Jazz @ Kings Game Thread - Dec. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is about time I got some playing time.
Put me in coach. I'm ready to play.
-----------------------------------------------------
One of the first things I'd like to see tonight is a fan go up and slap Deron Williams and CJ Miles for doing that stupid alley-oop off the backboard. When they were ahead by like 30. It would have been great if the refs treated that as a missed shot and called it basket interference. Anyway, I think is is classless and I would be cringing if any two Kings players did that. Unless/especially if it were on accident.
Holiday season, and the we as fans already got a gift!
Mikki will now be coming off the bench. Speed racer is back in the lineup. Hawes will start next to Miller.
The Quest for a Ring: The Ivory Towers
ok lame, but still
this has to at least look a lil better than the garbage we have been seeing.
If Miller isn't having a good game, I'd like to see Reggie yank him for JT asap
If that happens, then we know we are making progress for progress' sake.
The Kings can lose. In fact, I want them to lose. It is just the way that we are losing.
When the young guys have to sit and learn how to lose from the vets who either suffer from lack of effort/desire, lack of youth, lack of overall skill, or all three in some cases, then that just isn't right or healthy for them. They get a losing culture instilled in them.
See: Ricky Davis. Stephon Marbury. Ok those guys are just idiots more than anything else. Bad example.
If we lose on the backs of the young guys, not only will it seem more graceful, but hell, we might even win a few.
----------------------------------------------------------
Piksi's Pow(d)er Rankings:

I am not even qualified

but at least the Clippers still suck.
I'm loving how they replace Elton Brand with a fat version of him who doesn't play any D.
I'm loving how they now have two all-star quality centers and when both are healthy they are both going to want to start.
I'm loving how Tim Thomas goes to New York and he tries for the first time in years.

Anywayyyy we aren't last place, which is good enough for me.
------------------------------------------------------
I hate the Jazz, I hate how everyone loves the Jazz, and I hate Carlos Boozer. The team is supposed to represent hard work in lieu of skill, but really they have a few dirty players who just run around banging into everyone. Deron Williams is awesome though. It would suck to live in Utah.
AWARD TIME

George gets the TDM. I think we all hate this guy.

LW-VC goes to John Salmons. Cmon man you own the Mavs.

RA &1 goes to Green, just because he is the second coming of T-Mac. I mean Ricky Davis.

JHA went to Bjax, just because he hasn't gotten this yet.

SAR - Methuselah award went to Brad. When your age shows more than your jersey, its time to rethink things.

WTF moment of the game - pick a turnover. story of our lives.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I don't care if we lose tonight, I just want the two guys aforementioned to be slapped by their mothers.
-------------------------------------------------------
Kevin - hopefully we see you.
Brad - the sun is shining, so put on a happy face :D
Salmons - get well today
Beno - .....oh well, no risk, no reward, right?
Mikki - did I mention the bench shun? haha rhyming
Kids - just get playing time
Reggie - if you want your job, play the children
GO KINGS

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the first things I'd like to see tonight is a fan go up and slap Deron Williams and CJ Miles for doing that stupid alley-oop off the backboard. When they were ahead by like 30. It would have been great if the refs treated that as a missed shot and called it basket interference. Anyway, I think is is classless and I would be cringing if any two Kings players did that. Unless/especially if it were on accident.
Amen to that! I couldn't believe that crap. :mad:

off to our worst start in years. to reggie's credit, martin has been out, but does salmons still get 20-30 points on those nights? this season is done and the only thing left is explanation. explanation on why the vets arent benched considerably until the end of time. maybe someone up there is waiting on a few more breakout games from butterfingers, salmons and miller so we can unload them before 2010. during 2010 they're gone anyway so nothing else makes sense.

jazz win by 25 tonight and im willing to put money on it. kings always struggle with aggressive big men and good point guards.

jazz win by 25 tonight and im willing to put money on it. kings always struggle with aggressive big men and good point guards.
In other words, they struggle against teams that exploit their two weaknesses. Salmons may be out tonight, and if no Martin, where's the scoring going to come from?

I remember Doug and Bibby throwing it off the backboard to Webber a couple times back in then (think it was preseason though).

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I remember Doug and Bibby throwing it off the backboard to Webber a couple times back in then (think it was preseason though).
I remember Christie throwing it off the backboard to Webber against Dallas in the playoffs. In fact, it may have been the game where Christie came back in the second half after Stojakovic got injured.

WTF moment should have went to that whole missed layup Beno blaming other people scenario.

I really want to see BJax coming down on a fast break, and then throwin it off the backboard for a flying Kevin Martin to finish. Revenge is a kick in the nuts.

In preseason, that is fine.
In a competitive atmosphere, it is classless.

Who cares? If the Kings don't want it to bother them than they shouldn't be losing the game. As a fan it doesn't bother me. The Kings are getting paid, they need to keep playing. CJ Miles/Williams were just doing their job and having fun.

I remember Christie throwing it off the backboard to Webber against Dallas in the playoffs. In fact, it may have been the game where Christie came back in the second half after Stojakovic got injured.
I think the difference is in the caliber of teams. The Kings aren't as good as the Jazz so when they are putting us on ESPN highlights like that its pretty insulting. In a playoff game on the other hand our teams were well matched and so much of winning playoff games is mental, things like that help. In a season game thoe against a injured lackluster team its pretty stupid.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
It would annoy me as a player, and be a slap in the face in your building. But in front of the home fans its hard to call that too classless. Gave their people something to cheer for, electrified the building. I'd still have noted it as a player, but it served a real purpose for them at the time.

Kevin HOT! Nice string music for 3 on his first shot and then charge he took on a driving Miles.... a bit of a "star" home floor call:D Kings should win this don't cha think with no Boozer, no AK47, etc. zzzzzz nobody around... Utah with TEN turnover in 1Q but Kings not up big - only by 4. At least Jazz only got 20 pts since everyone else has got around 30+ 1Q pts against us lately.

Last edited:
ugh, Spencer at the 4 with Brad? Yeah, let's move Spencer to the PF position so he doesn't get all those annoying blocks and rebounds. Who needs those?

As we go back to Brad and Mikki up front...even Grant and Jerry are openly wondering why Theus pulled Thompson out so quickly. God forbid we play Thompson and Hawes at the same time.

Edit: And now Theus has the oldest possible line-up in the game. He needs to go...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.