[SAS/NOH] - who will Bowen injure now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
More like my heart is always rooting for the lakers to burn in hell. My two favorite teams, at all times, are the Kings and whomever's playing the lakers.

What the hell was Pargo doing? He took 13 shots in the fourth quarter! He dominated the ball for nearly the entire quarter, rather than running the offense through Paul and West. He killed the entire game!

Also, is Bonzi Wells so far gone from two years ago the reason why wasn't playing at all? If not, it's either bad coaching or not knowing your history to not have Wells on the floor.

Pargo was the only reason the Hornets were even close in the 4th. Everyone else looked like a deer trapped in the headlights, including Paul.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Yeah...I am probably rooting for the Lakers at this point too. Not going to really upset me either way, but its clear that we have hit the past your prime and trying to cling/dirty & cheap stage for the Spurs at this point, and its time for them to be put out to pasture. I was never terribly a fan, but the extraordinay depth of their flops and dirty tricks these last couple years as they try to cling is not clearly distinguishable from the type of stuff Rick Fox turned to late, or the antics of the Bad Boys as they were on the way down. Its just ugly, and a bad way to represent the sport. So I actually find myself looking at the Lakers as the leseer of two evils. Which takes some doing. There's still a chance for another ratings disaster with one more Spurs/Pistons Final, but it would be better for the league if the page was turned by the challengers now. The Spurs and Pistons make good yardsticks to test the up and coming challengers by, but its time for some new blood to actually emerge victorious.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

What the hell was Pargo doing? He took 13 shots in the fourth quarter! He dominated the ball for nearly the entire quarter, rather than running the offense through Paul and West. He killed the entire game!

Also, is Bonzi Wells so far gone from two years ago the reason why wasn't playing at all? If not, it's either bad coaching or not knowing your history to not have Wells on the floor.

On that last bit, I truly never got a feeling that Scott had any idea how to play Bonzi. And that is really on Byron. But he almsot never took advanatge of his strengths, and instead was always running sets where Bonzi ended up popping 18 foot jumpers. I'm not sure why some coaches have such an issue figuring out his game. Seems fairly simple to me. But I think that some coaches get stuck coaching "their system", and don't have the flexibility to take advantage of a unique player who doesn't fit into the normal mold for one of their guys. Would be a little surprised to see him back with them next year.

I'll be rooting for Spurs over Lakers, of course. Turns out, Slim was absolutely right earlier in the thread - Spurs have the best chance of stopping LAL and Hornets will just have to learn their lesson.

On a side note, I really enjoyed C-Webb chewing out Berkley when he dared to suggest that this LAL team is better then Kobe-Shaq team. Really stopped Chuckster in his tracks then have him back-track all the way. Sweet.

What'd Chris say? I didn't watch the rest of it.

I am with Slim. You guys are going to be rooting for the lakers? And what is all this talk about the Celtics? The Pistons are going to cream them.

I am going to go way out on the line and call for a possible Spurs over Pistons Sweep. You heard it here first kids.

Last edited:
I am with Slim. You guys are going to be rooting for the lakers? And what is all this talk about the Celtics? The Pistons are going to cream them.

Yeah I'm rooting for the Spurs and Pistons too(I think Detroit wins it all) but a Celtics/Spurs finals would be kinda legendary IMO, seeing KG vs Duncan in the finals would be pretty tight. I want Detroit to win it all though.

On that last bit, I truly never got a feeling that Scott had any idea how to play Bonzi. And that is really on Byron. But he almsot never took advanatge of his strengths, and instead was always running sets where Bonzi ended up popping 18 foot jumpers. I'm not sure why some coaches have such an issue figuring out his game.
That might have something to do with the fact that he has very little game to start with. Sure, when he's on fire he's an excellent weapon...but that tends to happen about every 10-15 games or so...although I do think that he should have been used more tonight, given that everyone out there sucked.

More like my heart is always rooting for the lakers to burn in hell. My two favorite teams, at all times, are the Kings and whomever's playing the lakers.
My hate for that team has gone. I will always hate the Shaq-Kobe era Lakers, but there is little reason for me to really hate on them now. I certainly dont like their fanbase, I really despise Derek Fisher, but that's really about it. On the other side, looking at the Spurs ... I can't cheer for a team with Whorry on it ... Ginobili absolutely makes me cringe, Parker & Longoria are no less annoying than Brangelina, Bruce need I say more Bowen, Kurt Thomas....and to top it off, MICHAEL F**** FINLEY ?!?! Are you kidding me ? I hate that team.

Bricklayer

That might have something to do with the fact that he has very little game to start with. Sure, when he's on fire he's an excellent weapon...but that tends to happen about every 10-15 games or so...although I do think that he should have been used more tonight, given that everyone out there sucked.

