Lakers @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
?

I didn't bother to come home to watch the game after I checked on my phone that they were down by like 20 in the 2nd. However, I kept checking the cor ein the 4th. I called my dad with like a minute left. He said Bibby made a 3, TO, Kobe missed a shot and they fouled. He told me Bibby made the first and second (I think) so I said bye thinking Kings had won. WTF happened??
go and read PBP thread

probably.

He had no business being in the game at that point in time. We have no coach
Yeah, I think maybe not making the best use of Garcia could easily be part of the problem.

Everyone has their talents. What is great leadership is knowing how to put each individual in the best position to shine. Or at least perform as well as they can and contribute to the success of the whole with the things they are good at. To me that is the hardest part of coaching or managing a group of people.

Hopefully, Garcia will learn from his mistakes. I'm sure he wants to get better.

why the hell did quincy douby bearly play?

they should have got him involved earlier in the game....mussleman really made me frustrated, i was at the game, we couldnt hit any threes....we also needed a spark in the 2nd quarter, he coulda been it....musslemen took too long to put him in, and he was forced to shoot when he was put in

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
they should have got him involved earlier in the game....mussleman really made me frustrated, i was at the game, we couldnt hit any threes....we also needed a spark in the 2nd quarter, he coulda been it....musslemen took too long to put him in, and he was forced to shoot when he was put in
There you go... the rest of us have been wondering what went wrong, when the answer was staring us right in the face: not enough minutes for Douby...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Short answer: Kobe Bryant.

Mike's gotta play. The Lakers frontline was way too big for Douby to switch onto. And if he plays OG he has to check Kobe. Which would have been bad.

Alternately Muss's horoscope may have said "you shall enjoy the color green today". You never can tell.

Then go live it.
I live it but part of it are the Kings, and when they lose, it usally gets me me in a bad mood, but not so much anymore. However, when you lose to the Lakers, especially in a close game like that when they had the win, I get mad and that affects the life I live.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I live it but part of it are the Kings, and when they lose, it usally gets me me in a bad mood, but not so much anymore. However, when you lose to the Lakers, especially in a close game like that when they had the win, I get mad and that affects the life I live.
Aren't you the same guy who was talking about how nobody cares about this game just twenty posts back?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Whatever.

That doesn't give you the right to talk down to the members of this forum. You're not the only one who gets upset when the Kings lose, dude. Show some respect for all the other Kings fans around here.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I also could add the one about Musselman I kept screaming at my TV, but I'd be breaking one of the most fundamental KF.com rules.

:p

Learned my lesson. Do NOT ask for postgame quotes when the Kings lose a close one, ESPECIALLY to the Lakers.

Yep. Got it, won't happen again. ;)

Any post game quotes?
"I'm goin' with the Lakers" - Vlade Divac

I live here in LA area and watched the game thru KCAL. During a 2nd quarter break, Vlade was interviewed and was asked who he was rooting for in a game like this. Vlade said the abovementioned, but was visibly uncomfortable in saying it....he said it only after he mentioned that he was now working for the Lakers...awwwww, Vlade....

Why didn't we allow him to retire as a king?

Short answer: Kobe Bryant.

Mike's gotta play. The Lakers frontline was way too big for Douby to switch onto. And if he plays OG he has to check Kobe. Which would have been bad.
Yep. KMartin was taken out of the game due to his lack of size/strength (which lead to his inability to contain Luke Walton), so I don't see how there was a place for Douby on the floor, unless he was going to run when Farmar and Sasha V. were out there...but those were the times when KMartin and Bibby were having the most success attacking the Lakers' perimeter defense. To take out either of those two (on a night when KMartin's minutes were already limited and Mike was having a vintage Bibby-vs.-the-Lakers game) in favor of Douby would've have been too speculative a move, imho.

"I'm goin' with the Lakers" - Vlade Divac

I live here in LA area and watched the game thru KCAL. During a 2nd quarter break, Vlade was interviewed and was asked who he was rooting for in a game like this. Vlade said the abovementioned, but was visibly uncomfortable in saying it....he said it only after he mentioned that he was now working for the Lakers...awwwww, Vlade....

Why didn't we allow him to retire as a king?
For a second there, I actually wondered who Vlade was rooting for. But then I realized that he's currently working for LA, and so I didn't even want to know what he would say. :eek:

Oh wait. I have one more...

OH LOOK! There's Vlade!!!!!

...sniff, sniff...

:(
They interviewed Vlade on the radio play-by-play at some point in the first half, and asked him if he had one play to redo in his whole career, which would it be. Not surprisingly, the answer was Game 4 of the 2002 WCF (we all know the play). The part I found interesting was that he said his thought process in tipping that ball out was that he had seen Magic whittle away the last seconds of a game by rolling/pushing a ball away from the Trailblazers once, so he thought that as long as he got the ball away from the rim, the time would run out.

So, not only did the Lakers take down the Kings in the 2002 WCF, but one of the key plays made by a King which determined the outcome was inspired, so to speak, by the actions of the Lakers. Is there no escape?

He got more money from the Lakers as well, if I remember correctly. That couldn't have hurt.
It's not really about the money, imho. It's more like Vlade didn't get the feeling that he is still wanted here...sigh...after all he's done....and the Lakers showed him that he is still wanted, and they even gave him his present job. We should've been the one that did all that. I'm sure he would've been a great asset to the Kings organization.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There's more to the story. Vlade has a great respect for Magic Johnson. It was the Lakers that brought Vlade to the NBA, and made his entire career possible. When it came time to end his career, Vlade had a choice. He went with the Lakers for a number of reasons. He still cares deeply about the fans in Sacramento and cherishes the time he spent as a Sacramento King.

Status
Not open for further replies.