Pistons @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick the offense apart all you want, but I for one LOVE the defense. With an offensive performance like this last year, we'd be down 20 by now. Good defense keeps you in games and gives you a chance to win even if your offense stinks.
I love the defense. But you still have to score more than the other team to win. This team is having problems with that fact.

Martin seems not very aggressive to me so far. Am I wrong?

The team does look like it's not sure what to do on offense at times. A lot more holding the ball than there should be.

And props to JB for not playing the company line on the new no tolerance rule .

I love the defense. But you still have to score more than the other team to win. This team is having problems with that fact.

Martin seems not very aggressive to me so far. Am I wrong?
That's an understatment he's passing when he should shoot and forcing passes resulting in turnovers, I saw Muss very unhappy with one play.

We got better percentages in winning this year :p if you think about it.. offence is easy to learn. and right now were not playing with the best passing center in the nba.
Offense can't be that easy to learn, we look like a high school team.

I don't think this team is going to win as long as they play the style we're playing. Even if we do "learn the system", the system is trash. It's deep ball and that's garbage ball. Won't win that way.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm a defensive guy, every sport, heck every game, I have ever played I've been a defense first guy. That said, this is too much. Too unbalanced. Teams that play like we play are not only no better than mediocre, they bore you while practicing said mediocrity. They are Chicago (before this year) the Grizzlies. 40-45 win teams that win or lose games 85-80 and just cannot get any separation from their opponents.

Originally Posted by OptimusRhyme

Thomas 10 boards at halftime.... Don't understand why some of you dislike him.

Thomas doesn't do that very often. I LOVE what he's doing out there right now and he looks like our best player, but he's playing some inspired basketball.

I'd love if he could pass the cup of inspiration around to everyone. :D

I'm a defensive guy, every sport, heck every game, I have ever played I've been a defense first guy. That said, this is too much. Too unbalanced. Teams that play like we play are not only no better than mediocre, they bore you while practicing said mediocrity. They are Chicago (before this year) the Grizzlies. 40-45 win teams that win or lose games 85-80 and just cannot get any separation from their opponents.

This is only the 5th game, and they have been putting all focus on defence, im sure the offence will come. We have the scorers.

Martin passed up a couple of threes, and then made the wrong decision when he had Nazr on him, but when Martin gets over aggressive things get out of hand at times, too. The real issue is that Martin had started to score a little, was open on the wing and Artest overdribbles and gets the offensive foul on that last play.

Bibby's weakened handles has also hurt us on offense, as he's been burning Billups and Murray off the dribble, but unable to always control the ball once he gets in the lane. The refs are also missing a lot of fouls inside in this game and I'm surprised Mike doesn't have a tech yet.

Though his team's offense has been sasquatch-butt ugly, Musselman made a switch of Salmons on Rip early in this game, along with putting Price in and it gave the kings their 2nd quarter run.

OH GAWD........

these clowns earlier were talking about how porr billups's 3 point shooting has been this year.... he's hit 4 tonight.

WAY TO GO YOU DORKS!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
No offense to those of you who cannot get Comcast Sports Net, but I hate it when we play on national TV. We usually play at our crappiest. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.