He might have more game than your namesake at this point. At least more complete game.

The very mistake that Scott made was equating shooting = game. Bonzi is a garbageman. Use him right, he cleans glass, bounces bodies, collects steals, works the post on small guys and causes havoc. Not to mention owns Bowen. Put him out on the perimeter, and you neutralize most of those strengths. Its not much different than turning Peja into a post player, Paul into a shooting guard, or something else equally daft. Have to know your players' strengths.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
My hate for that team has gone. I will always hate the Shaq-Kobe era Lakers, but there is little reason for me to really hate on them now. I certainly dont like their fanbase, I really despise Derek Fisher, but that's really about it. On the other side, looking at the Spurs ... I can't cheer for a team with Whorry on it ... Ginobili absolutely makes me cringe, Parker & Longoria are no less annoying than Brangelina, Bruce need I say more Bowen, Kurt Thomas....and to top it off, MICHAEL F**** FINLEY ?!?! Are you kidding me ? I hate that team.
Well, the difference between me and you is that I hated the lakers WAY before Shaq and Kobe; I've hated the lakers since Showtime. I'll never root for them, ever.

He might have more game than your namesake at this point. At least more complete game.

The very mistake that Scott made was equating shooting = game. Bonzi is a garbageman. Use him right, he cleans glass, bounces bodies, collects steals, works the post on small guys and causes havoc. Not to mention owns Bowen. Put him out on the perimeter, and you neutralize most of those strengths. Its not much different than turning Peja into a post player, Paul into a shooting guard, or something else equally daft. Have to know your players' strengths.
I know exactly what you're saying, but I don't buy it for a sec. He couldnt even make a layup when he was all by himself tonight.

Bonzi retired two years ago, why would anyone want to play him? Can't hit an open layup, can't post up, can't shoot, can't defend -- the only thing he can do is rebound or give the occasional tough foul. Scott made the mistake of giving minutes to Bonzi and Peja that could be better served by playing Julian Wright.

Friends - call me crazy. While it is fun to hate (and trust me, I have hated plenty on the enemies of the Kings in those early 2000 years), it is also fun to enjoy good basketball for what it's worth. The lakers play a damn good basketball game. Seeing their offense work - the spacing, the cutting - reminds me more of the kings than anything. The Spurs, on the other hand, remind me of everything I hated about the Lakers - the dirty, the annoying.

So yeah, can we just hate the spurs instead of the lakers? :p

ps: I can respect Tony Parker though. Sweet shot and hard drives. Plus he's got the girl and a French rap video. How can you hate on that?

Bricklayer

Friends - call me crazy. While it is fun to hate (and trust me, I have hated plenty on the enemies of the Kings in those early 2000 years), it is also fun to enjoy good basketball for what it's worth. The lakers play a damn good basketball game. Seeing their offense work - the spacing, the cutting - reminds me more of the kings than anything. The Spurs, on the other hand, remind me of everything I hated about the Lakers - the dirty, the annoying.

So yeah, can we just hate the spurs instead of the lakers? :p

ps: I can respect Tony Parker though. Sweet shot and hard drives. Plus he's got the girl and a French rap video. How can you hate on that?

the Lakers also do not play defense, which could be what catches up to them in this series.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, the difference between me and you is that I hated the lakers WAY before Shaq and Kobe; I've hated the lakers since Showtime. I'll never root for them, ever.
Try being in my shoes. You know very well how much I hate TTTSNBN. It goes to the bone, especially since I was a Celtics fan before the Sacramento Kings came into existence.

My ultimate goal is to see aforementioned WC team be humiliated by the Celtics in the Finals. In order for that to happen... well, you see my dilemma.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yeah...I am probably rooting for the Lakers at this point too. Not going to really upset me either way, but its clear that we have hit the past your prime and trying to cling/dirty & cheap stage for the Spurs at this point, and its time for them to be put out to pasture. I was never terribly a fan, but the extraordinay depth of their flops and dirty tricks these last couple years as they try to cling is not clearly distinguishable from the type of stuff Rick Fox turned to late, or the antics of the Bad Boys as they were on the way down. Its just ugly, and a bad way to represent the sport. So I actually find myself looking at the Lakers as the leseer of two evils. Which takes some doing. There's still a chance for another ratings disaster with one more Spurs/Pistons Final, but it would be better for the league if the page was turned by the challengers now. The Spurs and Pistons make good yardsticks to test the up and coming challengers by, but its time for some new blood to actually emerge victorious.
I may have to save this. It is the best explanation of Spurs disgust I have ever seen ... and I find myself in total agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.