Kings get #4 pick

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:p That's hilarious!! And SO true...I mean, what does Billy freaking Crystal have to cheer for the last 20 or so years of owning season tix to watch the Clip Joint?? I mean, you have to weigh the options here: Maloofs...or Donald Sterling...yeah, I'll take Joe and Gavin on a BAD day ANYDAY! Do I somehow want to believe that we are specially cursed...perhaps, but it does no good, so I move on from every depressing misstep...because it's what I've learned to do the past 25 years being a Kings fan...I kind of have a tough skin for ish like this. We've been through tragedies and hardships with this team, and through it all...my love for this team has grown infinitely. Yes, we can survive this frustrating event of having to endure and watch the absolute worst team this last season, and we'll probably have more of these that happen before things hopefully take a turn for the better, but I'll be there for every one of them. Okay, that was my moment of clarity for the day...
Sacramento Kings NBA Titles: 0
Los Angeles Clippers NBA Titles: 0

Sacramento Kings NBA Titles: 0
Los Angeles Clippers NBA Titles: 0

All I know is if they decide to hire another crap bag like Natt, I will honestly coach the Kings for food/room and board and I guarantee I could probably manage more than 17 wins. I wouldn't even show up to the games and we'd still manage more than 17 wins.

Natt is as good as an NBA coach as Michael Jackson is a pediatrician... :eek:

All I know is if they decide to hire another crap bag like Natt, I will honestly coach the Kings for food/room and board and I guarantee I could probably manage more than 17 wins. I wouldn't even show up to the games and we'd still manage more than 17 wins.

Natt is as good as an NBA coach as Michael Jackson is a pediatrician... :eek:
Hey, no arguements here about the Donut Guy Natt, he was ALMOST as bad as Muss.

Okay...first of all, dont bring up the 49ers, I've been a Niner fan since 1978...BEFORE we drafted Montana and the bunch...we were 2-14 that year...but I was amazed by one Freddie Soloman...and I stuck with the team, and you know what...I got 5 Super Bowl seasons for my patience...so I've been spoiled with the 49ers, and I'll take 5 or 6 losing seasons for 20 winning season ANYDAY. And no matter HOW many losing season our Kings have, I can take it...if I'm 80 years old when we finally win our next championship, I'll still say it was all worth it...look at what happened for the Red Sox fans. We've got a LONG way to go before we hit Boston or Chicago Cub territory, but even if it did, I'll still be here.
I wasn't born until 1983. I wish I was around for those days, or atleast old enough to remember. I became a 49er fan when I was 4 years old. I remember my grandma holding up a 49er shirt, and my uncle holding up a Raiders shirt on Christmas morning both wondering which team I'd go for. I chose the 49ers shirt and that's how a new Niner fan was born :cool:

Hey, no arguements here about the Donut Guy Natt, he was ALMOST as bad as Muss.
your avatar makes me sad... I used to shoot around with Tis all the time when I was a lil tike. Musta been only around 8 years old at that time. I wish more people in the world were like Wayman. I cried hard when I first heard the news on ESPN.

RIP TIS

Expected. That's all I'll say. Part and parcel of being a Kings fan; always expect the worst case scenario. Really now, do good things ever happen to us?

This has guaranteed that I'll be in a foul mood for at least a week.

Well, as my Laker friends have pointed out, maybe this is Karma for us. I remember how I laughed my tail off when the Celtics tanked with their fans openly rooting for them to lose and they got screwed and did not get Oden or Durant.

Well, most fans (myself included) spent all year rooting for this team to lose and get the best odds. However, maybe karma just bit us in the behind. Food for thought.

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
Jim Les was better than Beno, Les was a sweet 3 pt shooter.

It's disappointing we are 4th but I think we still have a good shot at picking up decent talent.

I cried hard when I first heard the news on ESPN.

RIP TIS
You and me both.:( I broke down a few times on Friday...I had to catch myself a few other times too. Cool 49er story, btw...I too became a fan at 4ish, and even then have a couple of fond memories of Steve DeBerg passing to Freddie Soloman...then that guy Montana came along, of course. lol

I was disappointed but I take what's given. All in all we can still rebuild at #4, not the best possible position but still it can be done.

Next stop, draft day. I can't wait to see what will actually happens.

We still have a coaching problem which is much worst than #4 pick, IMO.

I literally shouted "F---" so loud as soon as I saw the Kings logo appear out of that sh1tbag envelope that my neighbors probably called the police... :eek:

Me too, about fifteen times. My neigbors probably thought somebody was dying. I had told my friend a few minutes before that I had prepared myself to have the #4 pick, but that was such BS, it really hurt.

and to think my NFL team is the 49ers... god forbid any of my teams have a winning season.. I've been saying maybe next year for both of these franchises since the mid 90's :eek:
Damn, we've got a lot in common. Sports have been tough, it's starting to get ridiculous. At least I'm optimistic about the Niners next year. The Kings? Yeah....

