Lakers @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that play by Magic. He just rolled the ball down the court as time ran out. Smart play. Vlade's tip was the right thing to do...there just happened to be someone standing there.

There's more to the story. Vlade has a great respect for Magic Johnson. It was the Lakers that brought Vlade to the NBA, and made his entire career possible. When it came time to end his career, Vlade had a choice. He went with the Lakers for a number of reasons. He still cares deeply about the fans in Sacramento and cherishes the time he spent as a Sacramento King.
Yep...Vlade, C-Webb, Doug, Peja (ones I have actually read what they said of the Kings after leaving) have all mentioned that they truly cherish the good ol' times they were here...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
He got more money from the Lakers as well, if I remember correctly. That couldn't have hurt.
I sincerely doubt that money was an issue: I recall an interview that Divac gave the first time the we played the Lakers after the trade, and Divac said that if we'd traded him sooner, he'd have stayed.

"I'm goin' with the Lakers" - Vlade Divac

I live here in LA area and watched the game thru KCAL. During a 2nd quarter break, Vlade was interviewed and was asked who he was rooting for in a game like this. Vlade said the abovementioned, but was visibly uncomfortable in saying it....he said it only after he mentioned that he was now working for the Lakers...awwwww, Vlade....

Why didn't we allow him to retire as a king?
And he said he was rooting for the Kings whe he was on Kings radio.

Vlade said he works for Real Madrid in Spain on KHTK.... Hmmm

I remember that play by Magic. He just rolled the ball down the court as time ran out. Smart play. Vlade's tip was the right thing to do...there just happened to be someone standing there.
It's just too bad for the Kings that that someone wasn't Rick Fox...

But Vlade also said that he considers Sac to be his home, and that, a few years down the road, he will be sending his kids to college in the US, and hopes to be doing something in the NBA again, like managing or coaching.

It sounded to me like he was fishing for an offer from the Maloofs. And why not? A lot of us would happily accept a bag of Cheetos as the new Kings coach, even if it had been open for several months. Vlade's sounding like a pretty attractive proposition right about now.

I sincerely doubt that money was an issue: I recall an interview that Divac gave the first time the we played the Lakers after the trade, and Divac said that if we'd traded him sooner, he'd have stayed.
Interesting...I had not heard that little tidbit before.

And for a man who has made as much money as Divac, I'm sure it wasn't about the money...but an extra couple million dollars is always an extra couple million dollars (or at least it would be to me).

It sounded to me like he was fishing for an offer from the Maloofs. And why not? A lot of us would happily accept a bag of Cheetos as the new Kings coach, even if it had been open for several months. Vlade's sounding like a pretty attractive proposition right about now.
As long as he hires a strength and conditioning coach who won't trumpet Vlade's infamous regimine, I'm all for it.

But Vlade also said that he considers Sac to be his home, and that, a few years down the road, he will be sending his kids to college in the US, and hopes to be doing something in the NBA again, like managing or coaching.

He pretty much was. He said he would love to be under the tutelage under somebody like GP or Jerry West.

...but didn't he say on tv that that he was "going with the Lakers" for the game last night??
I think when he's been on LA radio...he considers LA his home. Go figure.;)

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
He said he Is working for the lakers...which of course means he is getting paid by the kobes...as a scout in Euro especially in his native country, i think..
No, he is working for a european team, NOT the Lakers. He is no longer scouting for them. That was last year.

yeah, Vlade has a two year contract with the Lakers. This would be the 2nd year. Coincided with his desire to have his kids experience living in Europe for at least a year.

I really doubt that Vlade has any say in Madrid's soccer issues.
If he does, than that would explain why Barca has been killing in La Liga the last couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.