There is no topic

random thoughts:

if people were fined every time they whined, would they whine less?

publishers clearing house should just hand me my money already. :D

teens are expensive.

so 8 episodes in and i'm really enjoying this series. it certainly doesn't hurt that i've grown fond of mrs.draper (january jones). who wouldn't? she's a knockout.
I've been thinking about renting this one, too, but... too busy.

Not busy doing anything important, mind you, just knee deep in "Dexter" and getting ready to watch all five seasons of "The Wire." Figure that "Mad Men" will have to wait until I'm caught up on the other shows.

I've been thinking about renting this one, too, but... too busy.

Not busy doing anything important, mind you, just knee deep in "Dexter" and getting ready to watch all five seasons of "The Wire." Figure that "Mad Men" will have to wait until I'm caught up on the other shows.

dexter and the wire? two of my favorite shows (the wire is some of the best television you'll ever see) . so far i'd have to say Mad Men is pretty damn good too.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
...Not busy doing anything important, mind you, just knee deep in "Dexter" ...
"Dexter" has to be one of the most original, entertaining shows to come along in a very long time. I actually signed up for expanded satellite service (including DVR) because of the show. In fact, I've named my DVR "Dexter" and already have several friends using the term "dexter" to describe recording all episodes of something (an alternative to the term "Tivo").

The whole idea of a "good" serial killer doing away with "bad" serial killers is just diabolical.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Florida Cops Taser Plop-Plop, Escaped Emu Who 'Went Crazy'

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,409382,00.html

Bay County Sheriff's deputies were forced to use a Taser to subdue an escaped emu named Plop-Plop. The large female bird escaped from a farm last weekend and on Monday, she holed up with some horses and goats in a pen.
When deputies arrived, the emu "went kind of crazy," said Sheriff's deputy Randolph Grob.
The deputies didn't want the bird to hurt itself or them, so the used the Taser stun gun to immobilize Plop-Plop.
The emu was brought to the Bay County Animal Control Center, where she has made a full recovery. The bird's owner is expected to take her home soon. (AP)

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Cher to Play Catwoman in Next 'Batman' Movie

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/late...atwoman-in-next-batman-movie-115875-20710497/

Cher has been lined up to play Catwoman in the next Batman movie.
The Oscar-winning actress and singer is in talks to star opposite Christian Bale in the third of the "dark" Batman films.
Cher, 62, was invited to join a cast which includes Johnny Depp as The Riddler.
A studio executive revealed: "Cher is Nolan's first choice to play Catwoman. He wants her to portray her like a vamp in her twilight years.
"The new Catwoman will be the absolute opposite of Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry's purring creations."
Shooting on the film, provisionally titled The Caped Crusader, is due to start in Vancouver early next year.
The Dark Knight, this summer's big blockbuster, has been the most successful of the six modern movies, which started with Tim Burton's Batman in 1989.

no. teens were. one of my sons now has a girlfriend.:eek:

however, it very well could have been had I seen it previously, but my most likely reaction would be to regurgitate anything I ate recently.

Catwoman is one of my all time favorite comic book characters and to date I don't feel anyone has done her completely correctly. And I'll probably never be happy with any version.

I refuse to believe this could possibly be true. Steadfastly refuse.

But, man... between this and the Britney Spears Faster Pussycat rumor, it's like Hollywood has declared war on all of the things I hold most dear.

I refuse to believe this could possibly be true. Steadfastly refuse.

But, man... between this and the Britney Spears Faster Pussycat rumor, it's like Hollywood has declared war on all of the things I hold most dear.

Speaking of things held most dear, I'm still wondering what's happening with the Wonder Woman movie.

Stargate Universe Coming

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/news/

SCI FI Channel announced that it has given a green light to produce Stargate Universe, the third series in the long-running SF franchise, with production on the MGM Television Entertainment show set to begin in early 2009.

Brad Wright and Robert Cooper, co-creators of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, will serve as executive producers and writers on the new show. (Atlantis ends its five seasons next year but will continue in a two-hour telefilm.)

wonder if it'll be any good.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Where the **** is my I-Pod??!! :mad:

I can no longer take today's hits and yesterday's favorites when trying to work out. Have you tried to bust out that last squat whilst Micheal Bolton is wondering how he'll live without me?

I can't takes it no more.