rising in the mocks so i've no idea, his blocking stats are alright too.

Any word of Ed Davis or Cousins workouts with Kings? How about Wesley Johnson? In terms of the #5 pick, I don't think we're considering anyone else outside of the above guys and guys we just worked out this week.

Monroe has decent low post skills, but I wouldn't call it that much of a strength for him. Hawes is much more skilled in the post than he is and I don't see Monroe being much bigger, longer, or athletic than Hawes. Even if he was more assertive in the post, I don't think he's ever going to be a go-to scorer. If he's going to be a crap defender, a decent rebounder at best, and a so-so scorer, then how the hell is he even a better fit than someone like Aldrich? Hell, I'd easily take Ed Davis over him. Plus, we don't really play a system that's going to take full advantage of his passing ability, which his best attribute. Monroe would be a dumb pick, and I hope this is just hype resulting from him being the only top pick we've really worked out so far.

I'm sick of this Monroe talk. If we pass on Johnson to take Monroe, then I'm going to be hella pissed. So pissed that I'm going to keep saying hella just to make other people hella pissed too.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Monroe has decent low post skills, but I wouldn't call it that much of a strength for him. Hawes is much more skilled in the post than he is and I don't see Monroe being much bigger, longer, or athletic than Hawes. Even if he was more assertive in the post, I don't think he's ever going to be a go-to scorer. If he's going to be a crap defender, a decent rebounder at best, and a so-so scorer, then how the hell is he even a better fit than someone like Aldrich? Hell, I'd easily take Ed Davis over him. Plus, we don't really play a system that's going to take full advantage of his passing ability, which his best attribute. Monroe would be a dumb pick, and I hope this is just hype resulting from him being the only top pick we've really worked out so far.

I'm sick of this Monroe talk. If we pass on Johnson to take Monroe, then I'm going to be hella pissed. So pissed that I'm going to keep saying hella just to make other people hella pissed too.

Vlade, Vlade, Vlade, Vlade, Vlade!

Just a little support shout out...:D

I would be happy in acquiring aldrich.... he's strong and find out which tandem works a hawes/aldrich or a thompson/aldrich line up. right now he can shore up the front court and can block shots.. cousins off court red flags still scares me

After watching all of the workout videos, I really liked what Aldrich had to say.

I thought it was a little funny, and maybe a little bit bad, that when asked how to describe his game, Whiteside sad "I think im really long .. and athletic .. I can block shots, and yea, long" .. something to that effect. I get the feeling he's a guy that would never make in this league if he wasnt so damn athletic. Outside of being a great athlete .. he doesnt bring a whole lot. I'd be pretty pissed with him at 5, but I dont see anyway we go with him at that spot anyways. He needs some skill, and Im beggining to think he doesnt have any.

Still not a big fan of Monroe. I like Udoh, Aldrich, and Johnson for that five pick at the moment, assuming Cousins is gone.

After watching all of the workout videos, I really liked what Aldrich had to say.

I thought it was a little funny, and maybe a little bit bad, that when asked how to describe his game, Whiteside sad "I think im really long .. and athletic .. I can block shots, and yea, long" .. something to that effect. I get the feeling he's a guy that would never make in this league if he wasnt so damn athletic. Outside of being a great athlete .. he doesnt bring a whole lot. I'd be pretty pissed with him at 5, but I dont see anyway we go with him at that spot anyways. He needs some skill, and Im beggining to think he doesnt have any.

Still not a big fan of Monroe. I like Udoh, Aldrich, and Johnson for that five pick at the moment, assuming Cousins is gone.
could whiteside be this years de andre jordan?

OK, OK, I give up. Johnson it is.

I'm glad Favors and Cousins decided to show. I like that it means even they think there's a chance one of them will end up on the Kings.
Even in the extremely unlikely event that Favors dropped to the Kings, I'm sure he'd love to play here. He'd have zero competition on this team.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I wonder if we could move up?

Sigh...5th pick really sucks. If we cant move up I'd just as soon move down to grab one of Cole or Udoh. Monroe, and Wes dont do it for me.

Considering how up and down Jordan has been, I have no idea if you mean this as an insult or complement to Whiteside.
the likes that he is talented but due to him being raw drops a couple of spots down and possibly all the way to the second round?

i doubt he goes that far..

i watched the video is it me or does aldrich have a horrible (almost hawes like in form) jumpshot.... and he's like robotic in his movement.

im liking that we are focusing on working out bigs though

Cousins and favors will be doing individual workouts apparently so no chance to see them compete. Guess that's what we thought anyway.

I wonder how cousins will do from three point land.

Cousins and favors will be doing individual workouts apparently so no chance to see them compete. Guess that's what we thought anyway.

I doubt very seriously that you will ever see Cousins shoot a three. All his threes are going to be +1's.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I'm just happy we're getting Cousins and Favors to come in for workouts. I'd be even happier if we got Evan Turner to work out for us as well because it still looks like the #2 pick is potentially available for the right price.

Why are we talking about Cousins shooting threes???? Spencer shoots enough threes himself for the whole team combined!!!!!

Cousins and Favors Interviews are Up. Looks like they got worked out pretty hard. Cousins is dripping in sweat.

[yt=Demarcus Cousins Kings Workout]JAky41MAvFo[/yt]

[yt=Derrick Favors Kings Workout]uQ6VenMCEFE[/yt]

Last edited: