Kings Vs. Warriors game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
REMINDER FROM THE MODS: We have a very strong "don't ask, don't tell" policy about pirated broadcasts, streamed broadcasts, or whatever you want to call them. If they aren't officially authorized by the NBA, don't even bother to post hints, etc. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me get it straight this time:

This is a preseason game, but it may look like a playoff game. Too bad we won't be able to watch it; these teams fly off their hinges every time they meet. No defense will be allowed! You want Tyreke to score 20 points? You want Spencer to get in the lane? You want to see a bunch of (hopefully converted) layups and dunks? Well, if you can get over to The City, tonight is your night.

How on God's green earth am I supposed to give Awards to something I didn't even get to watch highlights of? BY REFERENCING A BOX SCORE, THAT'S HOW!:

JHA goes to - Kenny Thomas! 5 minutes 0 points, 3 rebounds. WHY!? I think I would rather see Donte play some 4.
TDM goes to - Andrew Bynum! Coulda been Artest, but he showed us mercy. Bynum, however, ate the breakfasts, lunches, and dinners of all of our front line players.
LW-VC goes to - DJ Mbenga! This is for allowing Spencer to salvage his line after getting savaged by Bynum.
RA&1 goes to - Kobe Bryant! Okay, okay, I know he didn't hurt his team, but I heard he was getting all streetball with bounce passes and such. Plus, I hate him...

If you would like to suggest other awards, be my guest. Be clever, it's fun!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, why no game thread filled with Laker hate by me last time? I tried to lazily attach a game thread to another poster's thread. :eek: Hey, at least I'm getting it out of my system in the preseason. Plus, midterms = no time. Won't happen again (it might in December.)

What shall I say about the first 3 preseason games? The rookies look decent, Hawes looks soft, JT looks like he drinks four Rockstars before every game, and we are in for a long year. Of course, this holds true only if these games are any indication. I hope to see a ROY award for 'Reke, an all star berth for Martin, and about 40 wins. My grandpa also used to tell me you can hope in one hand and [do something not cool] in the other, and watch which one fills up faster. Can it happen? Of course! Will it happen? Sigh...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Predictions:

Kings 110 Warriors 118

Martin 28 points, Ellis 25 points
Hawes 11 rebounds, Biedrins 14 rebounds
Ellis 8 assists, Evans 7 assists

(I assume everyone on GS is healthy. If not, hey, it's preseason!)

I must retreat to my studies; but you should get prepared for blurry highlights, this game will probably go by fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Predictions:

Kings 110 Warriors 118

Martin 28 points, Ellis 25 points
Hawes 11 rebounds, Biedrins 14 rebounds
Ellis 8 assists, Evans 7 assists
Hey VF, you want to restart the predictions thread in preseason to work any kinks out before the regular season starts?

Its great having another game so soon! I am hoping Brockman is able to get on the floor tonight, as I would enjoy seeing the affect he might have on the mighty Warriors. I suspect the scene may resemble the devastation and carnage of a a bowling ball when it hits the pins! :D

Unfortunately, I am too far away to get any radio coverage so I will have to rely on the Yahoo box score once again. :mad:

Go Kings!!!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I'm back in Sactown and anxious to attend this game tonight. No TV coverage? I don't need no stinkin' TV. I'll be there. I'll be watching for all of you...and cheering too.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I predict evans is going to go all beasty on the warriors mini me backcourt and go for 20 pnts largely from the paint.
Just 20? Dude, if Evans was on the Dubs they'd probably play him at PF. :p

I just want JT to step up and beast all over AR. He was sluggish in the summer league, he needs to bring it like he did against the Lakers.

And how bad is Greene in practice? Come on Westphal, give him at least 10 minutes, that way when we see the boxscore we can go "OH, so THATS why he never gets time".

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hey VF, you want to restart the predictions thread in preseason to work any kinks out before the regular season starts?
Done. The predictions thread will always have "PREDICT" in the title. People should at least skim the rules to make sure they understand what we're doing.

:)

Just 20? Dude, if Evans was on the Dubs they'd probably play him at PF. :p

I just want JT to step up and beast all over AR. He was sluggish in the summer league, he needs to bring it like he did against the Lakers.

And how bad is Greene in practice? Come on Westphal, give him at least 10 minutes, that way when we see the boxscore we can go "OH, so THATS why he never gets time".
Donte defended AR well during VSL. Maybe, this is the game PW will give him some time.

Its great having another game so soon! I am hoping Brockman is able to get on the floor tonight, as I would enjoy seeing the affect he might have on the mighty Warriors. I suspect the scene may resemble the devastation and carnage of a a bowling ball when it hits the pins! :D

Unfortunately, I am too far away to get any radio coverage so I will have to rely on the Yahoo box score once again. :mad:

Go Kings!!!
Check to see if KHTK.com the home of the Kings is streaming the broadcast.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't think they can. We've run into that before. They can broadcast it over the air but they cannot stream it online.

And please? Just a general request to everyone? Please read the reminder from the mods in the first post of this thread. It will save all of us a lot of trouble and time during the game. Thanks...

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Looking forward to seeing JT and Randolph match up. Should be interesting. Also, would like to see how Tyreke handles Monta's speed. Tyreke vs Monta will be fun to watch.

I was going to say that it'd be nice to see a game where we weren't at a size disadvantage, but, looking over the GS roster, that's not really true. They have four guys who are 6'10" or over who are likely to see playtime, and we have only two. They can match us at most other positions, too.

Oh well.

GO KINGS!

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I was going to say that it'd be nice to see a game where we weren't at a size disadvantage, but, looking over the GS roster, that's not really true. They have four guys who are 6'10" or over who are likely to see playtime, and we have only two. They can match us at most other positions, too.

Oh well.

GO KINGS!

Who do they have besides Randolph and Biedrens? Wright is out for the year probably. Surely your not counting Mikki Moore as big are you?:)

Who do they have besides Randolph and Biedrens? Wright is out for the year probably. Surely your not counting Mikki Moore as big are you?:)
I wasn't counting Wright or Pruitt, just as I don't expect Greene or Ely to have any impact on our side. But Turiaf counts, and scrubtastic Mikki is still a useful 4th stringer if Brockman headbutts one of the others in the solar plexus or something. It's certainly no worse than dragging stubby lil' KT out of mothballs.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
ahh yes! Mikki Moore returns to face the Kings. HOW is this game not on TV.
You can almost feel the tension in the air. That aside, it should make for an interesting matchup between Hawes and Biedrens. At least Hawes won't be facing another 7 foot 280 pound mammoth. He'll still have his hands full with Biedrens whose a crafty inside player and quicker than people give him credit for. Evans against Ellis should make for good intertainment also.

My personal vision for the night is Brockman swinging around with his elbows after pulling down a rebound and running into the immovable object, Mikki Moore. And another one bites the dust...;)

does this game have a radio feed?

edit** nvm i just read on kings.com it will be on KHTK... but its feeding football talk?
does anyone else have a feed?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.