Me too, about fifteen times. My neigbors probably thought somebody was dying. I had told my friend a few minutes before that I had prepared myself to have the #4 pick, but that was such BS, it really hurt.
Yeah, I think alot of us were prepared for getting the 4th pick...it's just the principle of getting the 4th pick...the worst we could possibly do, that was upsetting and depressing at the same time...anyone got some extra Prozac??

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Its not just getting the 4th pick -- people aren't talking about what made this so very difficult to salvage -- not only did we get the 4th pick, but the 3 teams picking ahead of us could not have worked out any worse for us. Two young teams in OKC and Memphis almost sure to want to keep their picks, and then the one veteran team you could potentially try to swap picks with (the Clippers) end up with #1 which they are almost sure to keep themsleves. So not only did we end up #4, but the bounce of the balls made it virtually impossible for us to move higher. If we had been #4 and Washington, the Clippers, or one of the deeper more veteran lottery tewams had been #2 or #3, maybe we could have moved up or nabbed the pick. But as is, nothing short of offering Kevin Martin would allow us to move up, and even if you wanted to do that the draft order again screws us -- presumably you would only do that to get Rubio, and Memphis is sitting at #2 wiht Gay/Mayo. If OKC had been #2, then maybe you could have thought about that.

Just absolutely 100% could not have worked out any worse for us. Only real hope would seem to be that maybe, just maybe, OKC likes Harden enough to take him over Thabeet (or more likely offer us Thabeet for Harden and one of our 2nd rounders). But that's about it.

I literally shouted "F---" so loud as soon as I saw the Kings logo appear out of that sh1tbag envelope that my neighbors probably called the police... :eek:

I also let go with a string of expletives, unaware that my 10 year old was in the next room and not outside playing. Bad dad. :(

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I also let go with a string of expletives, unaware that my 10 year old was in the next room and not outside playing. Bad dad. :(

I know this is going to hurt, but if he's 10 and you have not kept him living in a box, he's heard just about all of it before. ;)

Just maybe not from you. ;)

I had left my clock radio on last night on 1530am and I got to wake up today to that nice soundbyte of a Kings gathering to watch the lottery and everyone going "OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH".. Needless to say my day sucked today.

Its not just getting the 4th pick -- people aren't talking about what made this so very difficult to salvage -- not only did we get the 4th pick, but the 3 teams picking ahead of us could not have worked out any worse for us. Two young teams in OKC and Memphis almost sure to want to keep their picks, and then the one veteran team you could potentially try to swap picks with (the Clippers) end up with #1 which they are almost sure to keep themsleves. So not only did we end up #4, but the bounce of the balls made it virtually impossible for us to move higher. If we had been #4 and Washington, the Clippers, or one of the deeper more veteran lottery tewams had been #2 or #3, maybe we could have moved up or nabbed the pick. But as is, nothing short of offering Kevin Martin would allow us to move up, and even if you wanted to do that the draft order again screws us -- presumably you would only do that to get Rubio, and Memphis is sitting at #2 wiht Gay/Mayo. If OKC had been #2, then maybe you could have thought about that.

Just absolutely 100% could not have worked out any worse for us. Only real hope would seem to be that maybe, just maybe, OKC likes Harden enough to take him over Thabeet (or more likely offer us Thabeet for Harden and one of our 2nd rounders). But that's about it.
I think that we could potentially trade with Memphis. They really need a big more than a point guard. It would make sense for them to either trade with the Clippers for the 1st pick. Something along the lines of #2, Gay and Gasol for #1, Kaman and Thornton. Clips get a future stud PG, shed salary and get a good wing. The Griz meanwhile upgrade at PF and C and get a poor man's version of Gay back.

If they can't work that out, they may be content to get another legit PF like Hill if we throw in some young players and picks, since they already have Conley at PG. Something along the lines of the 4, Greene and #23 for #2.

Talked with a couple of knowledgeable friends who aren't Kings fans about this and consensus was don't hold your breath, but it sounds workable. It just depends on if Chris Wallace thinks Rubio is a potential star or just marginally better than Conley.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I'm hoping word comes out that Rubio is staying overseas....Thereby letting him slip to us at 4.

We'll suck again for a year. Get another good pick. Rubio comes back 1 year more experienced and BAM! We knock the Lakers out in the first round of the 2010 playoffs :p