Jazz @ Kings Game Thread - Dec. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunks

Hall of Famer
So I say the Kings should get someone in organization to be the new coach.

IE: someone who is going to concentrate on the youth movement not furthering their own career.

It's understandable that Reggie wanted to play the vets to get wins at the expense of the teams future. Dude isnt guarunteed to be staying here for our next playoff run either way. I imagine 9 outta 10 of us would behave the same way as Theus if we were in his position. Gotta work on that head coaching resume.

I kinda fault the FO for hiring the wrong guy for the job.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Quincy Douby??? I cannot believe this crap. And they called another foul to get Korver to the line for a little more salt in the wound?

Hello? Grant, you blithering idiot. It's not about finding a way to win. It's about a freaking head coach who substitutes in Quincy Douby at the end of a game we COULD HAVE WON if Cisco had come back on the court. That totally sucked.

I can see Reggie's mind through the computer screen. Reggie gets told to play the kids. He gets all pissy and says, "Sure. I'll play the kids." Starts Hawes, brings Martin off the bench, jerks around Thompson, plays Douby randomly in crunch time.

Just total petulance. He's just asking for the axe at this point.
Honestly, that's the only thing that explains it to me. :mad:

What was the point with that? I am NOT a coach basher, but why in the world was douby in at the end? What is Theus thinking?

quincy douby, has been on the bench the entire game and reggie thinks that he can close it???? you would think that after missing his 3 shots hed be out of the game but no! WTF??? FIRE REGGIE NOW!

The biggest loser in all of this is Douby. Theus puts him in a situation where it would be IMPOSSIBLE for him to succeed.

I guaruntee Reggie will be fired by the end of this week.

I didnt get to watch the game since im down in LA LA land (lakers lost tho, so thats good!) but was JT havin a bad night or was it another crappy coaching job and only playing him 11 minutes. 11 minutes?!?!?! I would argue he is one of our most talented players and needs to be getting 25+ minutes a game. Hawes and JT are our future bigs, we are not going to win now or anytime soon at this rate so just play them reggie or get outta town.

I thought he was the right guy when hired but he is really trying to prove me wrong.

Yeah i feel really bad for Douby....This was on Reggie. Why in the hell would you put someone who hasn't played the ENTIRE game, in for the last 2 minutes...instead of our proven clutch shooter in Garcia. I mean comon Theus, its not that hard. Ive been on his side this entire time, but im afraid that was unacceptable. I don't know if he is trying to be some tricky throw anything at you coach, but its not working for ****. Fire his ***, trade Salmons or Miller (i was impressed with Miller today actually, but if i doubt he keeps it up) and a pick for a young role player with potential (one that can make a damn shot in the last 2 minutes of a game).

I've been a huge Theus backer.

That is now officially over.

Time for Natt or Person to audition for the main gig. No Whiz, just someone in-house for now until we can get a coach during the offseason unless one of the assistants shines.

We need someone who will play the kids without any complaining... and a respectable substitution pattern.

Douby instead of Garcia was just plain unacceptable. I can't wait to hear what Theus has to say on HPL.

OK, I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. I've been a supporter of Reggie but I'm not sure any more. Puting Douby in at that stage of the game is one of the most asenine moves I"ve EVER seen. There are 4 guys that should have been out there ahead of him in this order: Cisco, Jackson, Brown, Greene.

This makes NO SENSE AT ALL. I am very mad. Even IF Douby wasn't a total loser you still wouldn't put him in the game in crunchtime when he hadn't played a SINGLE MINUTE before that.

I think Reggie may have fired himself tonight.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I was going to go to bed. But I figured I would see what you guys had to say about Douby. good greif Reggie what the hell was that. I was somewhat ok with Thompson time because Hawes and Miller were effective but then, but then having not played the entire game with the game on the line you put in the guy that hasn't hit a clutch shot since a 1 on none he had at predraft workouts. WTF is that.

I challenge anybody on this board to give me a reason why Douby came into the game.

come on

I'm waiting. I dare you.

I was going to go to bed. But I figured I would see what you guys had to say about Douby. good greif Reggie what the hell was that. I was somewhat ok with Thompson time because Hawes and Miller were effective but then, but then having not played the entire game with the game on the line you put in the guy that hasn't hit a clutch shot since a 1 on none he had at predraft workouts. WTF is that.

I challenge anybody on this board to give me a reason why Douby came into the game.

come on

I'm waiting. I dare you.

Even I, who loves to play devil's avocate on this board just to get you guys all fired up, have no words to say about this.

Sorry I couldn't help.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I've been a huge Theus backer.

That is now officially over.

Time for Natt or Person to audition for the main gig. No Whiz, just someone in-house for now until we can get a coach during the offseason unless one of the assistants shines.

We need someone who will play the kids without any complaining... and a respectable substitution pattern.

Douby instead of Garcia was just plain unacceptable. I can't wait to hear what Theus has to say on HPL.

Sounds like a plan.

Kings need to clean house. Reggie's gotta go. One of Mikki or Brad needs to clear minutes for the kids.

As much as people malign Salmons, I think he coulda been the difference tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.