Official 2009 Nba Draft Thread

why is that? Ive read places that his character might be a problem, and then Amick's tweet about the situation with his brother .. I think its a serious question.
Oh please. Did you even bother reading the article? It said nothing about him being charged and the guy has nothing on his record off the court to speak of. And what does this have to do with his B-ball IQ that you are questioning?

S

sactownfan

Maybe Rubio was all HYPE... I wanted him if it was between him and Evans but I was seriously worried that Rubio didn't have the athleticism to excel at the NBA level... Evans is unstoppable to some degree

tryeke for rubio? 23rd for their other lower 1st rounder?

we get him at a cheaper salary?

werent they so high on evans... now

ok i was really frustrated a while back with petrie now i have cleared my mind and actually thought about it.. maybe they are securing each others picks, and a swap is possible? i just dont know....

if nothing happens

how many times must i save petries job using my ps3 and nba live :D guess ill be doing the trades again this year lol

Whatever; Udrih is, in my opinion, the worst starting point in the league? Evans is worse? I'll believe it when I see it.
Yes because Evans isn't a PG.. Why don't you understand this? If you threw Martin in at PG Martin would be the worst starting PG in the league too.

Why the hell would the Kings want to put another SG in at PG? Stupid idiots if you ask me.

Evans is a lot like Mayo, not really a pg but can run the offense on the break and get you into some set plays in the half court. This team will either need another play maker at small forward or run a lot of plays through Hawes in the half court. Maybe this pick will end with Martin being traded but I don't think Evan and Martin can't play together.

I thought about that too because of him being the driver in a murder investigation.. Kind of stupid decisions like that are what make me hate this pick even more.
You can not be serious. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that he was in the wrong in that situation. Plus i was questioning the fact that he thought Evans had a low B-ball IQ.

Oh please. Did you even bother reading the article? It said nothing about him being charged and the guy has nothing on his record off the court to speak of. And what does this have to do with his B-ball IQ that you are questioning?
It doesnt matter. When something like that happens and your in the NBA unfortunetly people are going to speculate. I still think its a valid question. Historically players who arent smart outside the NBA tend to also not be smart inside the NBA, not saying thats Evans, but thats what im asking. You havent said anything to prove that to not be true, btw.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Yes because Evans isn't a PG.. Why don't you understand this? If you threw Martin in at PG Martin would be the worst starting PG in the league too.
This is what's known as conjecture. We don't know that Evans is a bad NBA point guard, because he hasn't played a game in the NBA yet. We know that Udrih is.

Why the hell would the Kings want to put another SG in at PG? Stupid idiots if you ask me.
The worst team in the league drafting for position at #4 would be pure idiocy. Maybe Evans is just the better basketball player. Rodriguez is probably as capable of running an NBA team right now as Rubio anyway.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

You know, before you go all postal you might want to consider that Evans can bring the ball up the court and might end up doing a totally satisfactory job doing so. Evans DID play point for his college, which people seem to be forgetting.

I think some people around here just might be very pleasantly surprised.

But, of course, it's just so much easier to call the front office idiots because arm-chair GMs know sooooooo much more about players than the guys who have been watching them for months actually do.

Geez...

It's a totally credible and understandable pick. I wanted Rubio, but I can totally understand and support his selection. Give him a chance...

Evans played GREAT at PG and dont compare him to martin who NO ballhandling skills at all. I know your upset but at least come up with some type of logic. Petrie is an amazing evaluator at talent and you know it, he may not always be right but i rarely question his picks once the season starts.

Normal people just don't get involved in murders.. I don't care who you are.. If you brother murders someone when you are driving you had to know something. You had to had an inkling that the guy is probably someone you don't hang around with..

That's just the guy I want coming into town and playing out of position.

This is what's known as conjecture. We don't know that Evans is a bad NBA point guard, because he hasn't played a game in the NBA yet. We know that Udrih is.
as much as i understand your point of view and i really do respect it... this guy was not a true PG even while he was at college. he's a scorer... unless he turns into Gilbert Arenas of plays for the Knicks of Warriors I don't see how he succeeds with the way he plays and his size. kinda figure that you don't just become a PG at the highest level. i hope i'm wrong.

Evans played GREAT at PG and dont compare him to martin who NO ballhandling skills at all. I know your upset but at least come up with some type of logic. Petrie is an amazing evaluator at talent and you know it, he may not always be right but i rarely question his picks once the season starts.
OMG dude.. You serious?

EVANS played good ball handling. He didn't play PG, he got the ball and looked to score. He is NOT a PG end of discussion.

I'm just gonna have to trust Petrie. I too wanted Rubio but I'm not disappointed because we had the opportunity to pick Rubio, if Petrie felt that Evans would be better then I'll just have to support that decision. At least we could choose who we wanted and didn't get screwed by memphis or OKC, that's what I'm happy about