DeMar DeRozan Rumor

Carter can’t play the three any better than Malik can. Malik has the same vert and a better standing reach and failed in Charlotte as a 2 because he wasn’t big enough. It wasn’t until he became a 1-2 and worked on his passing skills he became as valuable as he his. Carter has many of his same attributes.
You really should actually check out some game video of Carter. The strength difference between these two should be quite noticeable if you pay attention.

Man, when looking at spreadsheets to compare length and measurements or to compare advanced metrics, keep in mind that it’s on paper……more importantly is what does it look like on video. How do guys play in real life….thats more important
I'm shamed to admit that I looked up DeRozan's standing reach, and then looked up Fox's for comparison, because of this forum. lol what has my life become?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
You really should actually check out some game video of Carter. The strength difference between these two should be quite noticeable if you pay attention.
Yeah, Carter is a freak athlete on defense. There are literally highlights of the dude blocking shots over Donovan Clingan screens but that apparently doesn’t count for anything when the dude’s standing reach doesn’t meet an arbitrary criteria

Yeah, Carter is a freak athlete on defense. There are literally highlights of the dude blocking shots over Donovan Clingan screens but that apparently doesn’t count for anything when the dude’s standing reach doesn’t meet an arbitrary criteria
Also doesn't measure the "dawg" level in him. Carter wants to mix it up with the bigs and contest shots and go get rebounds. He's got that nastiness that a Smart-esq defender has.

Also love how the conversation changes from wingspan to standing reach because Carter had an extraordinary wingspan. Anything to take a shot at Monte and not admitt being wrong

I'm actually getting mad paranoid Carter is going to be an outgoing piece.

I've always wanted a player like him on the Kings and am super hyped we drafted him, so it'll only be natural that he goes out in a DD trade as the "King's fandom toll".
Haha, that would be absolutely stupid. DeRozan has like 2-3 years left of tail end of prime play most likely. You don't trade lottery talent in a deal like that and DEFINITELY not in a sign and trade. All those talks of Pop loving Barnes might be tested here soon though.

It's a sign and trade & he seems to want to leave Bulls ... I'd be shocked if it's anymore than say Huerter and a 1st rounder, or Barnes & a 1st rounder. Could even be couple seconds ... DeRozan isn't the best fit and doesn't have the shooting but if it doesn't cost much assets, it's lower risk than trading a ton for Ingram. Can still be in position to offer picks for a bigger splash at some point, say midseason. DeRozan could easily grow into a supersub forward in years 2 & 3 in my opinion (and still play 26-30 mpg).

It's a sign and trade & he seems to want to leave Bulls ... I'd be shocked if it's anymore than say Huerter and a 1st rounder, or Barnes & a 1st rounder. Could even be couple seconds ... DeRozan isn't the best fit and doesn't have the shooting but if it doesn't cost much assets, it's lower risk than trading a ton for Ingram. Can still be in position to offer picks for a bigger splash at some point, say midseason. DeRozan could easily grow into a supersub forward in years 2 & 3 in my opinion (and still play 26-30 mpg).
Doesn't have the shooting?

I'm actually getting mad paranoid Carter is going to be an outgoing piece.

I've always wanted a player like him on the Kings and am super hyped we drafted him, so it'll only be natural that he goes out in a DD trade as the "King's fandom toll".
I don't think so.

If draft night reports were to be believed, we were all set to trade the pick until Carter was still there OTC. My guess is we had him a full tier or 2 ahead of a lot of projected guys in that range. Certainly love him enough to cancel all our trade plans.

Even a first rounder would be a bit overboard IMO. Monte had two options, go overboard on value and throw all his pieces in on a major star, or go after a lower leverage buy. He chose the latter. Unless DeRozan doesn't want to play in Sacramento then his only leverage right now is to sign for whatever exception a team has out there. Monte's leverage is DDR is way older and while he would definitely help generate half court offense, no, he's not a perfect fit and certainly not one that is going to be playing at a super high level beyond his next contract.

Even a first rounder would be a bit overboard IMO. Monte had two options, go overboard on value and throw all his pieces in on a major star, or go after a lower leverage buy. He chose the latter. Unless DeRozan doesn't want to play in Sacramento then his only leverage right now is to sign for whatever exception a team has out there. Monte's leverage is DDR is way older and while he would definitely help generate half court offense, no, he's not a perfect fit and certainly not one that is going to be playing at a super high level beyond his next contract.

It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out. My hope is that the Bulls are just getting a trade exception and maybe a few seconds from SA and the Spurs are getting a player they actually want ( Kevin or HB, preferably Kev since we are loaded at guard).

Spurs gave up players and a 2nd round pick to make space. We are not making this happen without a 1st.
Well, that would be better than the Kings adding any youth like Keon or Carter since the Kings have very little at this point to rebuild with if this doesn't work out. The Kings going all in on a 35 year old and trading youth for a FA whose team is prepped to let him just walk would look pretty terrible and desperate. lol. The Spurs being involved makes sense considering Pop has always been high on Barnes. The Spurs seem to be wanting to add vets to help bring their team along so adding CP3 and Barnes could make sense for them.