DeMar DeRozan Rumor

you are kidding right? Carter has the smallest standing reach on the team. He has zero chance of taking minutes from Lyles. I don’t care how high he jumps.

Fox is shooting for All NBA, Monk for 6th man and Ellis is hands down our best defender and may well be a candidate for most improved.
Umm no?

I think you’re misunderstanding how rosters work. Giving Lyles’ minutes to Carter =/= play Carter at PF. You’re kidding, right?

Umm no?

I think you’re misunderstanding how rosters work. Giving Lyles’ minutes to Carter =/= play Carter at PF. You’re kidding, right?
Still doesn’t work because you have a hole at 3. you can’t just slide over and be undersized across the board. Keon becomes overmatched at the 3.

Still doesn’t work because you have a hole at 3. you can’t just slide over and be undersized across the board. Keon becomes overmatched at the 3.
So you admit you were mistaken. I appreciate that!

And no, I’m not putting Ellis at the 3 in this situation. I’m putting the guy who is stronger than Ellis, can contest shots at a higher point than Ellis, and is a better rebounder than Ellis at the 3 for short stretches of time. And again, we can shave 2-4 min from Fox, Monk, and Ellis to give some more guard minutes to Carter which helps save their legs come playoff time.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Not only that, but HB then proceeds to fill a giant hole off the bench of getting Monk some help generating offense. And I think he just gets way more effective in a more limited MPG role where he can be a more feature option.
Do you really think that HB has a different motor he’ll activate in a different / lesser role? I see the same low energy, kind of effective but also just existing, guy on the court. It really wouldn’t shock me to see him average less than 10.

And no, I’m not putting Ellis at the 3 in this situation. I’m putting the guy who is stronger than Ellis, can contest shots at a higher point than Ellis, and is a better rebounder than Ellis at the 3 for short stretches of time. And again, we can shave 2-4 min from Fox, Monk, and Ellis to give some more guard minutes to Carter which helps save their legs come playoff time.
This is the true benefit of depth imo. After the last 2 years, I'm realizing how important it would be if we could shave off 300-400 minutes from Domas and Fox to keep them healthier and more refreshed for a playoff run. Domas especially basically leading the NBA on minutes the last 2 years is not ideal.

I think that's where an improved Carter/Keon and another offensive hub like DDR can be really important. It's only a good thing if we take some minutes stress off their plate over the course of a season

Carter can’t play the three any better than Malik can. Malik has the same vert and a better standing reach and failed in Charlotte as a 2 because he wasn’t big enough. It wasn’t until he became a 1-2 and worked on his passing skills he became as valuable as he his. Carter has many of his same attributes.

Carter can’t play the three any better than Malik can. Malik has the same vert and a better standing reach and failed in Charlotte as a 2 because he wasn’t big enough. It wasn’t until he became a 1-2 and worked on his passing skills he became as valuable as he his. Carter has many of his same attributes.
It will depend on matchups. The nba isn’t played in static.

Do you really think that HB has a different motor he’ll activate in a different / lesser role? I see the same low energy, kind of effective but also just existing, guy on the court. It really wouldn’t shock me to see him average less than 10.
Yeah I do. HB still showed us he's got scoring chops and can still shoot, I just don't think he's got the lateral quickness to defend starters anymore. Put him in a 20 MPG role where he's a primary scoring option off the bench and he'll be competing for a 6MOY award

Wanna bet that Carter has more defensive versatility than Malik?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Yeah I do. HB still showed us he's got scoring chops and can still shoot, I just don't think he's got the lateral quickness to defend starters anymore. Put him in a 20 MPG role where he's a primary scoring option off the bench and he'll be competing for a 6MOY award
That’s a whole mindset though. Maybe he translates better than I hope, but there’s no way a guy who’s played the style Harrison has played his entire career is going to go to the bench and become a microwave scorer. He may not even going to be the best guy on his own team’s bench (if Monk doesn’t start, which is still totally up in the air)

That’s a whole mindset though. Maybe he translates better than I hope, but there’s no way a guy who’s played the style Harrison has played his entire career is going to go to the bench and become a microwave scorer. He may not even going to be the best guy on his own team’s bench (if Monk doesn’t start, which is still totally up in the air)
I don't think it's even about mindset. It's a matter of his role. With the starters, he's the guy that stands in the corner and waita for a kick out 3. He showed in that huge stretch he had last season he can still be a great scorer. He'd have that role off the bench, to help Malik create offense. Which, we sorely needed last year. It was Malik or bust

I understand that Kings fans are not used to the franchise being in a position to acquire significant talent all that often, but everybody needs to relax. This is how it goes everywhere else. Players weigh their options, visit teams, experience cities, get a feel for their comfort level with facilities, front offices, and coaching staffs. Most deals don't get done the minute a moratorium ends in this league. I've posted the links before, but track down readily available information on significant trades and sign-and-trades across the last few seasons. You'll notice many significant acquisitions occurring well after July 6th. Maybe something happens this weekend, maybe it doesn't. But movement doesn't end just because a moratorium does. Goodness. Get a grip, friends.