SI: Kings trying to ship out Bibby before trade deadline

To further the point I think one of the reasons why the players are not informed about possible trades because the Kings want to make sure there is no leaks to the media. You see I think alot of leaks are from the players camps themselves whether it is thier entrourage or agents, info gets leaked. i think that is why we never hear much rumours from the Kings.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Sweet!! We're about to have a 35-39 win season...here's to mediocrity!! Gonna love getting like the 13th pick in the draft! Great job guys! Way to think about the future!
So you really would have preferred for Petrie to pull the trigger on a deal - any deal - even if it didn't do anything for our future?

The fact nothing was done could, as I've pointed out in another thread, mean they've finally decided to take the patient off the respirator and let it die. Meaning they aren't going to try for any more mid-season adjustments that do nothing in the long term.

I'm sorry. Maybe I'm in the minority but I really didn't want to see Bibby traded unless it was for some real value.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Sweet!! We're about to have a 35-39 win season...here's to mediocrity!! Gonna love getting like the 13th pick in the draft! Great job guys! Way to think about the future!
Yep. And 35-39 wins on the way down is absolute and complete failure. And what a year for it too. Barring a "miracle" injury or Ron beating up Kevin in practice or something we're going to be stuck with a Megamillionsesque longshot at the guys who really matter.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yep. And 35-39 wins on the way down is absolute and complete failure. And what a year for it too. Barring a "miracle" injury or Ron beating up Kevin in practice or something we're going to be stuck with a Megamillionsesque longshot at the guys who really matter.
But that might have been inevitable anyway, right? We can all theorize about potential trades to get us better draft picks, etc. but we don't know what was attempted...

So you really would have preferred for Petrie to pull the trigger on a deal - any deal - even if it didn't do anything for our future?

The fact nothing was done could, as I've pointed out in another thread, mean they've finally decided to take the patient off the respirator and let it die. Meaning they aren't going to try for any more mid-season adjustments that do nothing in the long term.

I'm sorry. Maybe I'm in the minority but I really didn't want to see Bibby traded unless it was for some real value.

I'm in the minority with you!

i thought hoopshype posted this morning that a deal on the table (that was rejected) was gooden + pollard (2.2M expiring) + cavs #1 for bibby. isn't that a passable deal? gooden's no great shakes or anything, but better than what we currently have, it clears more cap room, plus you have a second first rounder that you can possibly package with our first rounder.

sorry if this was discussed elsewhere, if someone could point me to it then that would be appreciated.

nah, think most people are disappointed that he wasn't traded for some value.

If we got back Gooden and Snow right now all hell would be breaking loose.
I know Bibby is our highest value player for a trade, but I was hoping for a trade involving KT, SAR, or maybe even Brad.

I'm glad that he is still here.

gunks

Hall of Famer
SAR is definately tradeable...He's a decent talent and his contract isnt that bad. Miller, despite his faults, is one of (if not the best) passing big in the NBA...So I think he's movable.

KT on the other hand.....

Bricklayer

If we just suspend the entire team for boring us to death, does that mean we would forfeit the remainder of our games and get a top pick (well...likely STILL would finish with more wins than Boston, but a good shot at #1 or #2).

So you would have traded Bibby no matter what the Kings got in return?:rolleyes:
no, but i don't think i would've demanded the world for him. the idea is to get rid of his contract with a nice piece or two to go with it. petrie has no clue how to rebuild, this team is going to nowhere. pathetic..

no, but i don't think i would've demanded the world for him. the idea is to get rid of his contract with a nice piece or two to go with it. petrie has no clue how to rebuild, this team is going to nowhere. pathetic..
He can try to get the most he can, but now you have a ticked off Bibby that knows he was shopped very heavily and is not in the teams plans in the future. Couple this with the already by uncohesive non synergistic parts and you have a big problem and a very unfun team to watch...let alone try to get a new Arena built on that already fell on it's face recently.

I was glad to see that Bibby did not get traded although what kind of situation will we have now with him knowing they want to get rid of him. If he goes, I go with him. This team is miserable to watch and he is the only reason I still am a fan of this team. Without him this team does not have much to offer.

miami had haslem, posey (7M ender), and dorell wright (young talent) on the table for bibby? wasn't that a solid package for a rebuild??

you get a scrappy rebounder, a young kid with some upside, and an ender. what else are we holding out for?

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
miami had haslem, posey (7M ender), and dorell wright (young talent) on the table for bibby? wasn't that a solid package for a rebuild??

you get a scrappy rebounder, a young kid with some upside, and an ender. what else are we holding out for?
Probably a pick in what should be a pretty deep draft.

Most of the problem appeared to be time. These deals take more than a little time to nail down and apparently whatevern the deal offered it was at the last gasp hour. Not enough time.

Bricklayer

You know, between that Miami offer and the theoretical Chicago/Reef deal you could potentially have been talking about shipping out Reef and Mike (and Pot), and getting back Brown ($8mil ender), Posey ($6.4mil ender) Haslem (to repalce Reef) and Wright (good looking Gerald Wallace type kid). You likely lose a few more and improve your draft position, you have an extra $12mil in expiring contracts, making you a major player in free agency. If you get that Miami pick...

You know, between that Miami offer and the theoretical Chicago/Reef deal you could potentially have been talking about shipping out Reef and Mike (and Pot), and getting back Brown ($8mil ender), Posey ($6.4mil ender) Haslem (to repalce Reef) and Wright (good looking Gerald Wallace type kid). You likely lose a few more and improve your draft position, you have an extra $12mil in expiring contracts, making you a major player in free agency. If you get that Miami pick...
exactly what i'm talking about and people keep saying that it's not petrie's fault IF he wasn't offered anything good. people just assume since a deal wasn't done that nothing was available like petrie is some infallable god or something. fire petrie

Kingster

Hall of Famer
exactly what i'm talking about and people keep saying that it's not petrie's fault IF he wasn't offered anything good. people just assume since a deal wasn't done that nothing was available like petrie is some infallable god or something. fire petrie
You guys are starting to depress me -- BECAUSE YOU'RE RIGHT!

Bricklayer

While that idea isn't entirely without appeal, it does bring up a chilling thought:
Do you really want the GM who puts on the best Powerpoint presentation?
This is a considerable concern with the Maloofs a meddling now. I've been debunking Petrie as god for years now, and I truly do nto trust that he gets it at all. That said, the Maloofs little fingers are all over everything now, and if Geoff were to be fired, or just leave, its hard to imagine the Maloofs hiring a truly independent actor to take his place. Hell, they might just give Whiz a dual title. Or maybe their dog walker.