Official 2009 Nba Draft Thread

Wow we are rivaling Elgin Baylor with our ineptitude to build a TEAM. we are great at assembling talent, but at some point this talent actually has to work together. I don't know how many tweener guards that do two things well but nothing spectacular we have to take a gamble on.
It is way too early in our rebuilding to talk about assembling. We need talent. If Evans is the best player than great choice. As players put up stats and show their stuff we can trade them and mold a team.

Look, Rubio was my first choice, but Evans was a top rated player coming out of college who carried his college team to a 27-1 record after he became the starting PG. He is a legit talent. I am excited.

blah

this i fear will haunt us for years

I had this fear they would skip out on Rubio because what I remember Coachie saying years ago about Bibby, and how he was more a real point guard than JWill. It made no sense at the time and showed to make less sense over time. Bibby had more success, but turned out to be a mini shooter. I don't think management understands what a point guard is and will try to play Evans at PG. That combo guard offense only worked because we had Christie, Webber and Divac to run the offense for them. There is nobody on this team like that.

i don't know i think we played it safe. we took a guy that has a great skill but is about as far away from what we need. there was a potential star out there for the grabbing. we took a guy that is playing in a position that our team is deepest/best at. if he was far and away the best talent on the board i could understand it but man i just don't get this.

It is way too early in our rebuilding to talk about assembling. We need talent. If Evans is the best player than great choice. As players put up stats and show their stuff we can trade them and mold a team.

Look, Rubio was my first choice, but Evans was a top rated player coming out of college who carried his college team to a 27-1 record after he became the starting PG. He is a legit talent. I am excited.
27-1 mainly in CUSA..........

Please draft a true point with our other pick.

he played in C-USA come on... this is not a guy that carries a team.

HOLY ****... JONNY FLYN??? 2 PGS IN A ROW??? TRADE NOW TRADE NOW what the hell is going on?

i don't know i think we played it safe. we took a guy that has a great skill but is about as far away from what we need. there was a potential star out there for the grabbing. we took a guy that is playing in a position that our team is deepest/best at. if he was far and away the best talent on the board i could understand it but man i just don't get this.
Evan IS far and away the best player on the board. Just ask Obama. ;)

is it still possible to trade evans for rubio.... seriously that pissed me off.. we sorely needed rubio a TRUE POINT GUARD... wtf petrie? i know your a genius but wtf? okc and mem just opened up the opportunity for you... wtf... oh well.. ill have a bad day seriously

No sure why the ones hating the Evans pick think he can't play PG.

Keep in mind that in a lot of offenses such as the lakers, cavs etc, the offense really runs through their best offensive player ie kobe, lebron etc.

They do that because those guys can break down the defense and demands double teams. When was the last time a team with a pure PG as their best player make it to the finals..... and win?

Don't let Kevin Martin and Kobe Bryant fool you: 6'5" is not undersized for a SG.

As for him playing PG... he can't be any worse than Udrih.

i was trying to say he's a tweener guard. not really great at either position. he's not a 4th pick worthy guy, definitely for us. if i hear the word "upside" one more time i'm going to throw up. everybody has upside. hell beno had upside. and i think that if with our 4th pick the best thing we can say is that he can't be worse than beno, we're ****ed.